The original Eureka School District (colored area on map) was established in 1908 on the NE corner of Section 10, Township 5, Range 19, on the Robert T. Wray homestead. Sold to O.P. Bookless on May 16, 1916. There was one teacher until the 1917-1918 school year, when they had two teachers. The 1914-1915 school year listed 15 families and 31 students on the schoolastic census. One teacher for all 8 grades. In the 1918-1919 school year there were 3 teachers.
In 1923 a new school building was built on Section 22, Township 5, Range 19.
On May 2, 1935, the Eureka School located in Section 22, Township 5, Range 19, burned, cause unknown. On May 3 1935, the school board made a preliminary application for a grant from the Public Works Administration of the Federal Government to erect a new building. Bonds were voted by a vote of 208 to 16. The site was moved by a vote of the people to Baker Post Office, Bakersburg. December 13, 1935, the contract was awarded to Chester Cowen of Chickasha, OK, for the sum of $64,123.00. Construction of the building started on February 20, 1936. Work was slow because of dirt storms through March, April, and May, the worst in history. In spite of this, by July 5, 1936 the building was better than 70% complete. Total cost of the building when completed with the necessary furniture, was approximately $80,000.00. The plans for construcion also showed a bus barn and manual training room. These were not built. Building and equipment were ready for school September 1, 1936. Eureka received a grant in the amount of 45% of the cost of the building, $28,636.00. In 1941-1942 school year there were 78 male and 73 female students. In 1947, Phoenix School was annexed into the district, making a total of 95 square miles. 1949-1950, 113 students. 1958-1959 there were 83 total students. 1965-1966, 67 students. With declining enrollment Eureka patrons voted to close the High School. Students to be transfered to the school of their choice beginning 1967-1968 year. After much work and legal decisions on May 2, 1969, the territory comprising all of dependent school District No. 12, of Texas County, Oklahoma was annexed to the adjacent Independent School District No. 128, Turpin, of Beaver County, Oklahoma. The vote was 78-14 to annex.