The Cross

 

Ambon Berdarah On-Line
News & Pictures About Ambon/Maluku Tragedy

 

 


 

 

 

Paras Indonesia


Paras Indonesia, 02, 21 2006 @ 07:01 pm

14 Suspects Detained in 2nd Bali Bombings

Posted by: Roy Tupai

Fourteen people have been detained as suspects in the October 1, 2005, triple suicide bombings that killed 23 people and injured 196 others on the resort island of Bali, police said Monday (20/2/06).

Bali Police spokesman Senior Commissioner A.S. Reniban said 10 of the suspects had been transferred to National Police headquarters in Jakarta for further questioning, while four are being held in Bali.

Several other suspects remain at large, including Malaysian Noordin Mohammad Top, who is believed to have played key roles in a series of deadly bomb attacks over recent years.

Reniban said four “suspects” had been killed: the three suicide bombers, as well as Malaysian bomb-maker Azahari bin Husin, who was shot dead in a police raid on his East Java hideout in November.

He said the four being held in Bali are Anif Sulhanudin alias Pendek (24), Abdul Azis (30), Dwi Widianto alias Wiwid (31), and Mohamad Cholili alias Yahya (28). The first three are all from Central Java, while Cholili is from Malang, East Java.

Asked when they would be handed to the public prosecutor’s office to face trial, Reniban police were preparing dossiers on four of them.

Of the 10 being held in Jakarta, six have been identified as Subur Sugiarto, Abu Sayaf, Ardi Wibowo, Joko Suroso, Aditya Triyoga and Puji Sriyono.

Police have said Sugiarto helped Noordin to recruit suicide bombers. He is also said to have been the cameraman for a videotape that showed the three bombers and Noordin prior to the attack.

Sayaf allegedly provided guns that were used in a bank robbery to raise funds for the bombings.

National Police chief General Sutanto has said Noordin’s detained associates told police the Malaysian declared himself the leader of a new regional terrorist group called Tandzim Qoedatul Jihad.

Noordin has previously been named as a member of regional terror network Jemaah Islamiyah, which was responsible for the October 2002 Bali nightclub bombings that killed 202 people.

National Police Detective chief Commissioner General Makbul Padmanegara said the new group is probably an offshoot of Jemaah Islamiyah.

Copyright (c) 2005 - PT Laksamana Global International. All rights reserved
 


Copyright © 1999-2002 - Ambon Berdarah On-Line * http://www.go.to/ambon
HTML page is designed by
Alifuru67 * http://www.oocities.org/lokkie2005
Send your comments to alifuru67@yahoogroups.com
This web site is maintained by the Real Ambonese - 1364283024 & 1367286044