Web Page Design ServiceFollowing some comments and
enquiries I've heard from other people, I'm offering a simple web page
design and maintenance service!
- You have some free web space provided by your ISP and don't know how
to use it.
- You'd like to have a web page to advertise your work or leisure
- You know what to say but don't know enough about HTML or have the
other skills to make it into a web page.
- You like the way I've done mine and others
- You haven't the time to learn how to do it for yourself
- You don't want to spend money on scanners, books, software packages
and the like.
- You can't afford to pay a lot of money for a full scale graphics
design exercise (often not appropriate for web pages anyway)
|What I Can do
||What I Don't Do|
(if I can possibly help it)
- Create simple, effective, colorful web pages that should be
perfectly readable and make sense with any browser.
- Demonstrate what the pages will look like by placing them on a
temporary site, if required, or by arranging for you to view them
directly with your own or another computer.
- Scan your logo, photographs or other graphic images, and convert
them into a suitable form for inclusion in your pages.
- Test the pages with several different web browsers to make sure
everybody will see them properly
- Include links to other pages anywhere on the web, if required.
- Make periodic updates as and when you supply me with the
- Register the pages with the leading search engines so people will
find them by keyword searches
- Include a tasteful and unobtrusive footer showing, when last updated
and a "created by..." link to this page.
- Show you how to do all the above, so you can continue to keep the
page up to date. That includes pointing you to (or downloading and
printing) some chosen examples of the many guides available on the web.
- Include some basic common Java scripts.
- Sell you the space where your pages will be kept (though I might be
able to advise)
- Custom CGI Scripts, Java
- Microsoft, Netscape or other proprietary special effects that won't
work on everybody's web browser. That includes ActiveX components.
- Things that require programming on the server side.
- Charge the earth for my services!
- Cover your your page up with adverts for other services to reduce
costs/make money (unless you want me to do that!)
- Make huge pages with massive graphic images that take for ever to
- Deal with email enquiries about your own business advertised on your
site. You need at least an email address of your own if you want folks
to send messages, enquiries or orders.
|If you want to know more, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 5644379 and we'll negotiate!
the principle for design charges is by hourly rate of accomplishment
of web pages.