||Secure a software engineering position that provides a
challenging environment and the opportunity for innovation.
- Strong team leader.
- Proficient in both applications and tools development.
- Multimedia specialist with PC, set-top and Macintosh experience.
- Experienced in application internationalization, including most major Far East languages.
- Excellent at reaching engineering solutions with business needs in mind.
- Experienced with developing both Internet applications and WWW sites.
- Technologies include: Win31, Win32 NT/95, MCI, GUI, HTML, CSS, HTTP, SMTP,
POP3, IMAP4, MPEG, VCD, CD-i, CD-RTOS, ISO-9660, TCP/IP, OOD, OOP, I18N, and L10N.
- Registered Apple Newton developer.
||1995 - 1998 Twin Sun, Inc. El Segundo, CA
- Project Lead and main client development for the Utaraku Internet Karaoke
system. Home and professional multimedia karaoke system that received updates
via CD's or the Internet. Fully internationalized, including Japanese, Korean
and Chinese. Wrote client software for custom dial-up and HTTP transfers.
Software for Win95 & WinNT. Was written in C/C++ with server-side components
in C and CGI.
- Netio team member. Java based Internet appliance. Provides mail and network
with internationalized support for IMAP, WebMail, etc. Was responsible for
i18n, browser issues, IMAP and HTTP handling, all written in Java utilizing
OOD/OOP on a Linux platform. Also transitioned the project from Jigsaw to
- ManaShop sales kiosk. Director based programming. Extensive OOP with Lingo
and custom extensions in C/C++.
- WWW specialist. Set company standards for graphics and page authoring.
- Developed an MLS application and development system for Sony MMCD hardware
in C & x86 assembly. Included custom search and retrieval engine and a total
system capacity of text and graphics for over 25,000 listings.
|1992 - 1995 CD-Interactive, Inc. Fountain Valley, CA
Senior Media Engineer
- Managed 6 person engineering department and participated in most major
client and pitch meetings.
- Created consumer CD-i applications for Japanese, Korean and domestic
markets. Work done in C and 68K Assembly. Included extensive interfacing
with art department and graphics issues.
- Responsible for initial training of LG Media, Goldstar's Interactive Media
division, upon it's formation. Created engineering course work and taught
the more advanced sessions. Included VCD and MPEG production training.
- Systems integration of a custom format digital audio CD workstation for a
division of Sony. Included writing custom CD image building software in C.
- Created MS Windows based custom player software for MPEG & VCD. Written in
C/C++ and utilized MCI.
- Created pseudo-real time video capture system in C and x86 Assembly.
- Created Windows multimedia authoring system in C/C++ for CD-i children's
titles. Written in C for Windows 31 & Windows NT. Included custom playback
routines and real-time synchronization for CD-i graphics formats and ADPCM
audio on the Windows platform.
|1990 - 1992
- For Magna-Code Systems, created a video ID system used by a California
State agency. Two workstations badged over 5,000 people in the first 2 weeks
of use. Duties included sales presentations in addition to development in C
& x86 Assembly. Wrote custom low-level drivers for dye-sublimation photo
- 3D design, flow, modeling and animation for dungeons in StoneKeep,
Interplay's $5M game. Duties included analysis and choice of current 3D
software, 3D graphics production procedures and cross-platform
- For Magna-Code Systems, did extensive work with various xBase programs for
ID badge creation and tracking.
||Java, C/C++, Assembly (68K, x86, 68xx), NewtonScript,
Director Lingo, Pascal, Object Pascal.
||Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, DOS, OS/9,
CD-RTOS, Linux, Unix.