THOMAS E. ALLEN
1351 S. Lakeview Avenue
La Habra, California 90631
An APICS certified highly motivated manufacturing professional with broad-based experience in Materials, Production and Inventory Control. Proactive leader with strong analytical, planning and communications skills. Positive team builder with keen business insight, focused on continual improvement for customer satisfaction and profitability, in SO. California
Material Requirements Planning, MRP, ERP, master schedule, forecast, capacity planning, inventory planning, inventory control, inventory, production planning, production control, production, materials, purchasing, customer service, quality control, quality assurance, manufacturing, distribution, operations, warehouse, stockroom, shipping, receiving, data control, data entry, bar code, BOM, Just In Time, JIT, Total Quality Management, TQM, ISO 9000, ISO 9001
Materials Manager, Inventory Control Manager, Production Control Supervisor,
Master Scheduler, Inventory Planning Specialist, Senior Production Planner,
Material Control Planner, Planner
Los Angeles, CA, 310, 424, 626
Orange County, CA, 714, 562, 949
Copy America Inc., Costa Mesa, CA
- Increased stockroom efficiency by 95 percent by installing
an inventory control system.
- Improved customer service by developing a telephone follow up program
to find out how the technical service was performed and established an in
house service training program following the results.
- Savings of $250,000 annually by developing vendor loyalty of
two major suppliers using tier volume discounts and eliminating vendors
not willing to give dealer rebates.
Performance Machine Inc.,
La Palma, CA (1999-2002)
Inventory Control Manager
- In my first 6 months, established the sales forecast, inventory
control procedures and reviewed the bills of material for accuracy. This
provided a platform to implement the MRP module to be used for inventory
and production planning purposes.
- Increased inventory accuracy from 20 percent to 98 percent
by establishing work order kitting and a cycle count program.
- Developed layout for new warehouse/manufacturing facility, coordinating movement of all inventory and equipment from existing facility to new facility, resuming full operations within 24 hours.
- Reduced the inventory value from $5.2MM to $3.1MM by conducting
the first company physical inventory and the subsequent depletion
of obsolete inventory.
- By creating an Inventory Control Planning Department, sales
backlog was reduced by 70 percent by using accurate MRP data.
- Increased inventory turns from 3 to 6 a year by planning and
coordinating efforts with production control and purchasing.
Citicorp Development Center, Los Angeles,
Production Control Supervisor
- Due to the planned plant closure, within an 18-month period,
with sales increased from $24MM to $47MM, profits from $4.4MM to $10MM,
completed final assembly and plant closure on schedule. Formulated and master
scheduled a plan for doubling production, hiring over 80 temporary employees
and running a second shift.
- Savings of $700,000 annually by planning and implementing outsourcing
of the component kitting for the surface mount, printed circuit board assembles.
- Expedited purchase orders and resolved delivery discrepancies
with vendors. Attended bi-weekly material control meetings to review material
shortages and establish corrective action plans.
- Savings of $180,000 annually by reducing labor and material
handling costs. Restructured one half of the sub-assembly department to utilize
the point of storage or cellular approach of team cell manufacturing.
- Created a more efficient tracking system of over 60 printed
circuit board assemblies by installing a work in process, bar code tracking
Citicorp Transaction Technology, Los Angeles, CA (1989-1993)
Master Production Scheduler
- Successfully coordinated numerous product changes with engineering,
purchasing, quality control and vendors in a dynamic environment. Maintained
documentation control by assessing current revisions throughout a multi-configuration
- Maintained a 15 level bill of material parts lists system with
over 200,000 line items. Established manufacturing configurations from engineering
drawings and parts lists.
Citicorp Transaction Technology, Los Angeles, CA (1987-1989)
Inventory Planning Specialist
Citicorp Transaction Technology, Los Angeles, CA (1984-1987)
Senior Production Planner
Citicorp Transaction Technology, Los Angeles, CA (1982-1984)
Material Control Planner
Citicorp Transaction Technology, Los Angeles, CA (1980-1982)
Brockport State University, Brockport,
California State Dominguez Hills University,
Dominguez Hills, CA
American Production and Inventory Control
Corel WordPerfect 8
Jacobsen and Associates MRP system
Syspro Impact Encore ERP Solutions system
Thomas E. Allen, La Habra, CA