Classic ATWT Storylines
As the World Turns has had numerous memorable storylines throughout its history. Since this web site focuses on the years 1956 through 1990, the links below will lead you to synopses from the first 35 years of ATWT.
The synopses included here are taken from various sources:
- TV Guide for the storyline from late May 1956 to April 1957;
- For pre-1970s storyline details, paraphrases of material from As the World Turns: the Complete Family Scrapbook by Julie Poll (1996);
- Paraphrases of Robert Wargo's summaries of ATWT episodes he viewed at the Museum of Television & Radio;
- Old ATWT Fan Club mimimagazines for material from 1984-85;
- For material from 1976-1990, weekly synopses from a weekly syndicated column originally done by the late Jon Michael Reed; and
- My own personal notes based on Soap Opera Digest synopses, my own memories and personal notes, and audio and video tapes I have acquired of episodes of ATWT from 1956 to 1990.
I hope to supplement this by one day visiting the Procter & Gamble and Irna Phillips Collections at the State Historical Society Museum in Madison, WI and the Popular Culture Center at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.
If anyone has any additions or corrections to offer, please e-mail me at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and I will gladly receive this information. Thank you.
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page