Born February 01,1943 at Inayatabad in Mansehra District, NWFP Pakistan. Got early education from ancestral village and then moved to Peshawar and Karachi for higher studies. Married with four children. Matriculated in 1957, got F.Sc. from Peshawar University in 1959, did B.Sc. in 1961 and M.Sc. in 1963 from Karachi University. Specializing in Entomology during M. Sc.
House # 477, Block 3, Khurrum Colony, Muslim Town, Rawalpindi, Pakistan Phone; 051 / 4426022
Email: mirshad firstname.lastname@example.org
Entomology /Integrated Pest Management/ Research Management
Technical Assistant, Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Karachi, Sept., 1963 to Aug. 1968; Assistant Entomologist and Entomologist, Commonwealth Institute of Biological Control, Rawalpindi, Sept. 1968 to May, 1975 and June, 1981 to September 1983; Assistant Entomologist, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Islamabad May, 1975 to Sep 1979; Consultant CII, Davao, Philippines Oct. 1979 to June, 1981; Senior Scientific Officer and Principal Scientific Officer, National Agricultural Research Center, Islamabad Oct., 1983 to February 1999 and February 1999 till January 31, 2003 (Retired).
Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, U.K.
ª Testing of locally formulated pesticides.
ª Taxonomical studies of phytophagous and predatory mites.
ª Chemical control of mites and aphids.
ª Biological control of mites and aphids.
ª Natural enemies of stink bugs on graminacous plants of Pakistan.
ª Biological control of flies that breed in dung and vegetable refuse in Pakistan.
ª Natural enemies of grasshoppers found in Pakistan.
ª Phytophagous insects of forest weeds.
ª Pest management studies on sugarcane, cotton, rice and maize crops of Pakistan.
ª Microbial control of lepidopterous pests.
ª Population studies and control of weeds of important crops.
ª Management of Cocoa and Coconut pests in Philippines.
ª Management of lepidopterous pests of Crucifers.
ª Studies on losses in stored grains.
ª Varietal susceptibility in different cereals against stored grain pests.
ª Resistance in stored grain pests to insecticides.
ª Fumigation techniques.
ª Loss reduction in cereals at farm level storage.
ª Loss reduction in wheat at public sector storage.
ª IPM in storage.
ª Establishment of Trichogramma labs. in the sugar mills at Khushab and Mandi Bahauddin.
ª Mangement of fruit flies.
ª Cocoa investors Incorporated, Davao, Philippines, 1980 / 81.
ª FAO project on rational use of pesticides, Islamabad 2000.
ª Yousaf Sugar Mills, Khushab, Sargodha, 2000.
ª Shahtaj Sugar Mills, Mandi Bahuddin, 2001.
ª Workshop on maize, sorghum and millet, P.A.R.C., Nowshera, April 1979.
ª Second Congress of Zoology, Tandojam, December 1981.
ª Eighteenth Convention, Pakistan Society of Sugar Technologists, Rawalpindi, 1982.
ª Third Congress of Zoology, Faisalabad, December 1982.
ª Nineteenth Convention, Pakistan Society of Sugar Technologists, Lahore, July 1983.
ª FAO/UNDP/PARC Regional Field Workshop on rice grading, inspection and analysis, Lahore and Karachi, 11 -18 March 1985.
ª PARC Workshop and training course on Food grain management at Islamabad and Karachi, 8-17 and 26-31 July 1986.
ª Eighth Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Peshawar, April 1988.
ª Ninth Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Khanspur, May 1989.
ª Tenth Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Khanspur, May 1990
ª Second International Cong. Ento. Sci., Islamabad, March 1996.
ª First Crop Protect. Conf. Peshawar April 1996.
ª FAO Workshop on Rational Use of Pesticides, Islamabad, July 2000.
ª Plant Protection Technical Committee PARC, Islamabad, 2000.
ª Plant Protection Curriculum Review Committee UGC, Lahore, (twice), 2000.
FAO workshop on rational use of pesticides Bhurbon, May,2001
ª Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Muzzarabad, April, 2002.
ª FAO/UNDP Workshop on rice-post harvest technology, Philippines, July 1984.
ª FAO/UNDP Coordinator Conference on Post Harvest Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 1990.
ªFAO Workshop on Extension Materials for Post Harvest Technology, Pattaya, Thailand, November
ª Training course on Pesticide use, Islamabad, August 1986.
ª Training course on Integrated Pest Management, PARC Islamabad, October 1987.
ª FAO Training of Trainer's Course on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain Storage, PARC , Islamabad, May-June 1989.
ª FAO Training Course for Afghan Refugees, Peshawar, 1990.
ª FAO sponsored Training Course on Post Harvest Technology for Staff of AJK Agriculture Department, Garhi Dopatta, 1990.
ª Training Course on Decision Tools in Pest Management, NARC Islamabad, December
ª Trainees of Sarhad Rural Support Program, Islamabad, 1994.
ª Trainees of National Oil Development Program, Islamabad, 1994.
ª Trainees of Seed Certification, Islamabad, 1995.
ª Trainees of National Rural Support Program, Islamabad, 1995.
ª Co-Advisor M.Sc. (Hons.) Agric. thesis of NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar, 1986.
ª Examiner M.Sc. (Hons.) thesis, NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar, 1987, 1989, 1991.
ª Paper setter B.Sc. (Hons.) Agric. NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar, 1987.
ª Paper Examiner B.Sc. (Hons.) Agric. NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar, 1987.
ª Co-advisor M.Sc. Hons. Agri. Thesis of NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar (5 students).
ª Co-advisor M.Sc. Hons. Agri. Thesis of Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi (1 student).
ª Examiner B.Sc.students of Rawalakot College of Agriculture, July 2000.
ª Examiner B.Sc.students of Rawalakot College of Agriculture, Dcember 2002.
ª Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council,
ª Journal of Agriculture Research, Agriculture Department, Punjab, Lahore.
ª Sarhad Journal of Agriculture Research, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar.
ª Science andTechnology, Islamabad.
ª Pakistan Journal of Arid Agriculture.
ª Trained hundreds of farmers in grain handling at national Level.
ª Trained extension workers in Plant Protection.
ª Undertook the job of trainer in various International Courses on gain handling.
ª Trained about a thousand personals of provincial food department in grain handling.
ª Coordinated administrative/ financial activities of a project operating in whole Pakistan.
ª Administrative and financial responsibilities of a project in the Pothowar area.
ª Involved with International agencies concerned with Agriculture Research.
ª Supervised scores of workers responsible for Plant Protection in a large plantation.
ª In discussion panel of documentary on grain storage (PTV)
ª In discussion panel of documentary on pesticide application (PTV)
ª In discussion panel of documentary on Biological Control of Agricultural Pests (PTV)
ª In discussion panel of documentary on Control of Sugarcane Pyrilla.(PTV)
ª I have experience of computer skills like MS word, internet search and e mail correspondence, statistical analysis and graph makings
I started my research career with Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Karachi in 1963 where I worked on efficacy of locally formulated insecticides, which were ultimately commercialized. I also worked on control of phytophagous mites. In 1968, I joined Commonwealth Institute of Biological Control, Rawalpindi (now known as Biosciences Center) and worked on natural enemies of pentatomids, grasshoppers, cruciferous pests and forest weeds. In 1975, I joined Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, (Pest Management Project) Islamabad. I worked on the management of important pests of cotton, sugarcane, paddy and maize. Since 1983, I am working with National Agricultural Research Centre (PARC), Islamabad and my work was mainly on safe storage of food grains and Integrated Pest Management.
I have vast research, as well, as research management experience. I developed economically viable and environmentally friendly technologies for the control of stored grain pests, which cause huge economic losses. These technologies have been transferred to the farmers and commercial grain handlers through training courses, leaflets, brochures, lectures and television documentaries. By adopting these techniques, farmers are saving million of rupees. For the first time in Pakistan, I studied resistance in storage pests and developed resistance management strategies. Under the FAO sponsored project I trained personals from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Mymar, Nepal, Philippines and Vietnam on safe storage.
My work on control of sugarcane pests is outstanding and unique. In the Punjab, I managed the infestation of Gurdaspur borer during 1978-79 through non-chemical methods. Losses worth million of rupees were saved by the techniques developed by us. Similarly in NWFP, our team work led to the successful control of sugarcane Pyrilla and other pests. Thus aerial spraying was stopped. I was recently involved in the establishment of Trichogramma laboratories in various sugar mills in the Punjab. This well-known natural enemy of many pests is now being extensively used in Pakistan for environmentally friendly pest control.
My work on management of fruit flieis is also in line with present requirements of World Trade organization. This work revolves around survey of fruit flies infestaions, their habitat requiremnts and non insecticidal control i.e. Integrated Pest Management.
In addition to Pakistan, I also developed IPM technologies of cocoa pod borer, a devastating pest of cocoa in the Philippines. These control measures are now extensively used in Far Eastern countries.
I have published more than 120 research papers in International and National Journals. Researchers of the world refer most of these. One of my paper was given best paper award by Pakistan Society of Sugar Technologists in 1981.I have published a books and a monograph titled I have also contributed a chapter in a book on Integrated Pest Management, published by PARC. I submitted a report on resistance situation in agricultural pests of Pakistan to FAO, which was highly appreciated. I have supervised theses of M.Sc. students of NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar and Arid Agricultural University, Rawalpindi .In recognition of my achievements, Pakistan Agricultural Research Scientists Association conferred shield of honor on me in 1995 and 2001.
I created a web page for Internet on Papiolonid butterflies of Pakistan, an achievement that very few research scientists have obtained. Numerous interested users in the world have visited this web site.
I have also contributed in colloborating different projects.
01. Anwarullah, M., Akhtar,T. and Irshad, M. 1965. Notes on the life history and habits of
greenish spider mite, Porcupinychus abutiloni G. Nov., Sp. Nov. (Acarina : Tetranychidae). Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res., 8 (4): 218-220.
02.Anwarullah, M., Irshad, M. and Akhtar, T. 1966. Studies on the biological control of
phytophagous mites (Acarina: Tetranychidae) and aphids (Aphididae). Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res. 9(3): 256-259.
03.Irshad, M. 1967. Forest Products. Sci. Chronicle, 1(1): 23-25.
04.Irshad, M. 1968. Biological control of pests and its scope in Pakistan. Sci. Industry, 6(1-2): 40
05.Irshad, M. and Anwarullah, M. 1968. A new species of Rhizoglyphus(Acarina:Tetranychidae)
from Pakistan. Sind Univ. Sci. Res. J., 3(2): 155-157.
06. Irshad, M. 1968. History of evolution. Sci. Chronicle, 6(5): 19-21.
07. Anwarullah, M. and Irshad, M. 1971. A new species of Macrochelas (Acarina: Macrochelidae)
from Pakistan. Send Univ. Sci. Res. J., 2(2): 145-150.
08. Cheema, M.A., Irshad, M., Murtaza, M. and Ghani, M.A. 1973. Pentatomids associated with
graminae and their natural enemies In Pakistan. Tech. Bull. Commonw. Inst. Biol. Control, 16: 47-67.
09. Ghouri, A.S.K., Tirmazi, S.S., Rahman, H. and Irshad, M. 1977. Conventional and integrated
control of paddy pests in the Punjab. Int. Pest Control, 21(3): 63-64.
10. Ghouri, A.S.K., Irshad, M., Akram, M. and Shah, I. 1977.Studies on the economic significance
of spring maize pests and their control. Int. Pest Control, 20(5): 14-15.
11. Irshad, M. 1977. Parasites of grasshopper eggs associated with paddy in Pakistan. IRRN 2(5):
12. Irshad, M., Rahmat, A. and Ghani, M.A. 1977. Grasshoppers associated with paddy and their
natural enemies in Pakistan. Agric. Pak. 29(1): 55-64.
13. Irshad, M. 1977. A note on the occurrence of nematodes as internal parasites of grasshoppers in
Pakistan. Agri. Pak., 28(4):205-207.
14. Irshad, M., Ghani, M.A. and Rahmat, A. 1977. Studies on the grasshoppers occurrence in the
grasslands and their natural enemies in Pakistan. Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res., 20(2): 89-92.
15. Irshad, M. 1977. Grasshoppers on rice in Pakistan. IRRN, 2(3): 8-9.
16. Irshad, M. 1977. Shirakiacris shirakii, a new pest of paddy in Pakistan. IRRN, 2(5): 18.
17. Irshad, M. 1978. Efficacy of Bactospeine, a microbial pesticide against maize stem borer,Chilo
partellus (Swinh.) (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Biologia, 24(1): 53-57.
18. Irshad, M. 1978. Possibilities of lesser use of pesticides. Agri. Pak., II: 7-8.
19. Irshad, M., Ahmad, M., Ghani, M.A. and Rahmat, A. 1978. Parasites of grasshopper(Acridoidea
: Orthoptera) eggs: distribution and life history of Scelio spp. (Hymenoptera: Scelionidae) in Pakistan. Can. Ent., 110(5): 449-454.
20. Irshad, M. and Beg, M.N. 1979. Management of insect pests of maize in Pakistan. In: Proc.
Nat. Seminar on Maize, Sorghum and Millet held at Nowshera. pp 88-89.
21. Irshad, M. 1980. Population studies on weeds occurring in sugarcane fields of NWFP. Pak. J.
Agri. Res., 1(1): 57-60.
22. Vanialingam, T., Easaw, T., Irshad, M., Manalo, J. and Cruz, P. 1981. Early work in the control
of the cocoa pod borer (Acrocercops cramerella) in Philippines. In: Int. Cocoa Res. Conf.
held at Carlagena, Columbia on 18-24 October. pp 345-351.
23. Irshad, M., Ghouri, A.S.K. and Khanzada, I. 1981. Sugarcane borers in the sprayed and
unsprayed areas of northern Pakistan. ISST Entomol. Newslett., 11: 14-15,
24. Irshad, M., Shah, I. and Beg, M.N. 1982. Chemical control of Gurdaspur borer, Acigona steniellus Hamps. (Pyralidae: Lepidoptera) in Pakistan. Int. Pest Control, 4(4): 108.
25. Irshad, M., Mirza, S. and Rahatullah. 1982. Control of the sugar cane borers Chilo infuscatellus and Tryporyza nivella by bactospeine a microbial pesticide. Pertanika 5(2): 263-264.
26. Irshad, M. and Siddique, M. 1982. Natural enemies of Pyrilla perpusilla Wlk. (Homoptera : Fulgoridae) in northern Pakistan. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 3(3): 170-172.
27. Mohyuddin, A.I., Rahim, A. and Irshad, M. 1982. Studies on population dynamics of Pyrilla
perpusilla (Wlk.), its natural enemies in Pakistan and possibilities of its control. PSST, 18:
157-171. (Awarded Best Paper Prize).
28. Irshad, M. and Rahatullah. 1982. Notes on Epipyrops melanoleuca Fletcher (Epipyropidae :
Lepidoptera), a parasite of Pyrilla in Pakistan. ISST Entomology Newsletter, 13: 8-9.
29. Irshad, M., Beg, M.N. and Shah, I. 1982. Mechanical control of Acigona steniellus Hamp.
(Lepidoptera : Pyralidae) the Gurdaspur borer of sugarcane in Pakistan. ISST Entomol. Newsletter, 12: 8-11.
30. Irshad, M. 1983. Fly menace to animals and its control. Prog. Farm., 3(6): 39.
31. Irshad, M. 1983. Grasshoppers associated with sugarcane. PSST, 19: 107-109.
32. Irshad, M. and Baloch, U.K. 1984. Possible uses of biological pesticides in insect control. Prog.
Farm. 4(5): 24-26.
33. Irshad, M., Vanialingam, T. and Easaw, T. 1984. Potential of biological control for the cocoa
borer Acrocercops cramerella Snell. in the Philippines. Philipp. Ent., 6(2): 171-181.
34. Baloch, U.K., Irshad, M. and Iqbal, J. 1984. Post harvest losses, research and extension training
in Pakistan. A review. Crop Sci. Div., PARC, Islamabad. 25 pp.
35. Irshad, M. 1984. Post harvest problems in Pakistan. In: Proc. FAO/UNDP Regional Workshop
on Rice Post Harvest Technology held in Philippines on 17-22 July. pp. 22-23.
36. Irshad, M., Ali, R. and Mohyuddin, A.I. 1985. Notes on the biology and ecology of nymphal
and adult parasites of grasshoppers in Pakistan. Pak. J. Zool., 17(2): 173-177.
37. Baloch, G.M., Arif, M.I. and Irshad, M. 1985. Natural enemies associated with high altitude forest
weeds in Pakistan with notes on ecology and biology of important species. Pak. J.Forest.,
38. Baloch, U.K. and Irshad, M. 1985. Post harvest rice losses. In: Proc. FAO/UNDP Regional
Workshop on Rice Grading, Inspection and Analysis held at Lahore, Karachi on 11-18
March. pp. 212-217.
39. Irshad, M. and Baloch, U.K. 1985. Losses in wheat during storage and their prevention. Prog.
Farm., 5(2): 17-19.
40. Siddique, R.K., Irshad, M. and Mohyuddin. A.I. 1986. Scelio spp. as biocontrol agents of
acridids. Biocontrol News and Information, 7(2): 69-75.
41. Arif, M.I. and Irshad, M. 1986. Dwarf mistletoe and its natural enemies in Pakistan. Pak. J. Agri.
Res., 7(4): 333-336.
42. Baloch, U.K., Ahmad, H., Irshad, M., Bajoi, A.H., Baloch, G.M., Khalil, S.K. and Qayyum,
H.A. 1986. Losses in public sector storage in Pakistan; results of loss assessment survey, 1984-85. Crop Sci. Div., PARC, Islamabad. 129 pp.
43. Baloch, U.K. and Irshad, M. 1986. Post harvest research on food grains in Pakistan - A review
Crop Sci. Div., PARC, Islamabad. 45 pp.
44. Irshad, M. 1987. Biological control. In: Proc. Training course on Integ. Pest Manag. held at
Islamabad on Nov-Dec., 1987. PARC, pp. 22-25.
45. Irshad, M. 1987. Resistance in crops to insects. In: Training course on Integ. Pest Manag. Held
at Islamabad in Nov.-Dec.,47-55.
46. Irshad, M. and Baloch, U.K. 1987. Fumigants for food grains in storage. Prog. Farm., 7(4-5)
47. Irshad, M. 1987. Resistance in important stored grain pests to malathion in Pakistan. In: Proc.
Training Course on Integrated Pest Management held at Islamabad on Nov.-Dec.PARC, pp.
48. Harris, A.H., Irshad, M., Gillani, W.A. and Halliday, D. 1987. Report on experiments to
determine fumigability of storage structures for wheat at Rawalpindi. ODNRI-PARC. 16 pp.
49. Naveed, M., Irshad, M. and Khalil, S.K. 1987. Appropriate loss assessment methods for wheat
stored in Pakistan. S. J. Agri. 4(1): 79-86.
50. Irshad, M. and Mohyuddin, A.I. 1988. Efficacy of microbial pesticides against Plutella xylostella
L. (Plutellidae : Lepidoptera) in Pakistan. In: Proc. Pak. Zool. Cong. 8: 257-261.
51. Irshad, M., Khan, A. and Gillani, W.A. 1988. Resistance in some rice varieties to the damage of
Sitophilus oryzae and Sitotroga cerealella. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 9(4): 531-534.
52. Irshad, M., Khan, A. and Baloch, U.K. 1988. Losses in wheat in public sector storage in
Rawalpindi region during 1984-85. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 9(2): 136-140.
53. Irshad, M., Gillani, W.A. and Khan, A. 1988. Maize grain resistance to Sitotroga cerealella
and Sitophilus oryzae. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 9(4): 539-542.
54. Irshad, M. and Gillani, W.A. 1988. Resistance in some wheat varieties to the attack of
Sitophilus oryzae (L.) and Sitotroga cerealella Oliv. during storage. Pak. J. Ent. (Kar), 3(2): 85-94.
55. Irshad, M., Khan, A and Baloch, U.K. 1988. Losses incurred in maize at farm level in
Rawalpindi region during 1985-86. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 9(4): 523-526.
56. Irshad, M. 1988. Susceptibility of wheat varieties to the attack of Sitophilus oryzae (L.)
(Coleoptera : Curculionidae) in Pakistan. J. Zool., 20(2): 143-146.
57. Irshad, M., Talpur, S. and Gillani, W, A. 1989. Resistance in different genetic lines of paddy
against rice moth, Sitotroga cerealella (Oliv). IRRN, 14(5):16.
58. Iqbal, J. and Irshad, M. 1989. Insect pests of dried fruits in Pakistan. Prog. Farm., 9(6): 21-26.
59. Irshad, M. and Gillani, W.A. 1989. Resistance in Tribolium castaneum (Herbst) (Coleoptera :
Tenebrionidae) to malathion in Pakistan. Pak. J. Zool. 22(3): 257-261.
60. Gillani, W.A. and Irshad, M. 1990. Reaction of rice varieties to rice moth Sitotroga cerealella.
61. Irshad, M., Ghouri, A.S.K., Mirza, S. and Khanzada, I. 1990. Incidence and economic
significance of Chilo infuscatellus Snell. (Pyralidae : Lepidoptera) in northern Pakistan.
Sarh. J. Agri. 6(1): 35-38.
62. Irshad, M. 1990. Grain storage research in Pakistan. ACIAR Postharvest Newsletter 13: 4.
63. Irshad, M. 1990. Physical factors affecting stored grain. In: Training Manual, Safe Grain
Storage, Household Pests and their Control. AJK/FAO, 21-22 (In Urdu).
64. Irshad, M. 1990. Quality of grains and store management. In: Training Manual, Safe Grain
Storage, Household pests and their Control. AJK/FAO, 40-43 (In Urdu).
65. Irshad, M. 1990. Losses in Grain Storage. In: Training Manual, Safe Grain Storage,
Household pests and their Control. AJK/FAO, 1-4 (In Urdu).
66. Irshad, M. 1990. Safe storage of oats. In: Training Manual, Safe Grain Storage, Household
pests and their Control. AJK/FAO, 82-84 (In Urdu).
67. Irshad, M. & Iqbal, J. 1990. Effectiveness of fumigation in whole godown treatment and under
polythene sheet. Proc. Pak. Cong. Zool. 10: 125-128.
68. Irshad, M. 1990. Reduction of storage losses in Pakistan. Progressive farming. 10(5): 68-71.
69. Irshad, M. & Iqbal, J. 1990. Accuracy of different loss assessment methods for maize during
storage. Sarhad J. Agri. 6(5): 491-494.
70. Irshad, M., Gillani, W.A. and Gul, F. 1991. Relative resistance in some wheat varieties/genetic
lines to red flour beetle and lesser grain borer. Pak. J. Agri. Res., 12(1): 51-54.
71. Irshad, M., Azam, M. and Baloch, U.K. 1991. Quality comparison of public sector wheat
stored during 1984-85 in Rawalpindi region. Pak. J. Agric. Res., 12(2): 77-86.
72. Irshad, M. and Sagar, A. 1991. Factors responsible for resistance in rice grains to important
stored pests. Pak. J. Agric. Res., 12(4): 303-304.
73. Gillani, W.A. & Irshad, M. 1991. Reaction of wheat germplasms for resistance against
Sitophilus oryzae L. (Curculionidae: Coleoptera) during storage. Proc. Zool. Soc. Pakis. 11: 173-177.
74. Rafi, M., Irshad, M. and Matin, M.A. 1991. Bioecology of P. domeleus (Lepidoptera:
Papilionidae) and efficacy of bactospeine against its larvae. Pak. J. Entomol. Kar. 6 (1-2):
75. Irshad, M. & Talpur, S. 1991. Interspecific competition among stored grain pests. Pak. J. Ent.
(Karachi), 6 (1-2): 23-34.
76. Irshad, M. and Gillani, W.A. 1991. Malathion resistance in Sitophilus oryzae (L) (Coleoptera : Curculionidae) infesting stored grains in Pakistan. Pak. J. Agric. Res., 13 (3): 273-276.
77. Irshad, M. & Baloch, U.K. 1992. Fumigation in storage. Proc. FAO Training course on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain May 29 - June 10, 1989, PP 71-74.
78. Irshad, M. & Talpur, S. 1992. Efficacy of damfin against stored grain insect pests. Inter. Pest Control. 34 (6): 176-177.
79. Irshad, M., Gillani, W.A. & Iqbal, J. 1992. Occurrence of resistance in stored grain pests to
pesticides in Pakistan. Pak. J. Zool. 24 (1): 79-82.
80. Irshad, M. & Naeemullah, M. 1992. Population growth rate of malathion-resistant and susceptible
strains of red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum (Hbst.) (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae). Pak. J.
Zool. 24 (1): 31-33.
81. Gillani, W. A., Irshad M. and Hashmi A. 1992. Comparison of selection insecticides against stored grain insect pests. Proc. Pak. Cong. Zool. 12: 565-567.
82. Irshad, M. & Baloch, U.K. 1992. Storage loss assessment methods. Proc. FAO Training course
on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain, May 29 - June 10, 1989, PP 8-12.
83. Baloch, U.K., Irshad, M. & Naeemullah, M. 1992. Storage losses in wheat in Pakistan. Proc.
FAO Training course on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain, May 29 - June 10, 1989, PP 13-18.
84. Iqbal, J., Irshad, M. & Baloch, U.K. 1992. Insect of stored cereals and their ecology. Proc.
FAO Training course on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain, May 29 - June 10,
1989, PP 23-28.
85. Irshad, M. 1992. Resistant varieties in integrated control of storage pests. Proc. FAO Training
course on Integrated Pest Management in Food grain, May 29 - June 10, 1989, PP 43-46.
86. Irshad, M. 1992. Insecticide resistance in stored grain pests. Proc. FAO Training course on
Integrated Pest Management in Food grain, May 29 - June 10, 1989, PP 80-88.
87. Irshad, M. 1992. Fumigation. In: Household insects, Rodents and their control (In Urdu). Pak. Agri. Res. Council. Islamabad, PP 49-51.
88. Iqbal, J. & Irshad, M. 1993. Response of wheat to Sitotroga cerealella (Oliv.) (Lepidoptera:
Gelechiidae). J. Agri. Res. 31(3):359-362.
89. Mushtaque, M., Irshad, M. and Mohyuddin, A.I. 1993. Studies on natural mortality in immature stages of Pieris brassicae (L.) (Lepidoptera : Pieridae) in Rawalpindi. Pak. J. Zool. 25(2): 165-167
90. Iqbal, J., Talpur, S. and Irshad, M. 1993. Do you know how to protect grains for a longer
period (Pamphlet in Urdu). National Agri. Res. Centre, Islamabad.
91. Irshad, M. and Iqbal, J. 1993. Safe storage of cereals at farm level. (In Urdu). PARC,
Islamabad, pp 18.
92. Irshad, M. and Talpur, S. 1993. Interaction among three coexisting species of stored grain
insect pests. Pak. J. Zool. 25(2): 131-133.
93. Iqbal, J., Irshad, M. & Khalil, S. K. 1993. Sack fumigation of wheat under polythene sheet.
Sarhad J. Agri. 9(5): 399-402.
94. Khalil, S.K. and Irshad, M. 1994. Field estimates of population growth rate of some important
grain pests in wheat stored at farm level in northern Pakistan. Sarh. J. Agric. 10(3):273-278.
95. Irshad M.,Iqbal J. and Talpur S. 1994. Investigations on loss reduction in storage at farm level in wheat. Proc. 14th Pak. Cong. Zool. April 1-3. P 95.
96. Irshad, M., Iqbal J. 1994. Phosphine resistance in important stored grain insect pests in Pakistan. Pak. J. Zool. 26(4):347-350.
97. Irshad, M., Talpur, S. and Iqbal J. 1994. Physical quality of wheat in some villages of Rawalpindi and Islamabad during 1993. Pak. J. Zool. 26(4):363-364.
98. Baloch, U. K., Irshad, M. and Ahmed, M. 1994. Loss assessment and loss prevention in wheat and storage-technology development and transfer in Pakistan. Proc. Intern. Working Conf. Stored Product Protection. Vol. 2. 902-905.
99. Irshad, M. 1995. To study ecology of important stored grain pest. Annual report ERL, NARC
100. Irshad, M. 1995. Safe storage of Cereal Seed. Prog, Farming 5: 71-79.
101.Irshad, M. 1995. Adult longevity and fecundity of different strains of Tribolium castaneum Wlk. (Coleoptera:Tenebrionidae).Pak. J. Zool. 27(4): 380-382.
102. Mushtaque, M., Mohyuddin, A.I., Zafar, T. and Irshad, M. 1995. Notes on the important
lepidopterous pests of crucifers and their natural enemies in Pakistan. Pak. Entomol. 17(1
103. Irshad, M. 1995. To study the ecology of important stored grain pest. Annual report IPMI,
104.Irshad, M., Talpur, S. and Iqbal, J. 1996. Loss reduction in grain storage. 2nd Int. Cong. Ent.
Sci. Islamabad. March 19-21, 1996, p 56.
105.Irshad, M., Iqbal, J. and Talpur S. 1996. Management of insecticide resistance in stored grain
pests. Crop Protection Conf. Peshawar, 20-22, April 1996. p. 55.
106. Irshad, M. 1996. Managing pesticide resistance in stored grain pests in Pakistan. Postharvest
107.Ahmad, M., Irshad, M. and Shahid, M., 1998. Loss assessment in stored wheat in three villages
of Gilgit. Pak. J. Zool. 30(1):41-46
108. Irshad, M.1999. Role of entomopathogens/nematodes in insect pest management. Pak. J. Biol.
Sci. 2 (2): 422-425.
109.Irshad, M.1999.Food Security through storage management. Business Recorder April, Karachi.
110. Irshad, M.1999.Pluging wheat losses . April, 4, The Nation Lahore/Islamabad.
111.Irshad, M.1999.Implicagtion and management of insecticide resistance in agricultural pests.
Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 2 (4): 1650-1654.
112.Irshad, M.1999.Disposal of waste pesticides and containers. Business Recorder July 11
113. Irshad, M.1999.Disposal of Pesticides June 6,The Nation Lahore/Islamabad.
114. Irshad, M.1999.Agricultural pests. Octrober 31,The Nation Lahore/Islamabad.
115.Irshad, M.1999.Prevention and losses during harvesting, threshing and storage ( In Urdu) 12
June, Din, Islamabad.
116.Irshad, M.1999. Integrated Pest Management of cereals during storage. Proceedings of the
workshop on Integrated Pest Management of Agricultural Pests of OIC member countries in Asia pp. 51-66.
117.Irshad, M.2001.Distribution, hosts and biotic potentials of coccinellids of Pakistan. Pak. J. Biol.
118.Irshad, M.2001. Aphids and their biological control. Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 4 (5) 537-541.
1.Qureshi, A., Mohyuddin, A.I. and Irshad, M.1999. Proceedings of the workshop on Integrated
Pest Management of Agricultural Pests of OIC member countries in Asia pp. 216 pp.
2.Rafi, A, Rafique M. and Irshad, M. 2001.Papiolonid butterflies of Pakistan.Awan Press,
Islamabad 33 pp.
3.Irshad, M., Ehsanul Haq, M. and Iqlal, J. 2001.Catalogue of insecticides of Agriculture
importance of Pakistan PARC. pp 38.
4.Irshad, M., Khan, A.A. and Haq, E. 2001 Establishement of Trichogramma mass rearuing
laboraories at Shah taj Sugar mill of Punjab. Integrated Pest Managemet Institute, National Agricultural Reserarch center, Islamabad pp13.
5.Irshad, M. Jillani, G and Rafi A. 2002. Integrated Pest Management in Pakistan. National
Agricutural Research Centre Isalmanbad pp21.
WEB SITE :
Butterflies of Pakistan. http://www.oocities.org /tgorw_se/index.html