Sergey (Sergeyevich) Prokofiev (b. April 23 [April 11, old style], 1891, Sontsovka, Ukraine, Russian Empire -- d. March 5, 1953, Moscow) was 20th century Russian (and Soviet) composer who wrote in a wide range of musical genres, including symphonies, concerti, film music, operas, ballets, and program pieces.
- Symphony No. 1 in D major, Op. 25, "Classical"
- Symphony No. 2 in D minor, Op. 40
- Symphony No. 3 in C minor, Op. 44
- Five Melodies for Violin and Piano, Op. 35 bis
- Violin Sonata No.1 in F minor, Op. 80
- Violin Sonata No.2 in D major, Op. 94a
- Sonata for Solo Violin in D major, Op. 115
QuotationsProkofiev's words on:
- Prokofiev Page, by Joshua Brandt Schiffman
- The Collected Works, by Lionel H Y Choi
- Selected Recordings, by Paul Geffen
- Folklore in Prokofiev
- The Prokofiev Archive
- Basic Repertoire List - Prokofiev
- Opus by Prokofiev
- Prokofiev: Music for Children
This page has been visited times since May 6, 1997.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to the GeoCities Home Page Vienna