Archaeology - the past speaking to the future
|Archaeology||Photo gallery||Added Recently||Humour|
|Links||Afrikaans||Writing and Recipes||Archive|
|Other sites||Fractals||Work in progress||Update Notification|
The Official Thulamela page
Welcome to this corner of CyberSpace. Thank you in advance for your effort and the time spend. If it wasn't worthwhile, take the dragon by the tail and flame me.
The mission: interesting information with a high signal-to-noise ratio in an easy accessible form that is both browser and thumbnail friendly.
- University of Pretoria, Jool MM - Students on the rampage for charity
- We have started a Tourist Information Centre - Visit us on Church Square
- The art of braaiing - an important part of food preparation during excavations (19990813)
So far only a few photos (19990418)
- Silent Lesson
- Update Notification
- Shaw, the Main Man of Bones
- Mapungubwe on the Farm Greefswald
- Start of the Virtual Tour
A behind the scenes look at the life and times of research done at Mapungubwe. Images combined with text will give you an idea of what goes on from the start to end of an excavation.
- Please take my poll
- South African Archaeological Resources
A collection of links to material containing references to Southern African Archaeology. If you have something which should be here, please let me know.
News on excavations in South Africa seen from my viewpoint. I will try and add images and commentary as they come available.
- The second report on the Krugersdorp Graveyard excavation.
- An old unmarked graveyard near Krugersdorp, 18 November 1996.
- Skeleton PIL56 - UP51: Pilanesberg Nature Reserve, 1996-11-3.
- The Thulamela story - Part 1: Kruger National Park, 1996-7-25
- The Second grave at Thulamela: Ruler? Kruger National Park, 1996-7-7
- Mapungubwe, site of the first gold found in South Africa.
- Photo gallery
I started photography as a hobby in 1979. Hobby, study and work converged. Some of the results are displayed in the gallery. This area will now be regularly updated and rotated.
- Photo gallery
- Image of the week - 1998-10-18
- Image of the week - 1998-10-10
- A note on the scanning of slides
- Writing and Recipes
- Afrikaanse area.
- Tweede verslag oor die Krugersdorp opgrawing.
- Fraktale Geometrie en Chaos Teorie: 'n Kort oorsig en verduideliking.
- 'n Ou ongemerkte begraafplaas naby Krugersdorp, 18 November 1996.
- Works in progress
Material on which I am busy working - opinions welcome
These are older material which are now only of historical value and are kept to maintain links. .
Links to other sites on the Web with a short description of some. I try to keep them of a high quality or highly relevant to the particular subject.
- Gateway to other sites designed and maintained by me
Maestro's Webspace Gateway
||© 1996 - 2000
All these pages were designed with HTML 3.2 compliance in mind making it accessible to ANY browser.
Thanks for looking in.
Please take my poll
Designed by a member of
Visit my next door neighbours at geoCities:
This page hosted by Get your own Free Home Page