Weirdest Laws in the World!
America and Canada first, as they have an overwhelming amount of weird laws!. Further down the page are the Irish and English laws and then the rest of the world. If you come across any not listed here, changes of laws or corrections, please inform me giving some evidence (e.g.: a link, a scanned picture or article etc.). And please don't plagiarise this work as some other unscrupulous folks are doing, with some of my other articles. I work hard for this site to entertain and spread the Gospel as well as show that real Christians have a sense of humour.
· It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
· Brewerton: Use of motor boats forbidden on city streets.
· It is forbidden to push a moose out of a plane in motion.
· It is against the law to look at a moose from an airplane.
· Fairbanks: No moose is allowed to have sex on city streets.
· Glendale: It is against the law for a car to back up.
· Mohave County: Anyone caught stealing a soap, must wash himself with it, until it's all used up.
· A man has a legal right to beat his wife, but only once a month.
· It's illegal to mispronounce the name of the state of Arkansas.
· Little Rock: Flirtation between the members of the opposite sex on the streets may result in a 30-day jail term....
· A woman cannot drive a car while she is dressed in a house-coat.
· It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.
· It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
· Belvedere: "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."
· Blythe: A person must own at least two cows before he is permitted to wear cowboy boots in public.
· Hollywood: It is illegal to drive more than 2000 sheep down Hollywood Boulevard simultaneously.
· L.A.: A man can legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap, preferably in advance.
· L.A.: You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
· L.A.: If robbing a bank, shooting at the teller with a water gun is prohibited.
· Oakland: Illegal to rob a birds nest from a public cemetery.
· Ventura County: Cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit.
· Denver: It is illegal to mistreat rats.
· Denver: it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbour
· Logan County: Illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she is asleep.
· Pueblo: Illegal to raise or permit a dandelion to grow within the city limits.
· Sterling: Unlawful to allow a pet cat to run loose without a taillight.
· You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
· Devon: it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset
· Hartford: Crossing the street walking on your hands is not allowed.
· Hartford: Illegal to educate dogs.
· Lowes Crossroads: It is a violation of the local law for any pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while either flying or waiting to board a plane.
District of Colombia
· It is unlawful for small boys to throw stones, at any time, at any place.
· Washington: The only acceptable sexual position is the missionary-style position. Any other sexual position is considered illegal.
· Illegal for single, divorced, or widowed women to parachute on Sunday afternoons.
· Rats are forbidden from leaving the ships docked in Tampa Bay.
· An elephants tied to a parking meter must pay a regular parking fee.
· Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, and some may the salon owner.
· Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
· Hunting and killing a dear while swimming is illegal.
· You're not allowed to break more than three dishes a day, or chip the edge off more than four cups and/or saucers.
· Miami: Illegal to go around imitating animals.
· Saratoga: Illegal to sing while wearing a bathing suit.
· It's unlawful for a barber to advertise his prices.
· It is a misdemeanour for any citizen to attend church worship on Sunday unless he is equipped with a rifle and it is loaded.
· Jonesboro: Forbidden to say "Oh, boy".
. It's against the law for a person to insert pennies in the ear
· Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
· Coeur d'Alene: If police officers suspect a couple is having sex inside a vehicle they must honk their horn three times, and wait two minutes before being allowed to approach the scene.
· Idaho Falls: Forbidden for anyone over the age of eighty-eight to ride a motorcycle.
· Wallace: Unlawful for anyone to sleep in a dog kennel.
· Women must address bachelors as master instead of mister.
· It is against the law to speak English in Illinois.
· Prohibited to drive a car without a steering wheel.
· Chicago: Eating in a place that is on fire is forbidden.
· Cicero: Humming on public streets on Sundays prohibited.
· Evanston: Unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire.
· Kenilworth: Roosters must be at least three hundred feet away from any residence if he wishes to crow.
. Hens that wish to cackle must be two hundred feet away from any residence.
· Oblong: It is a crime to make love while fishing or hunting on your wedding day.
· Urbana: No monster may enter the corporate limits.
· Zion: Illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animals kept as pets.
· Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
· Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theatre nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
· Elkhart: It is illegal for a barber to threaten to cut off a youngster's ears.
· No kiss may last more than five minutes.
· Aimes: A husband may not take more than three gulps of beer while lying in bed with his wife, or holding her hands.
· Ottumwa: "It is unlawful for any male person, within the corporate limits of the (city), to wink at any female person with whom he is unacquainted."
· Marshalltown, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants
· Wichita: A father cannot frighten his daughter's boyfriend with a gun.
· Natoma, it's against the law to practice knife-throwing at men wearing striped suits.
· It's against the law to annoy squirrels in Topeka
· "No female shall appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state unless she be escorted by at least two officers or unless she be armed with a club."
· An amendment to the above law: "The provisions of this statute shall not apply to females weighing less than 90 pounds nor exceeding 200 pounds, nor shall it apply to female horses."
· Forbidden to appear on the streets of any town or village in bathing dress without police protection.
· Transport of an ice cream cone in your pocket is prohibited.
· Anyone who has been drinking is sober until s/he "cannot hold onto the ground".
· Everyone must take a bath at least once a year.
· In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered 'simple assault' while biting someone with your false teeth is 'aggravated assault'.
· Rumford: Illegal to bite the landlord, no matter how much he deserves it.
· It is illegal to mistreat oysters.
· Baltimore: Illegal to wash or scrub sinks, no matter how dirty they get.
· Baltimore: Illegal to throw bales of hay from a second-story window within the city limits.
· Baltimore: Illegal to take a lion to the movies.
· Halethrope: Illegal to kiss for more than one second.
· Christmas was outlawed in 1659.
· It is forbidden to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
· It is unlawful to deliver diapers on Sunday, regardless of emergencies.
· All dogs required to have their hind legs tied during the month of April.
· Cooling one's feet by hanging them out the window is forbidden.
· Law declares that peanuts may not be eaten in court.
· Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
· Snoring is illegal unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
· Goatees are illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
· Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.
· Boston: Illegal to take a bath unless one has been ordered by a physician to do so.
· Brockton: Any person need a license before they are permitted to enter a sewer.
· Fitchburg: Barbers are not allowed to carry combs in back of their ears.
· Holyoke: It is unlawful to water your lawn when it is raining.
· Salem: Even married couples are forbidden from sleeping nude in rented rooms.
· Southbridge: Illegal to read books or newspapers after 8 p.m. in the streets.
· A woman's hair legally belongs to her husband, consequently she's not allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
· If any man kisses his wife on Sunday, the party at fault shall be punished at the discretion of the court.
· Detroit: Couples are not allowed to make love in an automobile unless the act takes place while the vehicle is parked on the couple's own property.
· Rochester: Anyone bathing in public must have his or her bathing suit inspected by a police officer.
· Alexandria: Illegal for a husband to make love to his wife if his breath smells like garlic, onions, or sardines. The wife can by law force her husband to brush her teeth.
· Blue Earth: Law declares that no child under the age of twelve may talk over the telephone unless accompanies by a parent.
· Kansas City: Minors are not allowed to purchase cap pistols; they can, however, buy shotguns freely.
· Merryville: Women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "The privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."
· St. Louis: Illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket.
· Bozeman: You can't perform any sexual acts in the front yard of any home, after sundown, and if you are nude (socks is OK).
· Helena: A woman cannot dance on a saloon table unless her clothing weights more than three pounds, two ounces.
· A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church service.
· A motorist approaching a horse at night must send up warning red rockets and Roman candles, throw a scenic tarpaulin over his car to conceal it from the horse, and take his machine apart and hide the parts in the grass it the tarpaulin doesn't soothe the horse.
· Hastings: Hotel owners are required by law to provide a clean, white cotton nightshirt to each guest. According to the law, no couple may have sex unless they are wearing the nightshirts.
· Omaha: It is against the law for a barber to shave a man's chest.
· It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
· Sex without a condom is considered illegal.
· Eureka: Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
· It is against the law to tap your feet, nod your head or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant or cafe.
· Cresskill: Cats must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
· Liberty Corner: Any couple making out inside a vehicle, and accidentally sounding the horn during their lustful act, may be taken to jail.
· Trenton: Unlawful to throw any tainted pickles in the streets (good pickles, however).
· Carlsbad: During lunch breaks no couple should engage in a sexual act while parked in their vehicle, unless their car has curtains.
· Carrizozo: It is forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (includes legs and face).
· Albany: Disallowed to play golf in the streets.
· Carmel: A man cannot go outside wearing unmatching jacket and pants.
· Greene: Illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalk during a concert.
· NYC: Illegal for a man to turn around and look "at a woman in that way", and violators are forced to wear horse blinders.
· Rochester: Firemen must wear ties while on duty.
· It's against the law in New York City to open or close an umbrella in the presence of a horse.
· It is illegal to take a dear swimming in water above its knees.
· Asheville: You can't sneeze on the streets.
· Barber: Cats and dogs are not allowed to fight.
· Thomasville: No airplanes are allowed to fly over the town on Sundays during the hours between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
· Winston-Salem: It is against the law for children under seven years of age to go to college.
· Beer and pretzels cannot be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.
· Illegal to go to bed wearing boots or shoes.
· Berea: Any animal that is out after dark must have a tail light.
· Cleveland: Women are not allowed to wear patent-leather shoes.
· Cleveland: Operating a motor vehicle while sitting in another person's lap is forbidden.
· Oxford: Illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man's picture.
· Paulding: A policeperson may bite a dog to quiet him.
· Portsmouth: The law ranks baseball players with "vagrants, thieves and other suspicious characters."
· Youngstown: Running out of gas is illegal.
· If you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.
· Criminals can be fined, arrested or jailed for making faces at a dog.
· Whale hunting is strictly forbidden throughout the entire state.
· Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
· Dogs need a mayor-signed permit to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
· Clinton: Masturbating while watching two people having sex in a car is forbidden.
· Tulsa: Kisses lasting more than three minutes are forbidden.
· Tulsa: Against the law to open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.
· A dead person cannot be required to serve on a jury.
· Use of canned corn in fishing is illegal.
· Hood River: You can't juggle without a license.
· Willowdale: No man may curse while having sex with his wife.
· "Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."
· Housewives may not hide dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
· No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
· Danville: All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
· Harrisburg: Illegal to have sex with a truck driver inside a toll booth.
· York: You can't sit down while watering your lawn with a hose.
· Newport: Illegal to smoke a pipe after sunset.
· Province: Illegal to sell toothpaste and toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday.
· Fountain Inn: Horses were once required to wear pants at all times.
· Sioux Falls: Hotels are required by law to furnish their rooms with twin beds only. There should be a minimum of two feet between the beds, and it is illegal for a couple to make love on the floor between the beds.
· It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
· It is illegal to drive a car while sleeping.
· You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
· Dyersburg: Illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
· Memphis: Illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists if the vehicle is going over 5 mph".
· Oneida: Forbidden to sing the song "It Ain't Goin' To Rain No Mo'".
· Criminals are required to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
· Illegal to raise alligators in your home.
· When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
· You need a five-dollar permit to go barefoot.
· Kingsville: Two pigs cannot have sex on the city's airport property.
· Lefors: Illegal to take more than three swallows of beer at any time while standing.
· San Antonio: Illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.
· Birds have the right of way on all highways.
· A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
· Utah state legislation outlaws all sex with anyone but your spouse.
· Adultery, oral and anal sex, masturbation are considered sodomy and can lead to imprisonment.
· Sex with an animal - unless performed for profit - however is NOT considered sodomy.
· Polygamy - provided only the missionary position has been applied - is only a misdemeanour.
· Tremonton: No woman is allowed to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance. In addition to normal charges, the woman's name will be published in the local newspaper. The man does not receive any punishment.
· Trout Creek: Pharmacists may not sell gun powder as a headache cure.
. Preaching or sharing (discussing) the Christian Gospel in Temple Sq Salt Lake City is illegal
· It is obligatory for everyone to take at least one bath each week, on Saturday night.
· Rutland: Cars are forbidden from backfiring.
· The statute of The Virginia Code: "To prohibit corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than candidates."
· Norfolk: No woman may go in public without wearing a corset.
· Norton : It's against the law to tickle a girl.
· All lollipops are forbidden.
· Having sex with a virgin is illegal under any circumstances (including the wedding night).
· "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."
· Seattle: Goldfish can ride the city buses in bowls only if they kept still.
· Seattle: You may not carry a concealed weapon that is longer than six feet.
· Wilbur: Illegal to ride upon the streets on an ugly horse.
· Children may not attend school if their breath's smelling "wild onions".
· Peewee: It is illegal to let your horse fall asleep in the airport.
· Connersville: No man shall shoot of a gun while his female partner is having a sexual orgasm.
· Racine: Illegal to wake a fireman when he is asleep.
· Newcastle: Couples are banned from having sex while standing inside a store's walk-in meat freezer.
(With apologies to all our Canadian Brothers and Sisters, especially friends in Chatham and Guelph (You too Stephen!)
· 30% of a radio stations content must be "Canadian Content"
· You may not pay for a fifty-cent item with only pennies.
· Citizens may not publicly remove bandages.
· It is illegal for clear or non-dark sodas to contain caffeine.
Alberta Provincial Laws
· Businesses must provide rails for tying up horses.
· Wooden logs may not be painted.
· It is illegal to set fire to the wooden leg of a wooden legged man
· You may never use dice to play craps.
· If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of town.
British Columbia Provincial Laws
· It is illegal to kill a sasquatch.
New Brunswick Provincial Laws
· Driving on the roads is not allowed.
Nova Scotia Provincial Laws
· When raining, a person may not water his/her lawn.
Ontario Provincial Laws
· The speed limit is 80 kph for cars, but bicyclists have the right of way.
· Bylaw states that no more than 3.5 inches of water is allowed in a bathtub.
· If you have a water trough in your front yard it must be filled by 5:00 a.m.
· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks.
· The city is classified as a no-pee zone.
· The colour of house and garage doors is regulated by city bylaws (a purple door get you a fine). It is also illegal to have a clothes line in your backyard.
· You can't work on your car in the street.
· It's illegal to climb trees.
· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks. If sidewalks is not cleaned within 24 hours after a snowfall, city workers will clean it and the cost will be placed on the homeowners tax bill.
· It is illegal to eat ice-cream on Bank Street on a Sunday.
· You can't drag a dead horse down Yonge St. on a Sunday.
· Residents are not allowed to have an Internet connection faster than 56k.
· You may not paint a ladder as it will be slippery when wet.
· It is illegal to show public affection on Sunday.
Quebec Provincial Laws
· It is illegal to turn right on a red light at any time.
· All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French. If the business operator wishes to have English on the sign, the French must be at least twice as large as the English is. There are no laws governing the usage of other languages on signs. -Bill 101 (Passed 1976)
· No language other than French is permitted to be shown out doors.
· It is considered an offence to have more than two colours of paint on your house.
· You may not own a log cabin.
· The Queen Elizabeth Hotel must feed your horse freely when you rent a room.
· You may not wash your car in the street.
· You may not park a car in such a way that it is blocking your own driveway.
· "For Sale" signs are not permitted in the windows of moving vehicles.
· Cars parked in public places must be locked, and their windows must be down to less than the width of a hand.
· One's rear license plate may not be protected by glass or plastic.
· You may not swear in French.
· Citizens may not relieve themselves or spit on the street. Punishable by a fine of over 100 Canadian dollars.
· Not only do all exterior painting jobs require a permit (for colour) but, for instance, the City went to Appeals Court over the exact type of division inside a window frame.
Even Ireland has some weird laws!:
It is illegal for a student to walk through Trinity College without a sword.
In Trinity college students can demand a glass of wine at any time during an exam, provided they are wearing their sword.
It is illegal to smoke any form of tobacco on Grafton St. in Dublin
Practicing or pretending to practice any form of witchcraft or occult arts (that includes horoscopes, tarot cards, crystal ball reading, palmistry, reading tea leaves, iridology, divination etc). This also includes healing by occult means (that would include Reki, energy balancing, acupuncture or acupressure, yoga and many other new age pseudo scientific methods which have their roots in eastern religions) is punishable by being locked in the stocks of outside of Dublin Castle (roughly around the Temple Bar area) for 6 months and rotten fruit can be pelted at the culprit. (anyone want to rat out fabulous Fergus or the operators on the tarot line who's advert is shown on TV all the time!)
England has some pretty dangerous laws too!
· With the exception of carrots, most goods may not be sold on Sunday.
· All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.
· London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.
· It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).
· It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.
· A Chelsea Pensioner may not be impersonated.
· A bed may not be hung out of a window.
· It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.
· Mince pies are not to be eaten on Christmas Day.
· Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
· It is illegal to leave baggage unattended.
· Picking up abandoned baggage is an act of terrorism.
· It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour.
· If a steam locomotive is driven on roads, a man must walk in front of the vehicle with a red flag during the day and a red lantern at night to warn passers-by.
· All steam locomotives are limited to 4mph on roads.
· You may not make out in public.
· It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
· Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime.
· Interfering with the mail or sleeping with the consort of the Queen is classed as treason, and as such, carries a maximum penalty of death.
· Placing a postage stamp that bears the Queen (or King) upside down is considered treason.
. Freemen (or women) of the city of London (Those who have had the honour of the freedom of the city bestowed upon them) have the right to heard their cattle over any of London's bridges at any time)
· You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.
· You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.
· It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store, or in a bank if handling foreign currency.
· Companies may vote in local elections.
· Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow
You may not fish on Sundays.
It is illegal to be a drunk in possession of a cow.
Trespassing on someone else's land is legal.
You are presumed guilty until proven innocent for some crimes.
If someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
· A life sentence is 200 years.
· Children may not purchase cigarettes, condoms or alcohol, but they may use them.
· You may never leave your car keys in the door of an unattended vehicle.
· It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
· It is illegal to dress up as batman
· It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.
· Under Australian Communications Authority (ACA) regulations, a modem can't pick up on the first ring. If it does the, ACA permit for your modem is invalid and there's a $12,000 fine. -Telecommunications Act 1991.
· Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.
· Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.
· The legal age for straight sex is 16, unless the person is in the care/custody of the older person, in which case it is 18.
· Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb. The fine for not abiding by this law is 10 pounds.
· It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.
· You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.
· Until the Port Arthur Killings it was legal to own an AK-47 but not legal to be gay
A driver who needs to turn through oncoming traffic has the right of way unless he slows down or stops.
In Antwerp it is illegal to wear a red hat and walk down the main street (Het Meyer)
· You may only have one child, or you will have to pay a fine.
· To go to college you must be intelligent.
· Drivers of power-driven vehicles who stop at pedestrian crossings are liable to a fine of up to five yen, or a warning. -Article 40 of the Beijing Traffic Laws.
· Before starting your car you are required to check lights, brakes, steering and honk your horn. Try that at 4:00am!) You also need to make a visual check to make sure there are no children underneath the car.
· If your vehicle stalls and you leave it on the side of the road, you must mark the vehicle with a red, reflecting triangle. This equipment is only mandatory when the car stalls, not at any other times, however.
· If a horse drawn carriage is trying to pass a car and the horse becomes uneasy, the owner of the car is required to pull over and if necessary, cover the car.
· Attempt to escape from prison is not illegal, however, if one he is caught he is required to serve out the remainder of his term.
· No one may start a car while someone is underneath the vehicle.
· Encrypting data files, owning, distributing etc. of encryption programs and creating such programs for any electronic medias is now against the law in Denmark due to fear for terrorists, left and right wing extremist, fundamentalists and distributors of illegal pornography.
· Headlights must be on whenever a vehicle is being operated in order to distinguish it from parked cars.
· When driving, you must have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn horse drawn carriages that a motorcar is coming.
· Any carport added to a building increases the value of the building by 15.5 times the cost of building the addition.
· There is a penalty of 20kr for not reporting when a person has died.
· Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.
· It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
· No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.
· It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background
· Every office must have a view of the sky, however small.
· It is illegal to wear a mask.
· A pillow can be considered a "passive" weapon.
· Bicycles may not ridden without a license.
· Raising a pig on Israeli soil will result in the murder of said pig.
· Picking your nose on Saturday is forbidden.
· If you have been maintaining an illegal radio station for five or more years, the station becomes legal.
· It is illegal for a chicken to lay an egg on a Friday or Saturday
· It is against the law to feed animals in public places.
· It is considered an offence to operate a mobile spay/neuter clinic - it is considered peddling.
· It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.
· No loud voices or big lights are allowed during weekends.
· The raising of Rotweiler dogs is prohibited.
It is illegal to practice the profession of being a fraud.
A man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.
Striking someone with a fist is considered a felony
Pinching a girl's bottom is not illegal
There is no age of consent
· Women who work for the government of the city of Guadalajara, may not wear miniskirts or any other "provocative" garment during office hours.
· It is illegal to shout offensive words in any public place.
· Any kind of nude artistic display is illegal.
Anyone in company with someone who possesses narcotics, even if they are unaware that their companion has them, can be tried for the same crime.
It is legal to smoke pot, buy it, or have less than 5 grams with you.
Prostitution is legal but the prostitutes must pay taxes like any other business.
You may not spay your female dog or cat. However, you may neuter the males of the species
It is illegal to kiss a stranger.
A woman may not drive a car.
It is considered an offence if a woman appears in public, unless accompanied by a male relative or guardian
It is illegal to engage in any religious practice other than Islam.
Male doctors may not examine women, and women doctors cannot examine men.
Women may not become doctors.
It is illegal to import any books featuring Christian symbols such as a cross.
From Jiddah to Riyadh there are two highways: one for Muslims, another for "infidels". If a Muslim is accompanied by an "infidel", both are required to use the highway for infidels.
· Chewing bubblegum (or any food) on the subway (the M.R.T.) may result in fines and/or jail time.
· The sale of bubblegum is prohibited.
· Homosexuals are not allowed to live in the country.
· Oral sex is illegal unless it is used as a form of foreplay.
· Pornography is illegal.
· As it is considered pornographic, you may not walk around your home nude.
· Failure to flush a public toilet after use may result in very hefty fines.
· It is considered an offence to enter the country with cigarettes.
· Cigarettes are illegal at all public places.
· It is illegal to come within 50 meters of a pedestrian crossing the street.
· If you are convicted of littering three times, you will have to clean the streets on Sundays with a bib on saying,” I am a litterer." This will then be broadcasted on the local news.
· It is illegal to pee in an elevator.
· It is illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to someone about Jesus. (and I went to a Theological seminary to study pastoral counselling and teach the Bible there too!)
Traffic police are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists.
All dogs sold for consumption (eating) must have a government approved tattoo
The eating of stray cats is illegal.
· Clothes may not be hung to dry on Sunday.
· You may not wash your car on a Sunday.
· It is considered an offence to mow your lawn on a Sunday, because it causes too much noise.
· It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 P.M. if you live in an apartment.
· A man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 P.M.
· Though it is illegal to produce, store, sell and trade absinth (special alcohol), it is legal to consume it.
· It is required that every car with snow tires has to have a sticker on its dashboard which tells that the driver should not drive faster than 160 km/h with these tires.
· The highest speed allowed on national freeways is 120 km/h.
· If you forget you car-keys inside the car and you leave the car open, you will be punished.
· It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
· You must wear a shirt while driving a car.
· You must pay a fine of $600 in Thailand if you're caught throwing away chewed bubble gum on the sidewalk. If you do not pay the fine, you are jailed.
· No one may step on any of the nation's currency.
It certainly is a weird weird world we live in!
Return to Shaun Aisbitt's Web Page
Return to Shaun Aisbitt's Christian Humour Page Shaun Aisbitt's Christian Fun Page