The Battles of Cynthiana
Last Updated: 22 December 2008
REGISTRATION FEES 'cause unlike this site - some services aren't free!!!!
***Registration for the 2009 year is FREE!***
- REGISTER IN ADVANCE PAY ONLY $3
- WALKINS $5
- Hay and straw.
Three meals A Saturday Evening dinner & Sunday Morning breakfast will be available for a nominal fee
Battle of Cynthiana Reenactor Rules - Revised 8 Dec 03 ...revised to keep idiots from riding a horse while intoxicated.
- No vehicles in camp after 9:00 a.m. Saturday except for a brief unloading visit.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- All participants under the age of 16 are required to have their parent's signature on the Liability Release.
- Liability Releases must be signed before establishing residence in the camps.
- Trash must be disposed of properly.
- Anyone deemed by the committee to be acting in an unsafe manner at any time will be required to to leave the premises.
- Property damage or vandalism will result in prosecution.
- No cutting of trees or other vegetation-firewood will be provided.
- Parking is in designated areas only.
- Children under 14 years of age must remain in camp or under direct adult supervision at all times.
- No modern camping.
- Company commanders are required to inspect all troops prior to participation in the battle.
- The Battle of Cynthiana Committee has the authority to ask any person not in compliance with the above rules to leave the premises.
- Registration will be manned from Thursday night thru Sunday
- Everyone will stop to sign a liability release & registration form and pay the registration fee.
- All vehicles will be parked in a designated area. No vehicles will be allowed to enter camp after 9am Saturday, except for reenactor/supply drop offs.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Anyone found in posessesion will be removed from the camp.
- Horseback riding AFTER DARK and OFF DESIGNATED AREA WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- Coggins and Health papers must be presented when requested for any equine on property
- Anyone caught arguing or back talking provost marshalls will be asked to leave the premises. NO QUESTIONS ASKED
- Period firearms only. Modern firearms entering the event property will not be tolerated.
- Any and all safety measures will be followed to the letter.
- Only those 16 and older may carry or use weapons.
- Only those 14 and over are allowed on the battle field.
- All camps appearances must be consistent with the Civil War period. No modern amenities.
- All fires will be extinguished and all fire pits refilled at the end of the event.
- No firing of weapons in camp
- Bayonets will not be removed from scabbards.
- Ramrods will not be used during an firing activities.
- All persons on the battlefield MUST be in an authentic period impression
- Full-scale artillery pieces only allowed in battle recreations.
If your Unit wishes to register for this event, please contact: