DANNEVIRKE HERITAGE PROJECT
Dannevirke Gallery of History, New Zealand
- This project was to encourage individuals and groups to make use of the resources of the Gallery of History and elsewhere, (e.g. the Library), to create a project, using one or more forms of media, about an aspect of local Dannevirke history.
- The individual projects were completed in 2002 and were to be available for public display.
- It was hoped that projects would feature a wide variety of Dannevirke historical topics such as: streets, businesses, community groups, schools, hospitals, Maraes, sports codes, transport, flora, fauna, clothing, library, pa sites, local government politicians, Rangatira, unusual events, A&P shows, inventions, dentistry, mayors, etc.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Projects are presented in one of three forms:
The Project co-ordinator was June Simpson.
- In an A4 clearfile book - 20, 40 or 60 page (and also on computer floppy disk if possible).
- As a one square metre model.
- On one or more video or audio cassette tapes.
- A copy of each project was to be lodged at the Dannevirke Gallery of History, for research purposes.
- It was hoped that projects would be on public display together, for a period of time.
- There was no charge to enter a project.
Our History |
Progress Report |
Station Street before 1917 |
Photo of an early coach |
Photo of the Danish Royal visit