| On Thursday, June 17, 1999, 180 U.S.
Representatives voted opposing
the display of the Ten Commandments in schools. By voting negatively, these
Rep's voted FOR the status quo and the following ten commandments
permitted and promoted by many schools:
1. Thou shalt have no other god but
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any Creation-teaching
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God into school,
the form of expletives.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it from being ruined by
5. Report thy father and thy mother after they discipline you
that their days
may be long in the penitentiary.
6. Thou shalt not kill with guns but with needles, saline solution,
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery unless you have an artful
8. Thou shalt not steal thy neighbor homosexual's special
9. Thou shalt not bear false (or true) witness against the
it is thy savior.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's virginity.
The Commandments are opposed because "by
the law is the knowledge
of sin"(Romans 3:20), and because "the law was our schoolmaster to bring
us to Christ"(Galations 3:24). How soon we have forgotten that
Commandment-keeping students were the ones who faced(not fired) the
guns at Colorado and Kentucky!
Let's stop trying to control God, and we won't
need to worry about
controlling guns. We must start probing the NEA instead of pummeling
the NRA, or we will only encourage more carbines at our Columbines.
Rev. Gabriel J. Morley
June 17, 1999