Gary Scott's Page
Pluralitas non est ponenda sin necessitate - William of Occam
- ZPORT - An I/O Port Language for the Z8 Microprocessor
- ZRT - A Real-Time Operating System for the Zilog Z8 Microcontroller
- Daily compound interest calculation with arbitrary deposits/withdrawals.
- How to display math formulae in Internet Explorer.
- Conditional probability. Or how to fool some of the people some of the time.
- The $99 electronically controlled water valve.
- Travels in the Sceptred Isle.
- Some differences between the US and UK.
- Original and not so original quotes.
Other people's sites
- Everything you wanted to know about wavelets. By Amara Graps.
- The C++ Standard Template Library, STL. By Nicolai Josuttis.
- The founder of Autodesk. John Walker's web log
- One of the best books on Digital Signal Processing. By Steve Smith.
- A great book on Computer Networks. By Andrew S. Tanenbaum.
- Everything you want to know about C++. By Bruce Eckel.
- Some quotes from the British and American Humanist Associations.
- There are lots of wonderful Scottish Country dances but this is my favourite. Written by a wonderful dancer, instructor and friend.
- My first instructor.
Translation of obscure Latin quotes above
- Pluralitas non est ponenda sin necessitate - "Don't posit more than is necessary." or "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler."
Last modified: April2007