HTML Development Portfolio:
Link directs you to the course sponsor.
This course is currently being sold to medical practitioners and cannot be accessed by the general public. Screen
shots for portions of these courses are available upon request.
Link directs you to the main portal for this project. These pages are currently going through certification and
will be online soon.
Operations Product Specialist
(August 2006 - Present)
- Gather functional requirements from customer groups so software development can proceed and identify iteration timeframes
- Develop and maintain all requirements and make available to both customer and development players
- Coordinate meetings to review development progress and identify requirement updates
- Create HTML templates that illustrate page layout and interface
- Create cascading style sheets for all application screens and ensure consistent user interface and flow from screen to screen
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
(November 2003 - August 2006)
- Collaborate with Information Architects and develop front-end for all web pages in assigned projects, including the Church Identity Management System, Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders, and the IMS Administration Module.
- User Interface development completed using HTML, DHTML, XML, Tapestry, and Java
- Assist in wireframe and graphic design using Visio and Adobe Photoshop.
- Identify and gather requirements for Identity Management System and the IMS Administration Module. Meet with customers to identify needs and requirements, organize and document to assist developers in coding requirements.
- Write, organize, and maintain all project documentation in Confluence repository.
- Enter, assign, and maintain defects tracked in JIRA defect management tool.
Freelance Software Engineer
(November 2003 - Present)
- Provide HTML development skills for various companies based on individual customer needs.
- Provide graphic design skills in creating and modifying desired photos and images to be used online
Course Developer, Quality Assurance Lead
Clearstone Health, Industrial Training Zone, Learning Optics
(April 2000 - October 2003)
- Develop online courses for medical device manufacturers and independent authors. Users taking courses received approves CE credits.
- Direct production of written content, graphic images, audio, and video components of online courses.
- Oversee the organization and development and execution of quality assurance processes in all aspects of software development.
- Design, write, and automate test scripts for web-based applications (using Rational TestStudio).
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with other test engineers, developers, project managers, and senior management
Quality Assurance Manager
(November 1999 - April 2000)
- Oversee the organization and development of quality assurance processes in all aspects of software development.
- Design, write, and automate test scripts for windows and web-based applications (using Segue SilkTest).
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with other test engineers, developers, project managers, and senior management.
- Present testing strategies and techniques, and otherwise participate in, local user group meetings and conferences.
- Attend off-site seminars and training classes, increasing knowledge of testing techniques and quality assurance skills
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University Office of Administrative Information Technology Services
(March 1998 - November 1999)
- Design, create, and execute automated scripts using Rational TestStudio 7.1 for a variety of applications used by the University of Illinois.
- Manage product defects, and verify and validate fixed defects.
- Maintain productive relationships with other test engineers, developers, project managers, and upper management.
- Present testing strategies and techniques at frequent SQA User Group meetings and conferences.
- Attend off-site seminars, increasing knowledge of testing techniques and quality assurance skills.
- Serve as VP Memberships and Webmaster for the ChicagoLand SQA Suite User Group web site.
Conservation Through Innovation Limited
(July 1996 - January 1998)
- Designed, created, and executed automated scripts using SQA Suite (more than 3,000 test cases), which performed a basic regression test on entire product.
- Implemented and executed manual test procedures used on the Windows 95, Windows NT, and Unix platforms.
- Reported and maintained product defects, verified fixed defects, and prioritized outstanding defects.
- Created and maintained test procedure documentation on company Intranet (over 800 HTML pages).
- Spoke at the 1997 Rational ASQ International User Conference regarding the organization of a test department using the Internet.
(July 1995 - July 1996)
- Directed the start-up of the QA/Testing department.
- Managed and maintained product defect database, and monitored the entering, fixing, and verifying of product defects.
- Initiated evaluation of automation test tools and made recommendations to management.
- Wrote, executed, and maintained test plans for both automated and manual testing.
- Interfaced with management and development, and participated in product direction and decisions.
- Tested and edited all software documentation.
- Gave final approval for new product releases
System Administrator/Business Writer
(October 1994 - July 1995)
- Purchased and upgraded computer hardware, install software, and maintain company network.
- Wrote and edited draft Position Profiles, Reference Reports, Interview Evaluations, and prepared written correspondence when submitting clients and candidates for employment.
- Created and organized resumes for potential candidates.
Software Quality Tester
WordPerfect Corporation, Novell, Inc.
(March 1993 - September 1994)
- Creatively and effectively tested assigned features in Novell GroupWise (WordPerfect Office), and recorded product defects in defect database.
- Wrote and executed test scripts using MSTest 2.0 and C using an in-house API, significantly increasing productivity.
- Reviewed all online documentation and user manuals, and ensured completeness and technical accuracy.
- Wrote all Release Notes and Software Change Notices for assigned products.
Laser Printer Operator
(August 1990 - March 1993)
- Created and printed Certificates of License for domestic and international products, ensuring quality prints and correct grammar.
- Interfaced with WordPerfect Publications department, making sure artwork was received, converted, edited, and quality-approved for shipment.
- Created monthly charts to track production results.
- Met strict deadlines under considerable pressure.