Here is an explanation of the school homework policy:
Students should not spend more than 90 minutes per night. This time should
be budgeted in the following manner:
- 15 minutes looking for assignment
- 11 minutes calling a friend for the assignment
- 23 minutes explaining why the teacher is mean and just does not like children
- 8 minutes in the bathroom
- 10 minutes getting a snack
- 7 minutes checking the TV Guide
- 6 minutes telling parents that the teacher never explained the assignment
- 10 minutes sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Mom or Dad to do the assignment
LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS
These are given the night before they are due. This explains the name "long
term". It is a long term commitment to time that begins at 9:30PM and ends
at 11:50PM - or later. It is important that the whole family is involved in
the project. It is imperative that at least one family member races to
Walmart/KMart for posterboard, and that at least one family member ends up
in tears (does not have to be the student).
One parent needs to stay up and complete the project. The other parent
needs to call the school and leave a message that the student is out sick.
It is not necessary to have the student's name on the assignment.