McKIMMEY LAW OFFICE is one of the leading small law firms in the Shawnee, Oklahoma area, with a Statewide practice in all State and Federal Courts.
McKIMMEY LAW OFFICE is a general practice law firm. Our expertise includes Probate, Wills, Trusts, Real Estate, and Governmental Tort Claims, including Civil Rights litigation involving the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments.
Our Internet Services Department offers several limited services to people who do not feel they need legal advice or consultation with an attorney - but do want properly completed forms, instruments and documents.
The Technology of the Internet offers a means of providing a quick and inexpensive means of preparation of documents and instruments you need which comply with the laws of the state of Oklahoma.
We do not purport to be experts in the laws of all 50 states, nor do we offer to prepare any forms or documents for use in any state except the State of Oklahoma.
The Law provides that an individual may appear Pro Se ( for yourself, without an attorney ) in many Court Proceedings.
- It is not recommended and your interest is best served by having an attorney with you in Court.
Appearing in Court Without an Attorney is much like being up a creek without a paddle!
See - Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
See - What do I Do If I Get Sued?
Most Courts prefer you have an attorney, but if you feel that you do not want an attorney, but need help in preparing a limited number of Court documents we do provide limited services.
Services Now Offered
- Amortization Schedule
- Corporation - Preparing Certificate of Incorporation
- Deed Preparation
- Divorce - Waiver Set
- Governmental Tort Claim
- Joint Tenancy Termination Affidavit
- Name Change
- Power of Attorney
- Power of Attorney for Care of Minor
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Promissory Note
- Release of Judgment
- Release of Mortgage
- Vacate Divorce Decree
This is basically a Typing Service!
If you need another form or document let us know - See our Office Schedule of Fees and Services
These Services do not include Attorney Representation on any matter.
These Services do not include Attorney Advice on the use of any of the forms prepared.
These Services include only the preparation of the Documents and Pleadings by non-lawyer staff.
Oklahoma Residents Only
Although we do not prepare Wills On-Line, We do Welcome Your Questions concerning the drafting of your Last Will & Testament.
Many Times we are able to get all of the information on the phone or by E-Mail which may be necessary for us to prepare a first draft for your approval.
If You would Like to receive a Simple Form which you may fill out which provides the basic information for preparation of your Will - Click Here and request Will Check-List.
We Will Send the Form written in Word Perfect 6.1 as an attachment to our Response to Your Request.
All Pleadings must be filed by you, in your own name - not that of any attorney.
You will be responsible for:
- Filing all Pleadings with the appropriate Court
- Payment of all costs and fees
- All service of Process.
- Mailing of all notices.
- Obtaining Judge's signature on any pleadings requiring his signature.
- Setting any Hearing Dates required.
- Payment of all costs as required.
- Receiving all Notices directly from the Court.
- Responding to all Notices Received from the Court.
- Receiving all Notices from any attorneys associated in the case.
- Responding to all Notices from any attorneys associated in the case.You will also be required to prepare and file all subsequent documents or pleadings required - and you must arrange for, and personally attend All Court Appearances.
Filing Fees - Schedule What the Court Clerk Will Charge You to File
Non Court Documents & Instruments
- You will be responsible for obtaining all signatures necessary on any document
- You will be responsible for having documents notarized where such notarization is required.
- You will be responsible for having documents filed or recorded in the appropriate offices.
- You will be responsible for paying all costs, fees, taxes or other expenses required to accomplish the purpose of the document or instrument. i.e., recording cost of deeds, plus the costs of documentary stamps.
Before getting involved in litigation without an attorney you should take advantage of an initial consultation offerred by any attorney of your choosing!
See - FAQ - Why are Legal Costs So Expensive?
See - Schedule of Fees & Services
- Never attempt to represent yourself if the other side has an attorney - or is likely to have one.
Although you may feel confident to handle your own lawsuit at the beginning - Once an attorney enters an appearance on the other side, you need to retain an attorney to represent you from that point to the conclusion of the matter.
McKimmey Law Office, P.C. Wills - Probate - Real Estate - Civil Rights Pre-Nuptial Agreements - Common Law Marriage