Born on November 2, 1922 as Miranda Davis. She had a short childhood in comparison to other kids in her neighborhood. The earliest recollection of her life is her farmhouse in Wyandotte, Michigan. She was 8 years old, when one night her house caught on fire. Her mother and father perished in the flames. By the time anyone from surrounding properties arrived to help, the house was already completely engulfed in flames. Little Miranda was drug away from her spot in front of the house, where she had stood, apparently in shock, staring at the burning house. It was later discovered once the police had questioned the girl, that she had been the one to start the fire. She admitted to have been playing with matches in her room when her bed spread caught on fire, she paniced and ran out into the field and hid. Then when she came back, the house was engulfed, and that is where her neighbors found her. She showed little remorse.

     With no next of kin willing to take her after hearing what happened, and with her having shown her destructive behavior, she was placed in an adolescent psychiatric center for treatment. There she remained for many years, as adoptions were uncommon back then, especially for older, destructive children.
The Child
    When she was 16, she was finally released to her grandmother, who after all the years passed, was finally able to forgive her son's death. Her grandmother lived in Lincoln Park. She insisted that Miranda go to school, hoping it would help her adjust to society. From being in Northville the past 8 years, Miranda often spoke in mumbled sentences, making little sense, and was prone to acting out. Behaving in a wild manner, always hyper.

     Soon the teachers at the high school asked her grandmother to keep Miranda at home as she was always disrupting class and causing a commotion. So she did and tried to teach Miranda at home. But it was too much for the old woman to bear, and when Miranda turned 19, she was forced to move out of her grandmother's home.