|SFS started on 9th December, 1999 and is a Dubai based voluntary, non-commercial group now comprising 100 families having special needs children & volunteers from all over the Gulf. Its AIMS are :
A : Spreading Awareness about "special needs" in society.
I : Information dissemination to group members about various disabilities.
M : Mainstreaming children with special needs with other children.
S : Provide physical and emotional Support to member families.
MAIN ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
1. SFS monthly meetings focus on coping strategies & behavioural problems. Recent research in the field of special needs is highlighted by bringing in Doctors & other specialists in a particular area of interest at every meeting.
2. Organise socially integrating events such as the Millennium party, picnics, dinners, movies and talent shows.
3. Structured volunteer programme wherein volunteers are specifically trained by professionals and are subsequently placed with families to work with the child on an enriched intervention programme.
4. Periodic use of entertainment areas in prominent shopping malls exclusively for the special needs children.
5. Catering to the medical needs of the special families by liaising with professionals and providing information to the members about doctors who are willing to offer discounted facilities to such families. Tie up with Emirates Airlines ( Free Mec Card ).
6. Organising Camps - like the one held last Summer ( Jul-Aug 2001 ) involving volunteers teaching basic activities such as painting, cooking, crafts, sewing to special children. Also incorporated relaxation sessions ( yoga and meditation ) for parents.
7. Conducting workshops on Early Intervention, Adoption, Sibling Support and Mainstreaming.
|SPECIAL FAMILIES SUPPORT GROUP (SFS)|
|Informative Links :|
|Webmaster : Ricky Husaini|
|S F S|
SFS SUMMER CAMP IS BACK !!
FROM 1ST JULY, 2002 AT THE ROLLA RESIDENCE, OPP CITI MART, BUR DUBAI. EVERY MONDAY AND THURSDAY. 3.30 - 5.30 PM .
SUPRIYA ARORA 06 7423285 / 050 5645099,
KANIKA KAPOOR 04 3592000 ROOM 303.
ACTIVITIES : PHYSIOTHERAPY, ART, MUSIC, COOKING, COMPUTER TRAINING, SWIMMING, PHYSICAL EXERCISE (YOGA), FIELD VISITS.
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED FOR TRANSPORTATION !
|Ask the Experts !|
|Dr Sarita Kapoor, Gynaecologist|
|Dr Ashok Kapoor, Cardiologist|
|A SPECIAL MENTION TO THE ORGANISATIONS THAT HAVE SUPPORTED US !
AL KABEER 106.2 HUM FM ARY JEWELLERS
TIFFANY 90.5 EMIRATES RADIO II LANDMARK GROUP
BABY SHOP GULF NEWS GINNY'S
ASTON TRADING ROLLA RESIDENCE WILD WADI
HYATT REGENCY HOTEL QUALPRO
|Page best viewed 1024 x 768 pixels|