Last update: August 29, 2007
This Jeep was originally purchased in late 1995 from Russ Darrow Chrysler/Jeep in Cedarburg, WI. It includes Limited Package #28K with every available option except Selec-trac transfer case, and engine block heater.. Its sticker price was $36,055. I am the second owner.
Modifications & Maintenance
- Acquired vehicle used with 159,xxx miles on odometer
- Lube/Oil/Filter: 10w30 - Unknown Filter (Done @ Arizona Auto Care Center)
- Installed 25% window-tint on driver and passenger side door
- Installed Dash-Mat
- Jeep won't hold oil pressure at hot idle. Changed oil/filter to Mobil 1 5w30, Mobil 1 filter.
- Performed TSB for plug wire routing.
- Installed Sony CDX-S2210 MP3 CD Player
- Jeep again won't not hold oil pressure at hot idle. Changed oil to Rotella-T 5w40.
- Seafoamed TB, fuel tank, and crankcase.
- Oil pressure still dropping off at hot idle, temperature gauge running above 222.5 with A/C. Need more accurate gauges to determine next course of action.
- Installed Autometer 3327 Electric Oil Pressure Gauge on A-Pillar - Oil pressure is indeed dropping off at hot idle. Will try thicker oil.
- Installed Delta Current Controller & Ford Taurus Electric Fan
- Oil/Filter Change (Super Tech 20w50 / Purolator filter)
- No sign of oil pressure dropping off at hot idle since previous oil change.
- Removed factory air silencer
- Seafoamed crankcase and gas tank
- Oil Change (Super Tech 20w50)
- Lubed up door hinges, hood hinges, gas tank door, etc, with aircraft grease.
- Had transmission fluid flushed and refilled
- Detailed engine compartment with gunk engine degreaser, and CD2 engine detailer.
- Discovered drivers side sway bar link is broken.. awaiting repair.
- Noticed electric fan wasn't running at full speed, discovered DCC unit was was hooked to low speed wire. Changed to high speed.
- Performed full chassis lube.
- Drained rear differential fluid (by removing cover,) replaced with Valvoline Synthetic blend 85w140 (ODO @ 171050 mi)
- Drained front differential fluid (through drain hole,) replaced with Valvoline Synthetic blend 80w90
- Drained & refilled transfer case fluid (Coastal Dex/Merc III) (ODO @ 171680 mi)
- Removed and replaced battery
- Wired manual fan switch & indicator lamp to DCC unit. (Click here for the entire writeup.)
- Replaced PCV valve
- Removed Sony deck, replaced with factory deck (swapped Sony deck to our new vehicle.)
- Installed home made PCV air/oil separator
- Oil change (SuperTech 20w50) / Filter change (SuperTech PH16)
- Fuel filter change
- 6 month oil pressure issue revisit:
- Since switching to 20w50, I have not had any issues with oil pressure dropping off at hot idle. Must be worn bearings in the lower end.
- Changed spark plugs (Motorcraft) @ 172800 mi
- Changed spark plug wires (Duralast)
- Replaced heater core/evaporator core (Click here for how-to)
- Replaced both heater hoses
- Drained and refilled rear differential fluid with full synthetic 75w140 (SuperTech brand.) ODO @ 172901 mi.
- Oil change (SuperTech 20w50) / Filter change (Motorcraft FL-300)
- Full Chassis lube
- Replaced thermostat (Duralast 180*)
- Backflushed coolant system/radiator/overflow tank, refilled with Havoline Coolant
- Added Redline Water Wetter to coolant system
- Replaced swaybar end links with OEM replacements (without balljoint)
- Added home-made quick disconnects to swaybar end links
- Oil change (SuperTech 20w50) / Filter Change (Motorcraft FL-300)
- Replaced muffler (cracked) with Summit Racing Turbo muffler
- Replaced custom swaybar end link hardware with normal hardware. 2 1/2" hex bolts, hex nuts, and washers.
- Replaced rear hatch gas shocks
- Replaced upstream oxygen sensor with Mopar part (Had P0133 code)
- Replaced driver side front axle shaft and wheel bearing/hub assembly
- Replaced passenger side front axle shaft and wheel bearing/hub assembly
- Replaced drivers door lock actuator
- Replaced starter (Bosch from Pep Boys)
- Replaced battery (Duralast Gold)
- Replaced fuel filter (Wix 33316)
- Changed oil (Pennzoil Platinum 15w50) / filter (Motorcraft FL-300)
- Added Auto-RX engine treatment (@ 179,220 miles)
· Drained/refilled rear differential fluid with Royal Purple 75w140 (179,602 miles)
- Added power steering cooler (Export GC option)
- Flushed/refilled power steering fluid