Red Dwarf: The Videos
- THE VESSEL:
- The mining ship Red Dwarf.
- THE CREW:
- The slobbiest, most whacked-out bunch of spacebums and losers ever to
set foot in an alternate reality.
- THE MISSION:
- To get back to earth and have a wash.
THE UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
RED DWARF I
byte one: The End
- The End
- A radiation leak wipes out the crew of the mining ship Red
Dwarf, leaving only one survivor Chicken Soup Machine Repair Man,
Dave Lister. After three million years in suspended animation, Lister
emerges to find he is the last human being in the universe. But he is not
- Future Echoes
- When Red Dwarf breaks the speed of light, time dilates, and the
crew begin to experience visions from their own futures. Sadly for Lister
his future appears to include being reduced to his component atoms by a
rather large explosion. Happily for Rimmer, Lister's future appears to
include being reduced to his component atoms by a rather large
- Balance of Power
- Rimmer encounters his most dangerous blood chilling challenge ever -
Lister is taking the chef's exam. If Lister passes he will hold sufficient
rank to have Rimmer replaced as the ship's hologram. Just how low will the
universe's most obnoxious dead man stoop to stop him?
Approx. 87 min, color, 1988 (5967)
byte two: Confidence and Paranoia
- Confidence and Paranoia
- Lister contracts a mutated pneumonia virus. The hallucinations of his
fevered brain materialize in solid form, and suddenly the ship is beset by
herring rain and exploding sixteenth century mayors of Warsaw. When his
fever breaks, Lister wakes up to find he has created personifications of
his Confidence and Paranoia, and a war of manipulation begins.
- Waiting For God
- Holly, the ship's computer, recovers a strange, unidentified pod
floating in the frozen wastes of Deep Space. Rimmer is convinced it
contains the remains of a long-dead alien warrior, and immediately begins
a scientific investigation to decipher the pod's hieroglyphics. Meanwhile,
Lister's rather mundane day perks up when he discovers he is a God.
- Rimmer, the odious hologram, creates his perfect companion - an
identical duplicate of himself. He moves out of his quarters he shares
with Lister and starts rooming with his doppelganger. At first things are
blissful, but the course of true love never runs smoothly, and soon the
two Rimmers find themselves locked in a conflict so fierce, only one of
them can survive.
Approx. 87 min, color, 1988 (5968)
RED DWARF II
byte one: Kryten
- Rimmer's donned his best uniform and Lister's put on his smelly orange
moon boots, even Holly's wearing a toupee...after all, what self
respecting smeg head could possibly resist a cry for help from three
damsels and an android in distress?
- Better Than Life
- It's cool! It's wild! It's Better Than Life! - the new game
sensation sweeping the solar system. Just dream and pleasure will be
yours! Unless you have a mind like Rimmer's that is... with Ron Pember
as The Taxman.
- Thanks for the Memory
- Rimmer's depressed - no one loves him. Not even his fried egg, chutney
and chilli sauce sandwich. It's about time he had a damp dream at least.
Then four days go missing and Lister and Cat wake up with their legs in
plaster...have the aliens landed at last?
Approx. 87 min, color, 1988 (5969)
byte two: Stasis Leak
- Stasis Leak
- The crew of Red Dwarf have found a way to go back in time 3
million years. Back to the freaky fungus and the luscious Kochanski - the
two loves of Lister's life. Who knows? Rimmer could even find Rimmer
before he dies and bring him back so he doesn't have to be dead anymore.
- Holly's been deposed and the backup computer Queeg 500 is in control
of the Red Dwarf. Will Lister and Cat lead a revolt after they've
cleaned the corridor floors? Will Rimmer's legs ever be the same again
after Queeg's fitness regime? Has Holly got something up his sleeves?
Would he know where to look if he had sleeves anyway?
- Parallel Universe
- Climb aboard Holly's new "hop drive" and journey into a
parallel universe where everything exists exactly the same but opposite.
Imagine the horror of a female Rimmer and a pregnant Lister... with
Hattie Hayridge as Hilly.
Approx. 89 minutes, color, 1988. (5970)
RED DWARF III
byte one: Backwards
- The Red Dwarf crew return to Earth to find Time is running
backwards. With some brilliant trick photography and ingenious stunts,
this now-classic episode heralds the arrival of the new-look Red
- As Red Dwarf heads on a collision course towards a minefield of
Black Holes, the crew is forced to abandon ship. Lister finds himself
marooned on an arctic moon with Rimmer and only a pot noodle and a tin of
dogfood between him and starvation.
- A chameleonic genetic mutant which salivates unspeakable slobber gets
loose aboard Red Dwarf, and the nightmare begins. The crew is
subjected to 24 hours of non-stop horror in a gruesome, petrifying comedy
blood-feast. With Frances Barber as Genny Mutant.
Approx. 90 min, color, 1989 (5876)
byte two: Timeslides
- The crew of the Red Dwarf run amok through history, blithely
ignoring the consequences of causality. When Kryten discovers some mutated
developing fluid, which prints photographs the crew can walk into, they
find they are able to change their pasts. With Ruby Wax as Blaze
Falconburger, and Koo Stark as Lady Sabrina Holland-Jjones.
Featuring Adolf Hitler as himself.
- A skutter goes beserk and rewires all the ship's circuitry. So when
Lister orders a chocolate bar from one of the snack dispensers, he
accidentally triggers off the ship's self-destruct sequence. There is only
one way to defuse the bomb, but it involves Lister lending his body to a
female officer. This gets Rimmer thinking...
- The Last Day
- Kryten discovers his built-in expiration date is almost up and he has
less than twenty-four hours to live. The crew are determined to give the
mechanoid the best night of his life. For the first time, he experiences
true pleasure and wants to delay his ascent into Silicon Heaven, the
resting place for all electrical appliances. Then his replacement shows
Approx. 90 min, color, 1989 (5877)
RED DWARF IV
byte one: Camille
- Kryten, Red Dwarf's on board mechanoid, rescues a female droid
- Camille - from a crashed vessel. She's a 4000 series just like him, only
a GTi model with realistic toes and a slideback sunroof head. Kryten finds
himself falling in advanced mutual compatibility on the basis of a primary
ident (what humans call "love at first sight") only to find that
true advanced mutual compatibility never runs in a non-glitch, bug-free
- The crew lock on to an unidentified craft containing the ultimate
genetic engineering technology - a machine that can transform any living
thing into any other living thing, by re-writing its DNA. A blessing or a
curse? Then Lister's curry finds its way into the transmogrifier and
assumes near-human form.
- Innate justice does not exist anywhere in the known universe except,
that is, for Justice World, an abandoned penal colony equipped with a
"justice field" which inflicts the consequences fo a crime on
its perpetrator. The innocent have nothing to fear. Rimmer is in big
Approx. 84 minutes, color, 1991 (5874)
byte two: Dimension Jump
- White Hole
- Holly regains her genius level IQ and for reasons best known to
herself powers down the ship, leaving the crew drifting helplessly towards
a White Hole. Will Rimmer sacrifice his hologramatic life to save the rest
of the crew?
- Dimension Jump
- In a universe almost identical to our own, another Arnold Rimmer
exists. A test pilot in the Space Corps, he is charming, popular, brave
and modest. After his test craft breaks the speed of reality, he finds
himself face to face with his counterpart aboard Red Dwarf.
- A matter transporter whisks the crew to Waxworld - a giant theme park,
where the waxdroids have broken their programming, and are running amok.
Hitler, Caligula, and the Boston Strangler lead an army of darkness
against the forces of Elvis, Gandhi and Stan Laurel.
Approx. 84 minutes, color, 1991 (5875)
RED DWARF V
byte one: Back to Reality
- Back to Reality
- The crew of Red Dwarf discover an abandoned space ship on an ocean bed but suddenly the salvage operation doesn't sound quite so sexy when they realize all of the occupants of the vessel committed suicide. Attack by a gigantic swa monster makes escape the favorite option.
- Demons & Angels
- Who knows what evil lurks within the hearts of men? The Red Dwarf crew find out when they encounter their dark sides - four evil "doppelgangers" hell bent on their destruction.
- Rimmer is transmitted from Red Dwarf to the advanced holoship "Enlightenment", which conatins the cream of the Space Corps. Everything he has dreamed of exists on this Ship. Can he earn a commission to join this fantastic vessel?
Approx. 81 minutes, color, 1992 (8262)
byte two: Quarantine
- After an ancounter at a viral research center, Rimmer forces the crew to spend twleve weeks in quarantine. But who's watching the watcher?
- The Inquisitor
- The Inquisitor roams through Time weeding out life's wastrels and deleting the worthless - the Red Dwarf crew are in big, big trouble.
- Rimmer is taken prisoner inside his own mind and ends up being stripped, oiled, manacled, licked, chained, taunted, humiliated and nearly has a knobbly thing the size of a Mexican agave cactus jammed up where only customs agents dare to probe.
Approx. 83 minutes, color, 1992 (8263)
RED DWARF VI
byte one: Gunmen of the Apocalypse
- On pursuit of the stolen Red Dwarf, Lister & Co. are attacked by Psirens - creatires who lure space-farers to their deaths with a lethal combination of telepathic manipulation and scanty clothing.
- Supplies are low. The water has been recycled so often, it's beginning to taste like Dutch lager. Then a malfunctioning guidance beam drags the Dwarfers to a deserted space station...
- Gunmen of the Apocalypse
- Kryten contracts a deadly computer virus, and Rimmer and Co. are forced to enter his electronic mindscape. They find themselves in a wild west town, facing a gunfight against metaphysical gunslingers.
Approx. 86 minutes, color, 1993 (3196)
byte two: Polymorph II - Emohawk
- Polymorph II - Emohawk
- The Dwarfers need replacement engine parts from the fearsome and stomach chunringly ugly "Kinatowi". But the GELF tribe are interested in only one trade: Lister msut marry the chief's daughter.
- Trapped aboard a disintegrating ship, Rimmer abandons his crewmates, taking the only remaining escape pod. As he accelerates toward a nearby wormhole, he discovers the pod has no steering controls.
- Out of Time
- When an identical ship materializes alongside "Starbug", the crew are alarmed to recieve an SOS call from themselves fiftenn years into the future.
Approx. 86 minutes, color, 1993 (3376)
RED DWARF VII
- Tikka to Ride
- With the ship's curry supplies destroyed, a desperate Lister travels back in time to find an Indian take-out restaurant. They mistakenly land in Dallas in 1963, knocking history, and an assassion, for a loop.
- Stoke Me a Clipper
- Rimmer's heroic alter ego, Ace Rimmer, wants Rimmer to take over his role as Guardian of the Universe. Lister will have to play his cards right to get the holographic human to accept the challenge.
- The membrane between two dimensions collapses, reuniting Lister with his girlfriend Kristine Kochanski - and raising Kryten's fears that she may steal Lister's affections.
1997, Approx. 87 Minutes, Color (6452)
- Duct Soup
- Kryten's jealousy mode results in a sabotaged generator. Now the crew has to crawl through two miles of ducts to fix it - giving them lots of time to do some venting of their own.
- Lister finds himself missing Rimmer - until Kryten takes him on "The Rimmer Experience," a virtual reality ride featuring highlights of the departed crewmember's much-loathed life.
- Beyond a Joke
- Kryten's prepared a special anniversary dinner. But the crew's pre-occupation with a new virtual reality program finally makes the mechanoid blow his top.
1997, Approx. 87 Minutes, Color (6453)
- A strange, intelligent virus has infected Lister. If he can't talk the virus out of killing him, he'll have to submit to Kochanski's disarmingly simple cure.
- The crew searches for nanobots in a laundry hamper to restore Lister to his pre-viral state. What they find is the answer to who stole their spaceship, the Red Dwarf, and why.
Back to Red Dwarf