Calendar Of Events
Meet The Directors
High School Band:
Grading Policy for THS Band
2nd Quarter 2001-2002
25% of Grade - Recorded Performance Exam:
Due January 11, 2002: Information to follow.
50% of grade: Performances:
- Football Games: November 10 & 22, 2001
- Parade:: December 1, 2001
- National Honor Society: December 13, 2001
- Winter Concert: December 19, 2001
25% of grade: Class/After School Rehearsal Participation:
promptness, instrument, musicianship, attention, attendance, attitude.
All students start with 100 points at the beginning of every rehearsal.
The following points will be deducted from the students daily grade.
*Students who are ill or
are excused from performing at any concert must submit a recorded playing
performance of their parts of the entire program.
- No Instrument - 100 points (except excused repairs)
- Removed from rehearsal for disciplinary reasons - 100 points
- Cutting Class/rehearsal or unexcused absence - 100 points
- No Music/Folder (folders are not to go home!!!) - 50 points
- Gum Chewing/Food or Drink (except bottled water)- 25 points
- Not putting away instruments/folder/percussion
equipment at the end of rehearsal - 25 points
- Inattentive or focus problems (includes posture and being social)
- 25 points
***Please note that being excused
from rehearsals and performances must be made in advance to Mr. Vars in
writing by the students' parent or guardian.
Important: Please have a pencil in your folder at all rehearsals.