Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church
This site presents the best of both sides of the story of Unificationism (Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church and related organizations), both support and critique. It presents selected supportive material in a manner that shows the Unification "movement" in the best possible light, rather than an ocean of information with an apparent disregard for the initial perspective of an outsider. Criticism is likewise of high quality: factual, showing some level of sensitivity to the culture of Unificationism, lacking in the kind of hyperbole and disdainful coloration that is common in popular media reports.
In addition to the full texts of high quality materials on the beliefs of the church, a specialty of this site is the inclusion of reflections on the church and explanations of experiences by members and former members that run the spectrum from mildly reformist to strongly critical, but even the latter are not venomous attacks; instead they are a relaying of facts and sincere opinions that members would be wise to consider rather than hide from. For example, one Unificationist writes a letter to Sun Myung Moon describing the surprise beatings received from Hyun Jin Moon, Rev. Moon's son and heir apparent. Another Unification Church member and journalist writes a review of the revealing book by Nansook Hong, ex-wife of Rev. Moon's oldest son Hyo Jin Moon.
The Healing of the World - an Introduction to the Life and Teachings of Rev. Sun Myung Moon.Other Unificationist publications (online)
- An introduction to the "Principle," Unificationism's systematic theology.
- Contemplating Unification Thought, by Dr. Jennifer P. Tanabe. An overview of Unification teachings in the terminology of philosophy.
- Unification Christology: The Humanity and Divinity of Jesus in Unification Theology. A paper written at the Unification Theological Seminary.
- "The Phoenix," a sermon by Dan Fefferman, long-time American Unificationist leader.
- A review by a Unification Church member of the book In the Shadow of the Moons: My Life in the Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Family. Some passages from the book.
- Korean management culture in the Unification Church of America: an expert on Korea gives an insider's account.
- Tim Folzenlogen's letter about the surprise beatings from Hyun Jin Moon, Sun Myung Moon's son and heir apparent.
- Thorsteinn's unanswered questions to the leadership of the Unification Church.
The more popular books (with reviews at Amazon.com):
- In the Shadow of the Moons: My Life in the Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Family by Nansook Hong.
- Inquisition: The Persecution and Prosecution of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon by Carlton Sherwood.
- Moonie Buddhist Catholic: A Spiritual Odyssey by Thomas W. Case.
Unification web sites:
- Official site of the American Unification Church.
- Official site of HSA Publications.
- The Family Federation for World Peace and Unification.
- The Family Federation for World Peace and Unification's European Office.
- Damian Anderson's extensive "Unification Home Page."
|Founders of Unificationism, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon and Mrs. Hakja Han Moon|
This page hosted by GeoCities, a free web site community.