First Presbyterian Church of Verona, NY is located in the hamlet of Verona on the corner of Rock Road and Main Street. Verona is located off State Route 365 between Oneida and Rome, NY.
WORSHIP SERVICES AND CHURCH SCHOOL
First Presbyterian Church Verona shares Pastor Peg Ward as Pastor with Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church, Vernon, NY and Cochran Memorial Presbyterian Church, Oneida Castle, NY. During the summer of 2009 worship will circulate between the three churches on the schedule shown on the Calendar. Services begin at 10:00am.
The First Presbyterian Church of Verona, New York has a long history in Central New York. On August 5, 1803, the Reverend Peter Fish, a Presbyterian minister and the Reverend Timothy Cooley, a Congregationalist minister met with residents of the Verona community to embark on forming a religious society. The parish formed extended from the Rome State School to Sconondoa. In 1829, the church came under the care of the Presbytery and remained so until 1882 when it became full Presbyterian. The church edifice was erected in 1829 and remodeled in 1866.
|First Presbyterian Church
P.O. Box 114
Verona, NY 13478-0114
Phone: (315) 363-2728
Email: Verona First
Peg Ward, Commissioned Lay Pastor
|Map/directions: Verona, NY|