Welcome to the Wallington Fire Department
Wallington, New Jersey
The Wallington Volunteer Fire Department was organized in October of 1894. We protect over 12,000 residents within an area of 1 square mile. The Wallington Fire Department consists of three fire companies and operates out of three firehouses strategically located throughout the Borough. Truck Co #1, organized as Hose Co. #1 in 1894, responds out of the Union Boulevard Firehouse. Engine Co. #2, organized as Hose Co. #2 in 1913, responds from the Johnson Avenue Firehouse. Hose Co. #3, organized in 1923, responds out of the Park Row Firehouse on Park Row at the corner of Steve Tomko Plaza.
Borough Ordinance allows a total of 90 members to join the fire department (30 per company). Currently, the strength of the Wallington Fire Department is 85 members.
Annually, the Wallington Fire Department answers over 200 alarms. With more carbon monoxide detectors and fire alarm systems being installed, the number of alarms continue to rise. Included in the runs are mutual aid calls to neighboring towns. The Wallington Fire Department is a member of the South Bergen Zone 2 Mutual Aid Association and CREW Mutual Aid Association.
The Wallington Fire Department is dispatched on 154.1600 MHz with a PL Tone of 146.2. Our Fire ground Operations are on 154.2950 MHz.
2009 Holiday Parade is Saturday, November 28th 6:00 PM
Mark your calendars!
2009 Chief Officers
Chief Raymond Volosin
Deputy Chief William "Benny" Kullaf
Assistant Chief Charles Gardella
Past Chiefs of the Department
Truck Co. 1
Engine Co. 2
Hose Co. 3
This website was updated on 3/26/09.