A Fire in your home can be one of the most tragic events you will ever experience.  My fire is out now....I can't wait to get back to life as usual.  But nothing will be usual for a while.....
Take a look inside.........
CLICK
HERE
Brandon & I had just gotten home.....12:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon - July 23rd 2000.  We put on our bathing suits and went to the backyard to the pool.  Within 15 minutes Snickers (our puppy) started barking at the garage.  Brandon glanced up and saw Fire inside the back kitchen window.  "Mommy - FIRE!"  I ran to the garage and kitchen door and looked in- everything was black.  Do I run for the garden hose?  Do I run and get help?  I ran to the neighbors and banged and screamed on their door - no one came - I ran into the street and screamed "HELP ME".  Three houses down heard me and called the fire department.  By this time it was 1:05....soon....but not soon enough  2 fire trucks arrived  with 12 firemen went into the house with full gear and their hoses.  When it was over - it was really just beginning..... when they let me back into the house - I walked through the ruins - shocked and confused, but there were things I needed to do over the next few days that were critical for me to start putting the pieces back together.  I had soooooooooooooo many questions!  "How did the fire start?" - "What was the  damage to my house?" - Where were Brandon and I going to live?"

They determined the cause of the fire was a Black & Decker can opener installed underneath the cabinet.  Only 7 years old and only used only a couple of times per month!  They told us we needed to find a place to stay - until the house could be rebuilt - they told me to take any valuables that I could locate - my jewelry - money and credit cards.  

The fire made a mess of our house and our lives.  We are kicked out for the rest of the year....Brandon and I and our puppy Snickers.  We are living in an apartment - YUK - We are starting over just the way we started "without a pot" 

This Story & pictures are what can happen 
when you least expect it......
This was HOT fire - it was amazing the damage a 15-20 minute fire can do.  It spreads so fast - destroying and melting everything in its path...... 
This is JUST the kitchen - most of the fire was contained there.  Click on the next button and see more......
1