Hello! Welcome to my place! I live in a small town in Kansas with a population of under 500. I am a 36 year old art teacher (grades K-12) for a school which 8 years ago didn't have an art program. I was hired right out of college to design an art program and it has been very successful! I paint signs on commission for extra money, since a teacher's salary isn't all that great! I have two children, whom I am watching grow up from my seat on the bleachers, as they are both totally sports crazy. My husband is a correctional officer at the nearby maximum security prison. My newest hobby is water gardening ~ check out my pond!
|My Personal Pages||Elementary Art Lessons|
|Treasure Hunts||Holiday Pages|
Small Town Life
I live in a small Kansas town with a population of under 500. Life here is far different than that of the city. Here are some examples:
* You drive into the ditch 5 miles out of town, and the word gets back into town before you do.
* You are run off the street by a combine.
* You dial a wrong number and talk for 15 minutes anyway.
* You don't use a turn signal because everyone knows where you are going.
* You have to lock your car door when in town in the summer, or someone will leave you a sack of homegrown vegetables.
* The neighbor kids play in your yard more than your own kids do.
* You can't walk for exercise because everyone offers you a ride.
* It takes you twice as long for a trip to the post office because of the time it takes you to visit with your friends.
* You know every dog in town by name.
I'd love to hear from you!
Sign My Guestbook!
This page last updated November2, 2005
In loving memory of my sister JJ ~ Nov.13,1970-Jan.10,1989
This page hosted byGet Your Own Free Home Page