A Bench in the Park- Chapter 4 A Bench in the Park-chapter 4

"Blah"- Speech
'Blah'- Thoughts

-------------------------

Lying perfectly still on his bed, Yusuke crossed his arms, placing them behind his head. His head laid on the pillow so that he faced the ceiling. The expression on his face obviously showed that he was deep in his thoughts.

*Flash Back*

Yusuke kicked the sand mindlessly while sitting on a swing. Hearing a sigh from Botan, he turned her way and saw that she was staring at the sky. A small breeze blew by, causing the girl's blue hair to waver. The setting sun gave her skin an orange glow.

Yusuke pulled the band supporting Botan's ponytail off. Her blue hair fell and covered her shoulders and most of her back. He slowly raked a hand through her hair. Yusuke noticed the girl's shiny lips whispering his name. He shifts his position a bit so that their lips were barely touching. So close...

Yusuke stared at her for a while before he realized what he was doing. He silently cursed himself for thinking romantic thoughts about Botan. Well, it wasn't a sin to do what he was doing, was it? A little voice in his head reminded him of Keiko. 'What about her?' Yusuke thought back. He was about to start a mental fight with himself when Botan got off her swing.

"It's getting late Yusuke, I have to get back to Reikai now."

"Sure, whatever." He answered without looking at her.

"I never got to talk to Keiko though." She said more to herself than to him.

" 'ts not my problem."

"But it is your fault..." Botan pointed out.

He simply shrugged.

"I'm going to have to come back tomorrow."

He looked up. "I thought you said you were leaving now."

Botan frowned, then summoned her oar. "I am." She hops on her oar.

" 'K bye."

"Bye" She paused. "And thanks for taking me out, I had fun. Thanks."

She was pretty sure he heard Yusuke mumble something, although she couldn't quite catch it.

Botan flies away and Yusuke watches her disappearing figure. Even after she was out of sight, he didn't move from the swing. Slowly, he began swinging back and forth.

*End flash back*

Yusuke stared at the ceiling for a moment more before he rolled over on his side and fell asleep. All his thoughts wandered to a certain blue haired ferry girl.

-------------------------

Keiko arrived at the park at 12:23 PM. She wasn't sure if she was early or late since the note Kurama wrote hasn't stated the exact time. She wasn't sure when she had met him yesterday either. Keiko spotted the red headed young man, sitting in the same spot as yesterday, just like the note had said. A blush had risen to her cheeks, and for a reason she did not know. She clutched the roses she had received a bit tighter and took a step towards Kurama. She could feel her heart beating faster for every step she took. Kurama looked up. His emerald eyes met her chocolate brown ones. She thought her heart was going to stop.

"Keiko-san, hi, you're early."

Keiko tried to get some words out of her throat. "... I am? Oh right! I am..."

"Come, have a seat."

She hesitates but approached him, slowly taking a seat next to him.

Kurama caught site of the roses she was holding. "I see you brought the roses."

"I... I had to give them back. They're lovely Kurama-kun, but... I can't accept them." She hands them back to him.

He examines the roses for a while as if looking for something that is missing, then suddenly throws them into a trash can nearby. Keiko, surprised by his action, directed her eyes toward the roses now in the dump.

"Keiko-san?"

She pries her eyes away from the roses and finds herself lost in his. Next thing she knew, she felt his lips pressing against her's. She could feel Kurama deepening the kiss. Keiko's eyes widened with shock. 'Pull away Keiko! This isn't right! You're not supposed to be doing this! And especially not with Kurama!' Her whole body felt tingly and warm. She noted that Yusuke's kiss was nothing like this. Well, she only kissed him once and that was when he just returned from Makai. Kurama released his lips from her's and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Kurama-kun..."

He suddenly got up and turned around.

"I'm so sorry Keiko-san. I don't know what came over me. I- I guess I lost control of myself. I'm sorry..."

"Kurama-kun..."

"I'm sorry. I shall be taking my leave now." He started to walk away from her.

"Wait Kurama-kun."

Kurama paused. Even though he does not turn around, Kurama could "see" her getting up from the bench and run up to him. He couldn't face her again, knowing the act he committed couldn't be easily forgiven. Keiko steps in front of him and just like that, she kissed him.

-------------------------

Botan stares blankly at the Reikai clouds. Even though she's supposed to be guiding souls, she doesn't pay attention to the things going around her. Her eyes still settled on the sky, not noticing the impatience radiating off the soul she was supposed to guide. Botan simply batted the soul away and went on with her daydreaming. She closes her eyes and lets the sun's rays shine down on her.

"Yusuke... Yusuke... How am I ever going to tell you how I feel?" She opened her eyes again and thought for a second. "If I ever do tell him how I feel..."

The soul circles around her head as if trying to tell her something. She glares at the soul with irritation and went on with her job.

-------------------------

Keiko sits in her wooden chair with her head buried in her arms. 'What was I thinking kissing him like that? It was a simple plan - return the roses and tell him there are other girls out there.' She moans. 'What have I done? What about Yusuke?' She turns her head to the left so that her right ear is resting on the table and came face to face with her Hamtaro photo frame. The picture was taken when she and Yusuke were 14 or 15. They were standing in front of the door of the Yukimura Restaurant and were wearing their school uniforms. Keiko picks up the frame and stares at it. After a while, she puts it back on the desk but in face down position so that the picture is facing the table. Feeling as if anything else could get worse, she lets out a sigh.

-------------------------End chapter 4-------------------------

Yeah... a kiss scene. *shrug* I thought I did it pretty well. Lots of KuramaxKeiko stuff. Gr... I need to work on the BotanxYusuke stuff. Don't ask about the Hamtaro picture frame, my sister and I were talking about Hamtaro when I was writing this. By the way, the picture she was looking at is the one from the 4th ending, 'Taiyou ga Mata Kagayaku Toki'. The Botan scene is kinda weird. I just added it to separate the KeikoxKurama scene and the Keiko scene. Plus, I wanted the chapter to be a bit longer. I noticed how I keep repeating some stuff when I write, like using the same phrases. I'm getting worse and worse at this... Yeah, review and flame if needed to.

-------------------------

<<< Chapter 3

Chapter 5 >>>

Back to FanFics