The Crisis in South African Education
- The following list consists of the editorials from The
Educational Journal which is published by
The Teachers' League of South Africa.
At present responses to these articles can only be sent via snail-mail. If you like you could e-mail me. I'll forward your responses to the editor. If none of the articles stimulate your interest, come back soon. You're bound to find one that does. Remember that you could just print each editorial (average 3 A4 pages) and read it later at your leasure, instead of reading it on-line.
"Let us live for our children"
- JANUARY - MARCH 2001. - The Year 2000 – SC Disaster: Once Again>
- NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2000. - Asmal’s Tertiary Education Castles in the Air
- SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER 2000. - Labour and the South African Government
- JULY - AUGUST 2000. - “A South African Curriculum for the 21st Century” – An overview of Commission’s Report
- JUNE 2000. - Redressing Or Patching?
- APRIL - MAY 2000. - The Human Rights Commission and Racism
- JANUARY - MARCH 2000. - Treating the Symptoms of an Unchecked Disease
- Volume 69 #6. - The Old Order - What Hopes of Change?
- Volume 69 #5. - The 1999 Public Service Wage Negotiations: Establishing a New Principle
- Volume 69 #4. - The 1999 Elections: Before - and After?
- Volume 69 #3. - Censorship - Another Hydra-Headed Monster in Education
- Volume 69 #1. - "Shake-up" in SA's Education System?
- Volume 68 #6. - Backwards into the Future
- Volume 68 #5. - Renaissance and Rediscovery
- Volume 68 #4. - A Great Deal More To Do
- Volume 68 #3. - The Schools and Transformation
- Volume 68 #2. - Creating Equity: Simplistic Assumptions and Stark Realities
- Volume 68 #1. - The 1997 Matric Catastrophe - What Lies Ahead?
- Volume 67 #7. - The Higher Education Bill
- Volume 67 #6. - The "Messy Schools": Who Did "Not Know"?
- Volume 67 #5. - The Dumbing of South Africa
- Volume 67 #4. - Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics - or Honesty?
- Volume 67 #3. - "Curriculum 2005" - A Recipe for Disaster?
- Volume 67 #2. - The Politics and Economics of Education.
- Volume 67 #1. - Behind the Senior Certificate results.
- Volume 66 #5. - The World Bank -- IMF’s Obedient Servants.
- Volume 66 #4. - The New Constitution - A Historical Assessment.
- Volume 66 #3. - Budgets & Bureaucrats - whom do they serve?
- Volume 66 #2. - No light at the end of this tunnel.
- Volume 66 #1. - Confusion Worse Confounded.
- Volume 65 #7. - Rationalising Education, or Trashing it?
visitors since 24 August 2001.