The MacLocksmith 2.4.0 (FAT)
Secure online registration
The MacLocksmith is an useful application to save your files from indiscreet eyes. It protects your files/folders quickly by using a very strong encryption method and a password. The MacLocksmith supplies also a second, soft and fast, protection system. You may use it in situations of already good security level.
The MacLocksmith allows you to create Cryptet. Cryptets are stand-alone auto-decrypting applications containing one encrypted or protected file. A Cryptet may decrypt the contained file or simply save it on disks. Distribution of encrypted files is no longer a problem, now. You may create FAT, PPC or 68k applications and choose a text file that will be used, by created Cryptet, as custom About box.
The MacLocksmith can make also other actions:
You may configure all actions of above through preferences, you may also set the preferences on the fly, before work, simply holding down option key.
- it locks/unlocks disks by software flag,
- sets/unsets lock bit of files,
- locks/unlocks names,
- shows/hides files and folders.
Other preferences options:
The MacLocksmith is Internet Config, Drag Manager and Navigation Manager aware, moreover it's Appearance savvy.
It requires at least System 7 to run.
- don't encrypt invisibles,
- ignore system resources,
- only folder's contents, ignore the folder itself,
- scan disks.
What's new in 2.4.0 version
Hardware and software requirements
- Unique password option.
- Only folder contents option.
- Don't encrypt invisible option.
- Ignore System Resources option.
- Windows position saving.
- Some graphic change.
- Better support of Appearance in menus.
- Better check for low application memory.
- Scan disk disables encryption and vice-versa.
- Improved Internet menu.
- More well-defined error messages.
- Navigation Manager aware.
- Recompiled by using the newest compiler.
- Addresses update.
- Removed registration form from About Box.
- Added Registrations folder.
- Added Support folder.
- Removed custom font.
- Code optimized for better performances.
- All code revisited.
The MacLocksmith should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It's accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager and/or same the Navigation Manager, they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items may be disabled if you don't have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac).
YellowExtractor, an useful utility to decrypt The MacLocksmith files and more.
The MacLocksmith was for Friday, November 13, 1998 on
The MacLocksmith was for Tuesday, September 30, 1997 on
Tucows MacLocksmith page.
The MacLocksmith page on FileDudes.
MacUpdate's MacLocksmith page.
Other MacLocksmith pages: