Population and Environmental Research Centre
Research Institute, Institute Technology of Ten November Surabaya (ITS)
<!img src= "http://184.108.40.206/cgi-bin/Count.cgi?dd=C|df=haris">
<!img src= "http://220.127.116.11/cgi-bin/Count.cgi?dd=C|display=clock">
The Institute of Technology Ten November - Surabaya (ITS) is one of the state university in East Java - Indonesia. It has 4 faculties with 800 teaching staffs and about 10.000 students (1996). All of the Universities in Indonesia has three core activities, known as Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi, i.e. : education, research and public service.
Research are conducted by teaching staffs and the students, organized and coordinated by Research Institute, while the research centres carryout the research activities. These research centres perform the multi deciplinary research activities, and the mono diciplinary research are carried out by the faculties.
- Industrial Research Centre
Its activities cover the area of process technology, agro industry, waste water treatment, design manufacturing and production technology, industrial engineering management and transportation technology
- Material and basic Sciences Research Center
Its activities cover the area of material process and analysis and development of basic sciences
- Ocean Engineering Research Centre
Its activities cover the area of naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and off-shore technology.
- Energy Research Centre
Its activities cover the areas of energy and aplication of energy.
- Population and Environmental Research Centre
Its activities cover the areas of population and environment, include: demographic, eradication of poverty, urban management, coastal and marine resources management, industrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, GIS.
- Computer Sciences and Information System Research Centre
Its activities cover the area of computers science and engineering, robotic, information system
Role and Scope
The role and scope activities of the population and environmental Research Centre are as follows:
- Conducts multi disciplinary research dealing with population and environment
- Developt research-link activities with other universities inside and outside the contry, the goverment, the private sectors and
- Together with the Public Service Institute, perform the public service activities, such as:
- Trainning the public in Environmental Impact Assessment, GIS, Environmental Audit, Control of Pullution on air,
water and land
- Consultation service to the govrment and the public, in the area of environment.
- Exhibition about the management of the environmental engineering.
- Research on quality of the river water in East Java, such as, the Kalimas river, the Porong river, the Surabaya river and the Brantas river.
- Research on the management of coastal areas and the marine resources in East Java.
- Environmental Impact Assesment on:
- High Voltage Electrical Transmission Line and Central Electricity Powers.
- New City Development.
- Oil Exploration.
- Development of Industrial Estates.
- Highways and Bridges in East Java.
Some research have been conducted together with other bodies, such as:
- The provincial and local goverment, and other goverments at the regency level.
- The Indonesian Eastern Fleet (the Armatim)
- The Industries (including small industries) in East Java.
- The private Sector such as the PCI (Pollution Control Implementation - Australia)
- Other universities in the country
- Universities outside the country, such as the Murdoch University-Australia)
- The goverment of Belgium
- The ADB
The Population and Environmental Research Centre supported by about 200 research staffs from all the faculties in the Institute of Technology Ten November Surabaya (ITS). The staff members consist of 4 professors, 18 doctors, 71 masters, 108 engineers. These are :
- Biology and Agronomy , 8 staffs
- Geology and Geotechnic , 4 staffs
- Geodesy , 3 staffs
- Hidrology , 11 staffs
- Soil Mechanic , 4 staffs
- Transportation , 6 staffs
- Construction Engineering , 10 staffs
- Physic , 14 staffs
- Town planning and Architecture , 27 staffs
- Chemistry and chemical Engneering , 47 staffs
- Environmental Engineering , 16 staffs
- Social, Psychology, Law , 14 staffs
- Mathematics and Statistics , 16 staffs
- Mechanical Engineering , 7 staffs
- Ocean Engineering , 9 staffs
- Electrical Engineering , 4 staffs
Links to other sites on the Web
The Indonesian Mangrove Foundation
The Indonesian Forum for Environmental
The Indonesian Ministry of Environmental
The Indonesian Consumer Foundation
STILL UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION
thank you, terima kasih
© 1996, created by Melania S Muntini
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page