Mehdi Ghasemi - Personal Home Page
- Personal Stats
- Composition Works
- Interests and Hobbies
- How To Contact Me
- Favourite Sites
- E-Mail Me
Last Name: Ghasemi Maddahian
Date of Birth: 06-October-1971
Family Status: Married
Education: B.A in Music
- Born in Tehran (1971)
- To receive Setar (an Iranian traditional instrument) training by Mr. Jalal Zolfonoon (1985-1989)
- To receive the Violin training by Mr. Heshmat Sandjari (1988-1992)
- Getting the High-School Diploma, in the field of "Mathematics-Physics" from Alborz High School (1989)
- Win the First Rank in the Ministry of Education's Music Festival in the field of Setar Performance (1989)
- Admission to the "B.A Course" of Art University of Tehran in the field of Music (1989)
- To receive Setar training by Mrs. Mehrbanou Towfigh at the Art University (1989-1993)
- Studying Harmony with Mrs. Mehrbanou Towfigh (1989)
- To receive the "Musical foundation and the principles of performance" training by Mr. Sharif Lotfi (1989-1991)
- Studying Harmony, Counterpoint and Instrumentation with Mr. Kambiz Roushanravan (1990-1993)
- Membership in the board of jury of the Ministry of Education's Music Festival in Tehran (1990-1991)
- Studying Harmony, Counterpoint and Musical forms with Mr. Ahmad Pejman (1991-1993)
- To receive the Violin training by Mr. Ebrahim Lotfi (1992-1993)
- Playing Violin in the Bahman Cultural Center Symphony Orchestra (1992-1996)
- Membership in the board of jury of the Ministry of Education's Music Festival in Kerman, Ilam, Shiraz and Boushehr provinces (1992)
- Playing Violin in the Tehran Symphony Orchestra (1994-1995)
- Graduating from Art University of Tehran in the field of Music (1995)
- Entering the Army Service (1995-1997)
- Moving to Armenia for studying
Composition in Komitas Conservatoire (1997)
- "Lamlova" for Choir and Piano (August 1993)
- Three Short Works for Piano (January 1994)
- Little Symphony for String Orchestra (November 1994)
- Variations on an Iranian Theme for Piano (September 1995)
- Three Short Hymns for Choir (December 1996)
- Serenade for String Orchestra (March 1997)
- Synthesizer Music:
Lamlova is the name of a provincial melody from Dezfool province that I developed and arranged it, for choir and piano. This piece has been performed by Bahman Cultural Center Choir in winter 1994.
This piece has been performed by Iran-Austria Chamber Orchestra with the conducting of Mr. Thomas Christian David in winter 1995.
The theme of this variations is a provincial melody from Lorestan province. this piece was my B.A Thesis in Art University of Tehran.
The text of this hymns, is from Khaje Abdollah Ansari(1005-1088), well known Iranian Mystic. This piece has been performed by Bahman Cultural Center Choir in May 1997.
Composing of my synthesizer music is referred to those day that I was a 2nd Lt. in the Army Service, in film producing center of Air Force and they wanted me to write some musics for their Video Clips (often fighter air craft's demonstrations)
I hadn't any experiment in this type of music before, but within two years, I composed some. Unfortunately in a hard disk crash, many of those files lost and only three of them are available:
First and Second are composed for air crafts demonstrations ant the Third is composed for a national celebration, all of them are broadcasted by T.V of Iran.
In my own opinion, these works are not very serious works because I must obeyed the colonel's opinion !
- Alborz Mountaineering Club Homepage
- Homepage of Maestro Djalal Zolfonoon, my first music teacher
- Send your Fax and Snail-Mail to IRAN via E-Mail!
- the Center for Promotion of Contemporary Composers
- Pop-Art Exhibition of my friend, Karine Matsakian
My best hobby, is Mountaineering. When I was in Iran,
I established a mountaineering club named ALBORZ
and we climbed to many difficult and famous peaks of Iran. Now my friends
continue their activity without me :(
Here in Armenia, also there is some high mountains ( not as high as mountains of Iran). I and my wife plan to climb them in future.
My other hobbies are: Reading, Playing computer games, Writing little programmes by QBasic and Visual Basic and if I have a time, Exploring the Net.
Electronic mail address
I would be glad, if you send me an E-Mail and write your comments about my Homepage and my Pieces. Also if you'd like that I write or make music for you, please E-Mail me.
This page hosted by GeoCities. Get your own Free Home Page