Hypnotherapy involves the use of hypnosis to help you get to the root cause of your behaviour, habit, or issue so that you can make positive
Hypnosis is …
• A normal, natural state of mind that allows access to your subconscious.
• A natural state that we often slip into in our daily lives
• A state of alert relaxation that allows the critical conscious mind to be
• A state in which you can become highly responsive to suggestions
Hypnosis was accepted in 1958 by the American Medical Association as a viable way to treat clients.
• Enables you to make positive changes and eliminate destructive habits.
• You are in control. You have choice.
• You cannot lose awareness or fall asleep
• You will not do anything that is against your morals or ethics.
• You will not become “stuck” in hypnosis
Benefits of Hypnosis:
• Decrease Stress – increase relaxation, reduce tension, reduce fear and worry.
• Control habits – stop smoking, lose weight
• Eliminate phobias
• Set goals and motivate yourself to accomplish goals
• Learn self-hypnosis
• Improve self-confidence
• Reduce anxiety
• Improve Study Habits
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What will happen in the session?
On your first visit you will learn about hypnosis and take the time to be comfortable with it. Your hypnotherapist will discuss your interests and
requirements to determine if hypnotism can accomplish what you want to achieve.
Each session includes training in Self Hypnosis so that you can continue the benefits in the comfort of your own home. The first session is 1 ½
hours, subsequent sessions are 45-60 minutes.
The total process is a gentle relaxed experience that leaves you feeling energized, refreshed and comfortable with your new goals.
Will I remember everything that happens in the session?
Yes, if you want to. Sometimes the conscious mind chooses to not remember, but that's your choice.
Can anyone be hypnotized?
Yes, if they want to. And if they have a goal they want to achieve. Most practitioners will not hypnotize children
under six or adults with a medical situation like epilepsy.
Are there any side effects from hypnosis?
Only good ones! You'll feel relaxed. More in control. Sometimes clients find they remember their dreams more often.
How successful is hypnosis for weight control and will I have to give up my favourite foods?
It's very successful, if you are serious and
dedicated. You will still enjoy the foods you want to. However the quantities will be reduced and through hypnosis the appetite is satisfied and the inclination towards a healthy diet is intensified.
How successful is smoking cessation?
90% successful for at least a year.
Will I still crave cigarettes?
No, not if you don't want to. We will include that in the smoking cessation program we tailor for you.
Will I gain weight after I quit smoking?
You might to start with, but that weight will come off in the second or third week of your non-smoking program.