Nan & Flock
I'm a bird behaviorist, owned by budgerigars, lovebirds, cockatiels, finches, greys, conures, button quail, and cockatoos...Welcome!
(Translation for all the Americans: a budgerigar, or budgie, is a parakeet.)
Break out of someone else's frames here
Problems with your bird's behavior? Maybe you should take a look at this book: "Guide to a Well Behaved Parrot" by Mattie Sue Athan.
It's written clearly. It's cheap. Your bird will be happier with you. You will be happier with your bird. Yes, budgies, cockatiels and lovebirds qualify as parrots. You'll be glad you got this book. Besides, there are neat little stories at the end of it.
Stuff to See and Do at This Web Site (all pages load pretty quickly):
- Parrot & other bird pictures.
- Cute budgie pictures.
- Educational budgie pictures. The most popular item on this site.
- Page 1: budgie digging, pieds, how to tell boys from girls- part 1
- Page 2: how to tell boys from girls-part 2, opaline, cinnamon, albino, lutino
- Page 3: greys, greens, blues, violet, yellow faces
- Page 4: greywing, scaley mites, sweet smelling babies
- Page 5: bird sex, spangles
- Page 6: fighting, courting, yellowface albinos, crests
- Pictures of a crested budgie (semicircular(?) crest)
- Pictures of a cute young clearwing budgie
- Pictures of a baby lovebird, at 11 and 28 days, & three months. (slowest loading)
- Pictures of a pied lovebird with red suffusion.
How to know if your birds' eggs are fertile (candling)
Information on Feather PluckingFinally complete!
Nan's No-Tech Genetics. PAINLESS bird genetics:
True Two-Minute Mystery: Who Killed the Lovebird?
Humor "How To Stuff Your Thanksgiving Eclectus" by Marge Little, and "How To Rid Your Yard Of Dandelions" by Nancy Carr
Memorial Page for departed birds; add a name if you wish.
Links.Updated April 5, 2006.
Web rings and stuff.
Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
I'm very glad you visited. Please come back soon.
Copyright 1998-2005 All Rights Reserved. ALL photos and text copyrighted 1998-2006. No use or duplication allowed!
My many thanks to the folks at
for their generosity and support.
They make it easy to have your own Free Home Page