New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- If you try to signup a player that is already signed-up, it will highlight
the player in the bracket.
- Rearranged the Options menu to make it easier to find options (I
hope!) by grouping similar functions under a sub-menu.
- Added Post assignments manually option in the Options/Hosting
options menu.. This allows mass next-round postings after the current
round has completed. The match timer only starts after the assignments have
been posted by clicking on the Copy button for the table.
- Added an option to Display match time remaining rather than how
long since the match has been started. The option can be found in the Options/Hosting
- For the non Rapid-Assign users, adding a player now has a history list
that appears so you can quickly select a player from the list. This works in
the same way as the history in Internet Explorer. You can edit/view the
history in Options/Recent player history.
- Added two new messages: Next
assignment for the losers in double and triple elimination formats.
- Fixed the Triple-elimination format with the new Zone layout.
- Fixed automatic 2nd round byes. You will have great difficulty getting it
- Hopefully, I've fixed the main problems Win98/Me users have been
having editing messages and macros (fingers crossed).
- Fixed the auto-posting of the loser's message
when the winner gets a bye.
- Fixed a problem where removing a player in round 1 after the tourney has
been closed caused the bracket arrangement to go weird.
- TOC version only has 150 tables now rather than the previous 250.
- New installer, with support info in Add/Remove Programs.
New features in version 126.96.36.199:
- Updated auto-post to work with the new Zone.
- Please not this is not an installable version,
but a quick update to be copied over version 188.8.131.52 below.
New features in version 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed up a bug where new macro files could not be edited.
- Fixed posting of disabled auto-post messages.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- Added blue highlighting for players that have ever received a bye.
- Added another message for the finals
message, so there is a single and a two player version.
- The messages can also be selectively disabled from being auto-posted into
- Improved the logging feature a bit.
- Fixed tabbing to the next controls.
- Added two date tokens: %< and %>
for the middle and right time zones of the status bar (normally EST and PST
- Fixed up restoring tournaments after they have finished.
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- Added a logging feature that logs all the step taken during the course of
an entire tournament. This log file is useful to supply if you run into any
problems that you would like fixed.
- Reversed the reversed Rules/Start times.
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- Added highlighting to the find player feature. Any players containing the
find player letters will be highlighted in green in the bracket.
- A notification now pops up for losers that get a bye in the next round.
- Fixed up bugs introduced in 126.96.36.199 (that's what I get for a hasty
New features in version 188.8.131.52:
- Make 2nd round byes a lot better, including the option of random byes or
last matches get the byes. This feature can be found in the Formats/Options
- Added new standard messages including:
3rd place winner message and a custom
- Added a new token for GMT (UTC) time
(%g) and another token for the co-host name (%k).
- Fixed up a couple of problems involving ZoneFriends, the macro toolbar and
hopefully other fixes (need testers for that!).
New features in version 184.108.40.206:
- Added a new message for single-player sign-ups in a 4 player/table (2
teams of 2 players) tournament.
- Added a new feature that gives all byes in Round 2 of a single-elim
tournament. To enable this feature, select Assign byes in Round 2 in
the Formats/Options menu.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- Added Auto-Post support for Euchre, Ants and other similar lobbies,
including a 51 table number limit for these lobbies.
- Added auto-capitalisation of names for macro posts (the names remain the
same within the bracket, and are only capitalised in the lobby).
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- Fixed up team assignments for Spades & Hearts (when signing up).
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- Added support for Spades & Hearts hosts with organisation for two
teams of two players/team at a table.
- Wheel mouse now works within the brackets.
- Each bracket and round remembers the top-most visible table when you
change round views.
- The "Find player" feature now shows the player in the bracket
(if they are still seated).
- The "Find player" feature can also locate table numbers where
players are currently seated.
- New method of calculating the tables for each round has been implemented
which solves all the previous problems of extra or missing tables.
- Other miscellaneous fixes over previous 1.1.5.x versions (like restoring
New features in version 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed an unusual problem with overlapping tables, and in some rare
circumstances, a player is not assigned to the next round! It leaves gaps
that never get filled.
- Fixed another rare problem where the banned player list keeps getting
- Limited the number of players added to the tourney preventing an overflow
condition causing the program to crash (ie. you cannot add a 129th player
- And finally fixed a very rare problem where the restore would fail.
New features in version 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed a message problem with double/triple-elim formats where in a
non-winners bracket, the post sometimes said that the player was playing in
- Fixed a problem where the details (points, table numbers, etc) of latter
rounds are not saved in the format or correctly in restore files.
- Fixed another problem where the match points are not restored.
New features in version 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed a problem with the macros, where the macros wouldn't load in Windows
95, 98 and Me.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- Added triple-elimination tourney format
- Added support banned player management support.
- Improved the macro facilities allowing macros to have a different caption
in the toolbar than in the menu (typically, the toolbar will have an
abbreviated name), and the toolbar button will show the normal macro name.
- All macros can now be assigned a Hot-Key.
- Toolbar macros are now sorted according to the sort in the Macro Manager.
- Macros can now be sorted quickly by dragging the macro up or down the list
in the Macro Manager.
- Match points can now be automatically selected according to the number of
players in the tourney (mainly used in progressive style formats).
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd player points are now separate bonus points, which can
also be set to absolute values, regardless of points earned in previous
- Added new %o token to represent the opponent's name, and now multiple
%p tokens can be used in a macro for the player's name.
- The add/find player and host/start times can now be minimised to create
more space for the brackets on the screen. Also, in multi-elim formats, the
brackets can also be minimised in a vertical bracket arrangement.
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- Added a seven day trial period for hosts to use the bracket while waiting
for a registration number.
- Added a new macro capability where you can run macros for a specific
player in the bracket. This means you can use %p, %r and %t tokens
to create your own custom macros. Right-mouse click on a player to activate
the macro for that player.
- Can now sign up players to any specific table.
- Can now have more than one bye in any round. You can even leave gaps in
Round 1 when you close signups.
- Auto-post has been extended where it can now post both the winner's
assignment and the loser's assignment in one click. Activate this feature by
ticking Auto-post loser's message instantly in the Options
- Completed matches can now be hidden in the bracket. To activate this
feature, tick Hide completed matches in the Options menu.
- Most questions and notifications can now be turned off.
- The two US clocks in the "status bar" at the bottom of the
bracket can now be configured to show any time-zone in the world.
Right-mouse click on it to select the time-zones to be displayed.
- Tables can be marked as "Do not assign" so no assignments,
regardless of the round, will be assigned to the marked table number.
Right-mouse click on the table number to mark/unmark it.
- Table numbers are now shown in the active boot summary list.
- Rapid-Assign and Auto-post now work properly together (that is, all
messages are now posted in the lobby!).
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- A major bug that has been around since version 126.96.36.199 with removing
players has been found and fixed.
- Bugs introduced in 188.8.131.52 with reassigning a win to another table has
- Found out some people use the Auto-post feature to preview the text
without entering it into the lobby. This feature was removed from 184.108.40.206
and how now been re-introduced as a new item called Use Auto-post preview
mode in the Options menu.
- And, for those Cribbage folk, I have added a new feature for a fixed
number of points for the winner of the winner's bracket in the Double Elim
- Also fixed up a minor bug in 220.127.116.11 where editing a macro that was in
the toolbar popped an error message about sorted lists.
- And fortunately, Auto-Post and Rapid-Assign still work the same with the
new Zone update.
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- At last... found the problem with Rapid-Assign not restoring the list!
It now restores the list without problems.
- An additional toolbar for custom macros that can be inserted. To select a
macro to be shown in the toolbar, edit the appropriate macro and select Show
this Macro in the Toolbar.
- Saving the tournament as a text file has been improved, and also has a CSV
- Smarter Auto-post where if the room disconnects or crashes, and you go
into the room again, the tool will find the window again (shown by a little
indicator near the top-right corner of the brackets).
- There is an option to select where all the files are stored rather than a
- Also, if you forget to close the bracket before the first round finishes,
it will close it for you.
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- Since Rapid-Assign still isn't automatically restoring the original
ZoneFriends list on some computers, there is new a "search for lists
and restore" option in the Options menu.
- Fixed up a problem with overlapping tables causing players to disappear
off the bracket!
- Also added an option to select whether the lobby list is in the main menu
bar of in the Options menu.
New features in version 126.96.36.199:
- New Rapid-Assign feature using your
ZoneFriends to speed up sign-ups! With this feature, you only need to do
two-clicks to sign up players!
- New right-mouse click menu item to state both players at a table have left
- Made sign-ups resistant to macros being accidentally run in the tool.
- Can select the auto-post lobby now when starting a new tournament.
- Moved the lobby menu into the Options menu, and can now also unselect the
- Added a feature to automatically reset boot counts on next assignment.
- Added ability to reset the table timer (right-mouse click on the match
- Also added a feature to set up a Ctrl+V macro for the time remaining at a
table (also right-mouse click on the match timer).
- Fixed up restore menu so it restores the file you were working on if your
- Added web-site links to the About box (that is, you can click on them!).
- And improved Rapid-Assign over versions 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- The ability to import and export tournament formats. For example,
directors of rooms can upload formats for the tournaments held in their room
and hosts can click on the format in the discussion board to install it.
- Fixed the Copy button for the winner of the loser's bracket in a
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- New summary area to the right of the brackets that show: Players who've
received a bye; Active boots; Overdue tables; and Current player points.
- Improved boot capabilities accessible by right-mouse clicking on the boot
button. Options include: Clear boot count; Decrement boot count; Silently
cancel boot timing; and Clear booted state.
- Starting tables for each round can now be stored as part of each format,
rather than globally for all formats.
- Unscheduled hosting points have been added.
- Reminders can now be issued to the host when a match is getting close to
the time-limit. Reminder time intervals include: 15, 10 and 5 minutes before
the schedule match time is up. Also, a new standard
message for pasting a time reminder into the table (have to use Ctrl+V
- All files are now backed up so a tournament can be restored, even after a
catastrophic computer failure.
- Silent win capability has been added (right-mouse click on the win check
- The number of players have been improved to show how many players are left
from the number that started.
- The format editor now has a button to insert a default message that can be
- Started adding support for 256 player TOC tournaments (I can do it now for
special requests - if you have a suitably powerful computer)!
- The display of the bracket with different screen resolutions has been
- All sub-boxes, including the character map will not disappear off the edge
of the screen.
- Rearranged the menus a little bit to make it more consistent.
- Hopefully, Windows 95 users can use it too!
- Other little issues have been fixed too.
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- Added a new %d token which inserts the maximum match duration into the
- Fixed certain aspects where the table counts were reset, and the close
operation could not fix it. Now the table counts cannot be reset after the
tournament has been closed (the original intent).
- Fixed up the labels for the e-mail spaces introduced in the previous
- The player points allocations are now stored as part of the file so when a
tournament is restored, the points are as well.
- The opponent who timed out can now be part of the "Boot timed
out" format with a second %p token.
- Registration process is now more intuitive.
- And some other minor nigglies have been fixed.
New features in version 126.96.36.199:
- Customisable boot times for that can be assigned to each format. The default is seven minutes.
- Ability to set the match times for each round, and if a match goes over time, the table will start flashing on the screen.
- E-mail spaces now available for 3rd place(s).
- New feature that can move and sort macros.
- Now has support for bonus points for the winner of the loser's bracket winning the first match in the final
(only applicable to double-elims).
- Found and fixed a bug where the winner of the loser's bracket didn't get points after the tourney is restored.
- Can automatically re-numbers tables if no space is available for the next assignment. Most useful if overlapping tables is a problem.
New features in version 188.8.131.52:
- Added an "always on top" feature in the Options menu.
- Added a "view byes" feature in the Options menu that allows the host to view all players that have received a
bye in the tourney.
- Removed the "feature" introduced in version 184.108.40.206 that automatically removed a booted player from the
loser's bracket in a double-elim.
- Fixed up a minor bug.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- Another improvement for e-mail! When registering, the info is shown before e-mailed just in case the default e-mail
handler doesn't work.
- Added speed buttons for the actions.
- Made the initialisation more robust.
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- Improved e-mail support (hopefully!) and uses your own e-mail program to send the e-mails.
- Implemented double-elim bonus points for Winner of Winner's Bracket for waiting extra rounds.
- In double-elims, auto-removes player after disqualification or permanent boot in winner's bracket (ie. doesn't show up
in the losers bracket).
- Macros/New works now!
- Fixed up a DQ bug.
New features in version 22.214.171.124:
- Now requires registration and has no time limits. Registration is required to keep control on who has it, and to keep it only for
hosts and not general players.
- DQ feature: right-mouse click on the player to DQ and select "Disqualify". Players DQed do not get points.
- Improve support for points, including inbuilt e-mail capabilities.
- Points file includes statistics on all players.
- Fixed up the round number for byes!
New features in version 126.96.36.199:
- Smart "Restore" button - shows a list of the last 5 tourneys that have been open. To access it, click on the little down arrow on
the side of the "Restore" button. Also similarly, a "Recent tourney" menu item in the "File" menu shows the same thing.
- Macros can now be edited, and different files can be selected as well. See the "Macro" menu. Delays are entered the same as in KBE.
- Changed default location for all data files to minimize clutter in user's "My Documents" folder. It is now a sub-folder under
"My Documenets" called "NoJoks Tourney Bracket Files".
- If a message is not defined in a format, a default message will be used instead. This make the above note less important!
- Fixed up reported match points (ie. for assignments in the lobby) for custom point formats.
- A slightly more contemporary look!
New features in version 188.8.131.52:
- After a tourney is closed, players can now be removed from round 2 onwards. This is specially useful in double-elim tourneys when a
winner in the winner's bracket resigns, or a first-time loser leaves the tourney accidentally instead of playing in the loser's bracket.To remove a player, right-mouse click on the player and select
"Remove player" from the pop-up menu. All future rounds will be recalculated if affected by the removal. USE THIS FEATURE WISELY
(but can be undone! see next point!)
- Undo/Redo feature (after a tourney has started). It is located at the bottom of the "Action" menu. It can undo match results, removal of
players and reassignment of players. To undo an "undo", select "redo" to reverse the last
- Players who win (or 1st loss in double-elim) and their next round assignment is a bye, the next round table is not posted in the lobby
to reduce player confusion.
New features in version 184.108.40.206:
- Little star in tabs to highlight at a glance which rounds contains a bye.
- Right-mouse click on a player (or it's win box) to either move the player to another seat, or assign the win and moving seats at the same time.
Select "Reassign player to different table" from the popup menu.
New features in version 220.127.116.11:
- Restricted the power of match cancellation. Can now only cancel matches that do not have a result for the affected players in the next round.
New features in version 18.104.22.168:
- New format editor which allows each message to contain more than one line.
- Two new messages added to the format: "All Start" and "Announce Winners". NOTE: You must edit your formats to enter these messages, otherwise
nothing will appear in the lobby!
- Lobby menu now refreshes automatically.
- Added a Lobby/Diagnostics menu item for people who are having difficulties
with the auto-post feature.
- Unified editable format macros into an "Actions" menu, and left custom global macros in a renamed "Macro" menu.