The Black Country Reunion Home Page
Report on The First Annual
The Black Country Family History and Genealogy Reunion is a part of RootsWeb
"Av yo sin them pikchers Ayli? They'm bostin peepul an it luks loike they ad a bostin toime an orl. We wud a bin there if yo ad tuk that left turn as wen we left Marbella." Graham (greyhawk) Hawker
Our Thanks to Dave Ogden who came up with this wonderful list of events- and for the help of a few other loyal BC-List members.
4. The Leathern Bottel (front snug, good food available very cheaply) meet up and natter.This is the official Pub of this list. The Port and Ale is the alternate pub for us.
1. Visit to Soho HouseHandsworth (Home of Matthew Boulton) Soho Avenue, Handsworth, 18th Century Home of industrial pioneer Matthew Boulton and St.Mary's Church Handsworth.
2. Followed by visit to Aston Hall (Aston Juxta).
This magnificant door was the entrance to the museum of a house. The visit is FREE and well worth the time it takes to wander through the rooms.
3. Dinner at the Britannia Hotel http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/hotels/britwolv.html
Photos from the dinner at the Britannia http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/bmag
2. Birmingham Local History Library (6th Floor Library building) and Archive (6th Floor).
More about them can be seen at their site at http://www.sherbornewharf.co.uk
5. Dinner buffet- the place is "The Port & Ale " Horseley Heath Tipton
Pictures at the Port & Ale
Sun 15th Oct
Sun 15th Oct
1.Black Country Living Museum We needed 20 to get the group rate.Pictures
Next BC Reunion, May 19-28, 2001 - Add it to your calendar.