2001 2002 Annual Goals (stay tuned!)
- Tag Sale to benefit World Trade Center tragedy relief efforts 9/22/01. Residents and local businesses (including Flour Bakery Café & Pet Shop Girls) contributed merchandise that garnered over $2000.
$1000 was donated to each of the following relief funds:
- Red Cross Disaster Fund (plus matching funds)
- Squad 1 Benefit
- School Funds (evenly distributed among Public Schools 89, 150 & 234, and Intermediate School 89)
Additionally, unsold kitchenware & clothing was donated to the Womens Lunch Place (Newbury Street). Other unsold items were given to neighborhood organizations.
- Pumpkin Sale to raise funds for a new, larger American flag for the Blackstone Square flagpole 10/20/01. The sale of ½ ton of pumpkins & raffle tickets netted over $200 to be used to purchase a new 8x12 American flag. Additionally, the Association has asked the Parks & Recreation Department to replace the light bulbs at the top of the flagpole.
Special thanks to the Epicurean Meat Market, South End Video & Code 10 for the donation of merchandise which garnered $95 in raffle proceeds!
- Restoration & Improvement of Blackstone & Franklin Squares, in partnership with The Friends of Blackstone & Franklin Squares
- Community Art Window the Walgreens window on West Concord Street is devoted to the non-commercial display of creative works by community organizations on a rotating basis. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Safe Trick or Treating" program 10/31/01. The Association will distribute again this year a list of "safe homes" where well-behaved trick or treaters will be welcome!
- Free flu shots to be given at the November Association Meeting! The next meeting will be held in the South End Health Center on Thursday November 15th, from 7 9p.m. Free flu shots will be given on a first come/first served basis (adults only).
Calendar - CHECK HERE OFTEN!
- 01-02 Executive Meeting Schedule (Franklin House Library, 7:30pm)
- 8/28, 9/24, 10/30, 11/20, 12/18, 1/29, 2/26, 3/26, 4/30, 5/28, 6/25, 7/30
- 01-02 General Meeting Schedule (Franklin House Library, 7p.m.)
- 9/11, 10/9, 11/15, 12/11, 1/8, 2/12, 3/12, 4/9, 5/14, 6/11, 7/9, 8/13
- Special Events -
- 10/20/01 Pumpkin Sale, Blackstone Square 10 3
- 10/27/01 Fall Clean Up
- 11/25/01 Holiday Wreath Bow Tying
- 12/2/01 Wreath Sale
- 4/9/02 Nominating Committee formed
- 4/28/02 Spring Clean Up
- 5/14/02 Nominations Announced
- 6/11/02 Elections held
- Pine Street Inn Dinners - TBA
Meeting Minutes (stay tuned!)