Copyright © 2007
Kiwanis Division 2 of
All Rights Reserved.
|WESTERN CANADA DISTRICT -The Western Canada District originally was organized as the Manitoba District because Winnipeg was the only club in the
area at the time. The organization meeting was in Winnipeg on October 9, 1918, and H. B. Andrews was selected as
governor. With the establishment of clubs in various surrounding territories, the district name was changed to Middle
Provinces and finally to Western Canada at the request of district leaders. Winnipeg hosted another convention October 14,1919, when P. M. Anderson of Regina, Saskatchewan, was elected governor. In Brandon in 1920, Fred W. Hobson was
selected and at Saskatoon in 1921, Dr. V. E. Black of Moose Jaw was chosen to be governor. The first club in the district
was Winnipeg, completed June 15, 1915. The second club was Brandon on February 7, 1919, and the third was Regina on
March 11, 1919.
Division 2 came into being when the District incorporated
August 31, 1962. At that time the boundary was spelled out and
is stated in the bylaws. It states that the territorial limits
of Division 2 shall be that part of the Province of Manitoba
east of 99 West Longitude, which is close to MacGregor between
Portage la Prairie and Brandon