This page is hosted by
Get your own FREE WEB PAGE.
The Hall of Honor
The Hall of Mages
Portals Through Krynn
Iaido (Art of the Sword)
Note: Everything in Navy is not online yet.
Webmaster of this site is
Last updated: 08/01/97.
The Dragonlance copyright is owned by TSR©.
Note: This page has not offically been updated. I am currently remodeling the
whole page due to overwhelming requests on list changes.
This grand hall was constructed for the purposes of researching the magic of Krynn. While the Knighthood may officially renounce
the practice of the magical arts, it is not blind to the threat these powers pose. It is one of my responsibilities to assure that the
Knights be prepared for any magical attack they may encounter. Herein is a short listing of what I have found thus far.
This page is once again under construction. The following changes will occur:
High Sorcery Test description
Top Ten Greatest Mages of Krynn
Other Great Mages of Krynn
|The Master of the Tower|
|The Shadow Sorcerer|
|Lillith the Nightlord|
Because of the overwhelming response about my mage list I have decided to set this form up
to take a poll to find out what everyone thinks. Please list your ideas for placement in the format
shown above. When I get around 50 votes I will post the results so far. After 100 or so votes I will make
that the final list. Vote as many times as you want. The more support each mage has, the better the placement.
My reasons for the Top Ten List above
1. Palin studied magic in general and as a whole. Others, like Raist and Fist, studied only that which
would further their individual goals.
2. Raistlin is as high as he is for obvious reasons. Some argue he should be higher but I have yet to
receive a valid argument as to why. NOTE: Him becoming a god is invalid for the simple reason that both himself
and Fist were the only high ranking mages to actively pursue that goal. How do you know someone else could not
achieve that status?
3. The 3 listed mages are the ones who created the Orders of High Sorcery and are the the ones
taken in the Lost Citadel. I moved these three based on the fact that, yes they did unleash awesome powers
in their time but, they could not control it.
4. Magius is here because he mastered every Order of Magic and Wild Magic.
5. Fistandantilus is here because his power was only in a very limited scope
in the broad range of magic available.
6. Galen is placed after Fist because he was the closest one to his equal.
7. Megistal bested Khistalin and continued to create the Orders of high Sorcery.
8. Khistalin is here because of the power he mastered through the scions teaching.
9. Dalamar is here because his master taught him well.
10. Justarius is here because he attained a high level of power early on and continued to grow.
Note: Should I learn who the mages are who created the Dragon Orbs and the Towers themselves,
depending on their history this list could change drastically. I am very close to finding out the mages
who created the Towers so please check back.
Major Historical Magical Events
- **FIRST DRAGON WAR**: Elves fought the Dragons for the
magical forest of what is
now known as Silvanesti. The Elves used five magical gems to trap
the essences of the Dragons. The three gods of magic were banished
for their interference.
- Greygem Forged & Released: The Three gods of magic had Hiddukel
convince Reorx to make a gem in the image of Krynn. The gods of
magic then filled the gem with their essence and tricked Reorx to
releasing it on Krynn. Magic returned with the gem.
- The Greygem's Arrival: Some of the Smiths who freed the Greygem
were turned Scions. Most of the other Smiths became Gnomes. These
Gnomes followed the Greygem across the sea to the eastern shores
in the Bay of Nordmaar on Ansalon.
- Greygem Captured: Lord Gargath used two stones, Pathfinder and
Spellbinder, along with wild magic to draw and capture the
Greygem. When the Gnomes arrived and demanded the Greygem back he
hired Humans, Minatours, Ogres, Giants, & Goblins to defend it.
The Gnomes had Humans, Ogres, & Elves on their side. After 3
attempts the Greygem was freed from its magical prison. The races
present were changed as follows: From Gnomes came Dwarves &
Kender; From Humans came Sirens & Shadow People; From Elves came
Dargonesti & Dimernesti; From Minatours came Thanoi; From giants
came Trolls; From Goblins came Kobolds, Hobgoblins, & Bugbears;
From Animals came magical animals such as Pegasus & Griffons.
- Dragon Stones are discovered: The Dwarves of Thorin find the five
stones that the Elves used to imprison the Dragon essences. Not
trusting the magical stones they cast them out of their kingdom.
- **SECOND DRAGON WAR**: Upon finding the stones the Dwarves
the Dragons. Three wild mages and a scion used their power and
commanded the ground to swallow the Dragons for all time. The
Dragons were defeated but magic ran wild and thousands died.
Fearful of punishment the mages called upon the gods of magic. The
gods took the tower they were in from the world. This became known
as the Lost Citadel.
- Towers of High Sorcery: The three lost mages created laws of
magic and instructed their brethren to construct five bastions of
magic. Thus the Towers of High Sorcery came into existence.
- Siege on Sorcery: Urged by the Kingpriest the
people attacked the Towers of High Sorcery in what is called
the Lost Battles. Two of the towers nearly fell. So to protect
the magic held within, the mages destroyed them. Fearful of the
power, the Kingpriest granted safe passage if the mages left. He
the took the tower in Istar as his own.
39 / 357
- Dwarfgate Wars: Mountain Dwarves of Thorbardin closed
their kingdom to Man and Dwarven refugees. Fistandantilus leads
the refugees against Thorbardin and eventually destroys both
armies in a magical blast from within Zhaman (which transformed
- War of the Twins: Novel about Caramon, Tasselhoff, and
Crysania's adventures in the time of the Cataclysm and Dwarfgate
War and their quest to stop Raistlin.