"A Brief Spot in Pro Football History"
Yearly Records1910 1911 1912
1913 1914 1915
Yearly Records1915 1916 1917
1918 1919 1920
1921 1922 1923
1924 1925 1926
1910 1911 1912
Yearly Records1920 1921
Muncie, Indiana, nicknamed the Magic City, has had semi-pro and professional football dating back to as early as 1905 when the community of Congerville formed a team. During the early part of the 1900's, many Midwestern cities grew by annexing neighboring communities into their own city. Muncie was no different. Muncie annexed the neighboring communities of Congerville, Heekin Park and Avondale during the 1910's and 1920's. Little is left of these original communities other than an occasional reference in a bank, grocery store or city park.
Muncie is located about 85 miles south of Fort Wayne and 65 miles northeast of Indianapolis in the east central section of Indiana. Click here
-- 08/13/09 --
- updated 1919 rosters for Congerville Flyers and Avondale AC
-- 03/30/07 --
- updated Muncie scores from 1915 to 1923
-- 03/22/07 --
- updated Cincinnati and Dayton scores for 1910-14
-- 02/24/07 --
- updated all Illinois pages, including teams game results
-- 12/23/06 --
- updated historical games for Jackson(MI), Kalamazoo and Toledo
-- 12/01/06 --
- updated historical games for Illinois (Kewanee, Peoria, Rock Island, Pekin, Spring Valley)
-- 11/26/06 --
- updated Ohio Rankings for 1913-1919
-- 11/08/06 --
- added link for Flyers All-Time Record Against Opponents
-- 11/07/06 --
- updated 1916 games for Racine Regulars
This information on this site mostly pertains to the Muncie Congerville AC and the Muncie Congerville Flyers. The 1920 Muncie Flyers were one of the original 14 teams in the APFA (American Professional Football Association). The APFA changed its name to the NFL in 1922.
The Flyers played 1 league game in 1920 and 2 league games in 1921 before dropping out of the league. The Flyers did continue to be one of the top independents teams in eastern Indiana during the 1920's.
Click on the links below to learn more information on the Congerville AC and Muncie Flyers teams
Click to the left for season-by-season game results and stories.
Other Links to Football Historical Sites: