The Trip Resource Page
|A horticulture experiment in the works!|
|Welcome weed smokers! We don't care if you smoke weed every other day, every day, twice a day, five times a day, or enough to kill an average person (like me) or don't smoke weed at all . As long as you have an open mind (which weed will do for you) we don't care.|
|Since the best words are usually someone elses, I'll start this page with a quote, courtesy of the anarchist cookbook:
What Big Brother Doesn't Want You To Know. (all facts can be verified)
1. Cannabis and hemp are the same. "Marijuana" was the Mexican name given to cannabis.
2. Cannabis was first cultivated in China around 4000 B.C.
3. The original drafts of the Declaration of Independence were written on hemp paper.
4. One acre of hemp will produce as much paper as four acres of trees.
5. Hemp is a source of fiber for cloth and cordage for rope. The hemp fiber is located inside the long stem of the plant.
6. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp. Washington, our first president, declared," Make the most of the hemp seed. Sow it everywhere."
7. Hemp seed is nature's perfect food. the oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats.
8. Sterilized hemp seed is commonly sold as bird seed.
9. Rolling papers, like Bambu, are made from hemp paper.
10. In 1937, the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act Prohibited the use, sale, and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States.
11. Five years later, during World War II, the U.S. Department of Agriculture released the film, " HEMP FOR VICTORY, " which encouraged American farmers to grow hemp for the war effort.
12. Hemp is cultivated all over the world. Today, China, Korea, Italy, Hungary, Russia, and France are among the countries that grow hemp for fiber, paper, and other products.
13. Cannabis is classified as a schedule 1 drug by the Food and Drug Administration. Designated as a narcotic, it cannot be prescribed by physicians to patients.
14. In 1988, the DEA's own administrative law judge concluded that "Marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man."
15. Cannabis can be used as a medicine to treat nausea, pain, and muscle spasms. It alleviates symptoms of glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, AIDS, migraines, and other debilitating ailments.
16. Thirty-five states have passed legislation permitting medical use of marijuana.
17. Twelve Americans receive prescribed marijuana from the U.S. government.
18. More than 400,000 Americans are arrested each year on marijuana charges.
19. More than 400,000 Americans die from diseases related to cigarette smoking each year. More than 150.000 Americans die of alcohol abuse each year. But in 10,000 years of usage, NO ONE has EVER died from marijuana.
Keep in mind that this was written about four years ago, and fortunately the United States has progressed somewhat over the last few years, therefore some of the preceding information may be inaccurate. Canada of course is a bit farther ahead. New founder! as of recent we have got a new founder to the stoner's basement, next door neighbour and smoking buddy of Ozzy, Kurt Cobong is a welcome edition to the club!
|My Thoughts On The Matter|
|My Briefcase - Contains cool songs and an amazing interview|
|My Photo Album - Good potshots and cool pictures|
|My Profile - Funny as hell|
|The Stoners Basement||- Club
|The Stoners' Basement is a great place for weed smokers to chill. It's made by my good online bud ozzy_ozbong and co-founded my me: trips and now co-founded maryajane299 as well|
|Yummy Marijuana Recipes!|
|Please feel to e-mail me with opposing viewpoints, support or feedback. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Weed Smokers From Around the World|