"Hungarian" genealogy is ambiguous, since Hungary geographically is not the same as Hungary lingually and not the same as Hungary ethnically. This page includes Hungarians in all the different senses of the word, since in my family, it is difficult, if not impossible, to truly separate them. I don't know how ethnically Hungarian the Mokos family was; the Vlosak family was Hungarian, Slovak, or both, depending on who you talk to; and I don't know whether the Gosztonyi family is Hungarian, or in what sense.
Current resources available online:
- My Hungarian Mokos family
- Mokosékom(magyarul / in Hungarian)
- My "Hungarian" Vlossak family - from geneweb
- My "Hungarian" Vlossak family - new format
- Ancestry of "Hungarian" (really Slovak) Vlossak family
- My Gosztonyi Cousins of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Gosztonyi immigrants to the United States
- Current research on place names in Hungary
Last updated: November 27, 2004.
Return to Genealogy Home