What is epilepsy?
What causes epilepsy?
What are the symptoms?
WHAT IS ACUTE TOXIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
Acute toxic encephalopathy is caused by the abrupt appearance of symptoms and signs of the central nervous system in the course of primary diseases. The reason of the desease is unknown. The disease may be associated with immunoreaction to infection and its toxin invading the brain tissue directly. In Acupuncture, this is called 'jing feng'(infantile convulsion).
1. It may occur at any age, but usually in infants from 1 to 3 years old. The brain damage always follow by the primary disorders within a few days or 1 to 2 weeks after their attack.
2. The diagnosis is usually abrupt with high fever, headache, vomiting, restlessness, convulsion, coma, delayed reaction to light, always come with holotonia, decerebrate rigidity. Some of the patients may have the symptoms of meningeal irritation, increased or reduced of tendon reflex and have cerebellar symptoms, such as ataxia and kinetic tremor.
3. The lab exam shows that cerebrospinal fluid is clear. All are normal only the pressure is high and sometimes there is a slight increase of protein.
4. By fundus exam, Arteriolar spasm, blood stasis of small vein and retinal edema can be observed.
TYPES OF SYNDROMES
1. Always seen in the stage of cerebral edema of toxic encephalopathy, in the case of the primary disease, with abrupt high fever, headache, vomiting, restlessness, delirium, drowsiness, convulsions of the limbs, involuntary staring, lockjaw or unconsciousness, deep-red tongue with yellow and dry fur, stiffness of the extremities and neck, either taut and rapid or slippery and rapid pulse.
Epilepsy is a disease which defined as paroxysmal and temporary disturbance of brain characterized by loss of consciousness or muscle tic or abnormal sensation, emotion and behaviour.
Main symptoms are sudden panic, confusion and loss of self-control, frighten and may be alarm and restlessness, crying with fear during sleep...
Main symptoms are convulsion of extremities during a fit epilepsy, unconsciousness, headache and abdominal pain, come with stridor produced by phlegm in the throat..
Main symptoms are with a history of birth injury or trauma which characterized as paroxysmal localized headache, occasional vomiting...