Word 2000 is a word processor with which you can create and edit text in notes, memos, letters, school papers, business documents, books, Internet Web pages, survey forms, and even graphic-based multicolumn publications such as newsletters.
(1) How to use the Mouse to click :
The Start button <Start> from which you display the Windows 2000 Start Menu (you can start any Windows program).
The Taskbar is the Windows bar at the bottom of your screen that displays all programs currently running.
(2) How to start or launch Word 2000 :
and click (Select)
and click (Select)
<Microsoft Word> icon to start quickly.
(3) Menu Commands and Toolbars :
(4) Short-cut Menu:
(5) Basic Editing Skills :
proper typing skills -
proper correcting skills -
The proper inserting and typeover skills -
(6) Internet Explorer Interface :
Menu, Point and click <View><Toolbars> : click Web
(7) Send as email file attachment or fax at Microsoft Outlook :
Menu, Point and click <View><Toolbars> : click Reviewing
Attach and Send
with documents :
(9) Saving a Document :
The work you have completed is stored in your computer's temporary memory. To save your work for further use, you must give the document a name and store it on your computer's hard disk drive.
(10) Closing a Document and Quitting Word
(11) Formating Character, Paragraph, document - add style and flair to your writing, helping your writing look better.. remember to type your text before formatting.
(12) Basic Mouse Skills for Text Selection : MAGIC
and click (Select)
(13) Undo and Redo :
you perform an action that is not what you intended, you can
reverse the action with the Undo command or if you want to Redo command.
(14) Copying, Cutting, Pasting:
you change your mind about the placement of the contents onto
your document you can change the way you've placed text
in your onto
to make a copy of selected document text and send a copy of that
selected text to the Windows
is an area of memory reserved for text, graphics, and other kind
to send the Windows
to a location inside your document.
to delete or erase the selected text and send that text to the
for later pasting elsewhere. Cutting and Pasting means moving the text.
and Click <View><Toolbars>
Copy & Paste : duplicate the Clipboard content
Cut & Paste : move the Clipboard content
(15) On-line Typing Test What is your typing speed in w.p.m? www.typingmaster.com
(16) Set Margins, Header & Footer - Header contains text that appears at the top of your document page; Footer contains text that appears at the bottom of your document page...such as insert date, time, page etc.
(17) Print Preview for previewing any Windows 2000 document using the WYSIWYG (pronounced wizzy-wig) as an acronym for What You See Is What You Get, the concept that your screen shows your output as it will look on paper : Set Margins, Print Area and Print Order, Headers and Footers, etc.
(18) Managing Documents as you type with Proofing Tools : Speller Checker (acts as a dictionary, suggested spellings for mistyped words, grammar, hyphenation), Thesaurus (synonyms), Word Count, Find & Replace.
Word displays a red wavy line if a word is misspelled or unknown and displays a green wavy line to indicate incorrect or questionable grammar usage.
Click <Tools> Click <Spelling and Grammar>
Click <Tools> Click <Word Count>
(19) Printer subsystem is the Windows printer interface for direct printed output for all your Windows programs.
Bullets and Numbering, Outline-style Bullets and Numbering.
(Special Topic 2) Insert Pictures : <Insert>, <Picture>, <From File>, then use Picture tools to Wrap-Text e.g. Newsletter-format (set document with 2-column or 3-column).
Edwin Koh : Congratulations in Your New Knowledge and Skills.
|Edwin Koh InfoTech Learning|