Following are links to organizations related to Swami Rama or his teachings. Individual teachers are generally included in the websites of their respective organizations. Direct links to those initiated into the swami order by Swami Rama are given below where available. Other organizations or individual teachers will be added as they wish.
Of the biographical links about Swami Rama, none is better than the Swami Rama pages of the Himalayan Institute Hospital website in India.
(1) Organizations bearing the name Himalayan Institute may or may not be affiliated with other organizations using the name Himalayan Institute. Some of the organizations bearing the name Himalayan Institute may be affiliated with other organizations that are not themselves affiliated with the Himalayan Institute.
(2) The Himalayan International Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy of India is an independent organization founded in the early 1960's by Swami Rama, and is based in Delhi. In 1971, Swami Rama founded the Himalayan Institute of USA.
Around 1999, the Himalayan Institute of the USA also opened branches of its organization in India, both in Delhi and Allahabad. These have been named Himalayan Institute, Delhi Branch, and Allahabad Branch. The effect is that there are two unaffiliated organizations in India using the name Himalayan Institute (Himalayan Institute of USA and Himalayan Institute of India). They have separate leadership.
(3) Sadhana Mandir (Swami Rama's Ashram) of Rishikesh, India had been listed in promotional material as an affiliate of the Himalayan Institute of USA for many years. After Swami Rama left the body, this affiliation ended (the names of each has been deleted from promotional material of the other). According to promotional material, Swami Rama's Rishikesh Ashram now appears to be affiliated with the Meditation Center of Minneapolis USA, a group to which Swami Rama wrote their board of directors in 1990 that he "irrevocably" withdrew his support. Sadhana Mandir (Swami Rama's Ashram) is actually an independent trust related to the Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust. Swami Veda Bharati has also opened an ashram in Rishikesh in the years since Swami Rama left the body, and named it Swami Rama Sadhaka Gram. This new ashram is not affiliated with Sadhana Mandir (Swami Rama's Ashram) or the Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust. As of 2007 the trustees of the ashram trust have started new programs in light of the president of the trust moving out of the ashram into his own ashram (See Swami Rama Ashram / Sadhana Mandir)
(4) The Himalayan Yoga Meditation Society (HYMS) appears to be a new organization formed in the years since Swami Rama left the body, and mostly related to students of Swami Veda Bharati. Some of these organizations may bear the name Himalayan Yoga Meditation Center ("Center" rather than "Society"). The Meditation Center was founded in 1971 by Pandit Usharbudh Arya, possibly along with, with the blessings of, or under the instruction of Swami Rama.
(5) The Institute of the Himalayan Tradition (IHT) is a new organization originally formed in 1999 at a meeting held at the Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust in India, involving an international group of students of Swami Rama. As of 2001, The Alpha Institute and the Institute of the Himalayan Tradition are merged into one organization, IHT, based in St. Paul, Minnesota USA. Alpha Institute was originally known as Twin Cities Yoga Society, founded in 1971 by Charles Bates (Yogi Achala), possibly along with, with the blessings of, or under the instruction of Swami Rama. In 2003 Charles Bates founded Namaste Yoga Institute, an independent organization.