We got Georgia on our mind ...
They say life has many chapters. We closed 2001 with the highlight of the
boat parade celebration in Ft Lauderdale and Christmas shopping at W. Palm Beach
and Miami, and started 2002 island hopping the beautiful Florida Keys. This
year, Mai Thai got as far north as
Jekyll Island, Georgia. From here, we drove back to Philadelphia and Boston to
visit family and friends. The
buttons on the left provide a more detail account of our sea gypsy life
foggy morning at Jekyll Harbor Marina
here to see enlargement
What we did
- Dec 5, 2001 - Jan 5, 2002: Ft Lauderdale Isle of Venice Waterfront Inn
- Jan 6 - Feb 1: Island hopping from Key Biscayne to Key West.
- Feb 1 - Mar 2: Marathon Marina
- Mar 6 - Apr 6: Punta Gorda Fisherman's Village Marina
- Apr 6 - Apr 12: Left Punta Gorda to anchor at Point Blanco, Cayo
Costa and Captiva Islands for some shelling and swimming before
continuing on to the Caloosahatchee
River to LaBelle; Crossed Lake Okeechobee to
- Apr 13 - Jun 13: Fort Pierce City Marina
- May 10-19: Flew to San Francisco, CA for a wedding
- Jun 13 - 19: Cruised from Ft Pierce to Daytona Beach
- Jul 19 - 23: Cruised from Daytona Beach to Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Sep 5 - Oct 6: visit friends and families in Philadelphia and Boston (drive, not
- Jul 23 to Nov 7: Jekyll
Harbor Marina, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Nov 7 - Nov 21: Cruised from Jekyll Island, Georgia to Jacksonville, Fl;
took a detour to the St Johns River and went as far south as Sanford.
- Nov 21 - Dec 2: Spent Thanksgiving at Seabreeze with the Hanshus and their
friends. Boat was
hauled out for bottom painting and other maintenance at Cracker Boy.
- Dec 2 - Dec 6: Mai Thai was splashed, and on its merry way again. Cruised
from Ft Pierce to Miami.
- Dec 7: Checked into Rickenbacker
Marina, Key Biscayne, south of Miami