Monosyllabic Universal Language or Mul for short is a conlang (constructed language) which attempts to:
- Be As monosyllabic as possible.
- Easy to learn, speak, understand and use.
- Have minimal grammar and yet have optional grammar that can be used for clarification if necessary.
- Have minimal vocabulary.
- have minimal verbs.
- Have verbs with no aspect, person, tense, number or gender.
- Use mood particles/words which can modify the meaning of a word, clause or sentence.
- Be based mainly on the Germanic language family, especially English, German and Dutch but I've even borrowed from Gothic, Old Saxon, and Norse. The reasons for which I give below.
- Be a quick and efficient means of speech.
- And many more things....
The reason I decided to mainly draw from the germanic languages are:
Bill of Rights
Get the real news here