Section for Mike H. Lee & Josh Dixon's Babylon Five® Fonts
Babylon 5 Alien fonts, here
A note from Mike:
Mike's thanks for assisting with source info, testing and development go to: Josh Dixon/ for pre-partnership helps & A special thanks to all the B5 UK fans for the help with the B5 updates.
you can email MIKE at: MikeHLee@aol.com. Mike especially would like source info, like screen captures of letters of the Babylon 5 languages he has fonted.
Babylon 5, characters, names, and all related indicia are trademarks of Time Warner Entertainment Co., LP. ©1997 Time Warner Entertainment Co., LP. All Rights Reserved.
Attention Mac Users! Here you can get a utility, called TTConverter, to convert PC Windows True Type Fonts into a Mac usable Post Script I format. TTConverter is compressed into SIT format, so you will need STUFFIT to decompress the program. For more information on how it is used, go to Mary Forrest's Page.
- the Vorlon B5 Warner bros.® font. This font is
based on the lettering used in the Babylon Five® tv show. The original version of the font
was based only on bits and pieces from various episodes.
Update 4-7-98 - New version:
The code for the Vorlon comes from the season 4 trading cards (USA). So far the code works for the (UK) Babylon 5 Magazine & the (USA) game Babylon 5 wars and (USA) Official B5 Calendar (1998).
1) The font is canon A thru Z.
2) The Numbersign# is the symbol of the Vorlon Empire, the Asterisk* and Exclamation! are symbols seen on their ships.
3) I have no idea which direction Vorlon is written, lets just say left to right for now.
4) No Earth numbers had been converted into Vorlon from the cards, so I added them using Vorlon characters (the letters) as a base for the design. I will add the numbers into the font when and if I receive them.
Michael Lee 4-10-98
- the Minbari B5 Warner bros.® font. This font is
based on the lettering used in the Babylon Five® tv show.
(A thru Z & 0 thru 6 canon). Minbari has been seen written left to right
and Up/down (As in the Episode "Divided Loyalties"). Most
of the text in this font comes from the episodes: "War
Without End part I" & "Matters of Honor". An update on this
font is in the works. New info. from two older episodes
"There All Honor Lies" & "Atonement" [and the newer cable shows] will be added.
All of the Minbari comes from Josh Dixon.
Updated & reordered 4-25-98
Mike added some new characters from info received from the official Babylon 5 fan newsletter (USA). This font has been seen in the show ( first two seasons ) though not as much now as the Minbari II font is. The whole font is now canon.
Mike Lee 4-25-98
- Minbari II B5 Warner bros.® font. The code for the Minbari II comes from the
season 4 trading cards (USA). So far the code works for the (UK) Babylon 5 Magazine &
the (USA)game Babylon 5 wars. Most languages have a Script & Print version, these are
1) The whole font is canon.
2) This Minbari II font is seen more on the show than the other Minbari font.
3) Minbari II has been seen written left to right and up and down.
4) No Earth numbers had been converted into Minbari II from the cards, so I added them from the other characters (the letters). Like the Romans did for their numbers ( I, V, X, M .....). I will add numbers into the font when and if I receive them.
Michael Lee 4-3-98
- the Shadow B5 Warner bros.® font. This font is based on the lettering used in the Babylon Five® tv show. ( up to the letter O). Shadow: The font text comes from the obelisk on Z'ha'dum. In the episode " Z'HA'DUM " glowing runes are carved on these obelisks.
- the Narn B5 Warner bros.® font. : The book of G'Quan does contain some of my Narn chartacters. But
it also contains some other chartacters I have not seen elsewhere on the show. I'm putting
those other letters in the book of G'Quan down as Narn letters but decorated.
For the most part my font matches the rest of B5. In the customs area pic (download it at the official Warner bros.® B5 web site) there are Narn posters with Narn letters. When the Narns were looking at battle plans on a screen in G'kars quarters and in the restroom these fonts are used. There is also an episode in which G'kar is writing (right to left) using the Narn chartacters in my font.
Michael H Lee 4-1-97
Update 4-23-97 Narn: Found a new letter in the episode "Atonement" and added it to the font. letter size fixed. 4-23-97
Update 10-30-97 reordered.
Update 3-15-98 More code found on: trading cards(USA), the Babylon 5 magazine(UK) & game Babylon 5 Wars(USA).
1) The Narn update has three new characters. ( F, G, N )
2) The Narn (code) does not have a "K" , when a "K" is in the text the "K" is dropped.
3) In the Narn (code) the letters "X" & "Z" are the same.
4) I could not find a letter "Q" to compare with the Narn, so I added one from the known letters.
5) No Earth numbers had been converted into narn, so I added them from the other characters seen on the show.
6) The whole font should be canon.
Michael Lee 3-15-98
- the Pak' ma' ra B5 Warner bros.® font. This font is a total invention and has not been used on the Babylon Five® tv show.
- The Great Machine Epsilon 3 B5 Warner bros.® font. The Great Machine of Epsilon 3:( A thru T are canon) Mike took liberty with the rest of the font. The letters come from the writing on the front part of the machine that Draal is standing in and attached to. The episodes showing this font are "The Long, Twilight Struggle" and "Voices of Authority".
- Mike's Centauri B5 Warner bros.® font. Centauri is
written left to right. Londo's head moves that way as he reads on the show.
There is another Centauri font going around that is mostly invented, Mike has tried to make his Centauri as canon as possible. Accept no substitutes!
Updated 10-30-97 - Updated & reordered 3-22-98 - updated 7-6-98 New Version.
The code for the Centauri comes from the season 4 trading cards (USA). So far the code works for the (UK) Babylon 5 Magazine & the (USA) game Babylon 5 wars.
1) Centauri update has some fixes (B,G,Z )
2) The Centauri (code) does not have a (Q,X,Y), when these letters are used in the text they are dropped, always. It was just pointed out to me that once in the the (UK) B5 Magazine they used a "C" for a "K" in the word "KOSH". So I'm using a "C" for the letter "K" too.
3) No Earth numbers had been converted into Centauri, so I added them from the other characters seen on the show. There was a bomb that had numbers scrolling before it went off. So I used these, and picked them out the best I could.
4) Add Centauri symbol to font.
Michael Lee 7-6-98
- Mike's Wingding B5 Warner bros.® font: Just symbols & iconic stuff.
I'm still working on the B5 Symbols when I can. I plan on adding more in the future, maybe: a Centauri Ship (I may be starting it soon)
These symbols were created by Michael Lee:
A=Narn Ship B=Minbari Ship C=Vorlon Ship D=Starfury E=B5 Shield F=Psi Corp G=B5's 5 H=B5's 5 I=B5 Security J=Symbol seen in Med Lab K=Earth Alliance L=Nightwatch M=Centauri letter N=Narn symbol O=Vorlon letter P=Babylon 5 Q=Minbari symbol R=B4 Security S=Centauri Royal symbol T=Star Riders Clan (Minbari) U=Medical symbol V=Agamemnon ship symbol W=Vorlon Empire symbol X=Narn Regime symbol d=Breather mask symbol e=Elevator (lift) symbol f=Shadow Ship h=PPG (Phased Plasma Gun) i=New B5 Shield k=IPX symbol l=Babylon 5 m = White Star n = Black Omega Squad (symbol) o = Black Omega Squad fighter p = Zocalo q = Brakiri Ship r = Earthforce Ship s = Shadow Creature
These symbols were created by Keith Nelson (He did an excellent job, many thanks Keith!!!):
Y=Maintenance patch Z=Babylon 4 Symbol a=Earth Force patch b=Earth Force medical patch c=Earth Force Security patch g=Earth Alliance j=Ranger symbol t = welder's mask over EA silhouette u = Starfury canopy over EA silhouette v = Pilot's "Wings"
Michael Lee, with Keith Nelson, updated 6-15-00
- Mike's Markab B5 Warner bros.® font: Markab (A thru Z, 1 - 5 are Canon)
Here is the Markab Font, some new letters may be added soon (in a month or two). Josh & Mike believe some letters in the restroom are Markab. Mike has 21 Markab characters with background info from "Confessions and Lamentations" and "Soul Mates".
Updated 7-20-97 with more characters (canon W - Z, # 1 - 5) that are possibly Markab.
- Mike's Brakiri B5 Warner bros.® font: Brakiri (A thru I are Canon)
Here is the Brakiri Font, the "A" is certainly Brakiri, "B" thru "I" are possibly Brakiri but are certainly from the show. The rest of the font is invented to fill it in. 7-20-97.
- Josh Dixon's Gaim invented B5 Warner bros.® font: This font is
a total invention and has not been used on the Babylon Five® tv show.
The observations that helped design the font are known as the "Xenolinguistic
Reconstruction Theorem". invented by Josh Dixon, fonted by Mike H. Lee.
- Mike & Josh's Drazi B5 Warner bros.® font: Drazi (A thru Y -omit Q- are Canon, 1-9&0 invented)
Enclosed is a Drazi font update. The code for the Drazi comes from (UK) Babylon 5 Magazine.
1) The code works for the following letters: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,L,M,N,O,P,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y
2) The letter "K" is canon but I do not know where to put it in the code.
3) I have no letters for "Q" & "Z", though the symbol I used for "K" could be either "K", "Q" or "Z"
4) No numbers have been seen, so I added them using other characters and making from other characters.
Drazi is read Left to Right (like English).
Mike Lee 6-23-98
5) Minor update of the letters C,J,P. 7-13-98
- Mike & Josh's Hyach B5 Warner bros.® font:
This Hyach font comes from the season 5 episode
"Secrets of the Soul". I picked out what I could,
only 8 letters are canon (A thru H). The Hyach link
their letters together like a chain.
Michael Lee 5-17-98
Fonted by Mike H. Lee.
- Mike & Josh's Abbai B5 Warner bros.® font: This font
comes mostly from the Babylon 5 Magazine. I HAVE NOT
SEEN THIS FONT IN CONNECTION WITH ANY RACE. So I'm guessing as
to who this font belongs, but I will change the name of it if
and when it is made known to me. The entire font is canon, and
the only letters not in the font are: G,J,K,Q,U,Z . There are
more letters for this font type but this is all I could pick out.
Michael Lee 9-20-98
Fonted by Mike H. Lee.
- Mike & Josh's Llort B5 Warner bros.® font: This font
comes mostly from the Babylon 5 Magazine, though it has
been seen on the show. I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS FONT IN CONNECTION
WITH ANY RACE. So I'm guessing as to who this font belongs, but
I will change the name of it if and when it is made known to me.
The entire font is canon, and the only letters in it are as
follow: A,B,C,D,E,G,I,L,M,N,O,P,R,S,T,U,V,W. There are more
letters for this font type but this is all I could pick out.
More letters will be added to the font when I find them.
Michael Lee 9-20-98
Fonted by Mike H. Lee.
- Mike & Josh's Anti-Life Runes B5 Warner bros.® font: This Anti-Life
Runes font comes from the Babylon 5 movie Thirdspace.
We have only a few letters that are canon ( A thru H ); these letters
are seen on the walls of one of the buildings, when Ivanova waves her
hand over them in the dream caused by these beings; the rest of the font
was created by Michael Lee & Josh Dixon. We are not told
the name of these creatures, but the Vorlons referred to them as
"Anti-Life" - out to destroy all life that is not their own. Furthermore,
the Anti-Life creatures believe that only they have the right to exist in the universe,
and that all other life forms are inferior and must be exterminated.
Anti-Life is written up and down.
Michael Lee 10-3-98
Fonted by Mike H. Lee
- Mike & Josh's Station Human B5 Warner bros.® font:
Here is Babylon 5 Station font, this is the type used (for Human English)
on the Babylon 5 Station. Mike asked Josh what he thought about putting
is up seeing it is not an Alien font. He thinks we should as: "the font is an
integral part of the B5 universe, because almost all signage in the EA
uses it alone or in conjunction with Serpentine Bold."
The font was created by Michael Lee & Josh Dixon.
Michael Lee 10-9-98
Fonted by Mike H. Lee
- Mike's Life Machine B5 Warner bros.® font:
This B5 Life Machine font comes from the life energy transfer machine
first seen in the episode "The Quality of Mercy". All the letters
Michael Lee 1-30-99
- Mike's Tak'Cha B5 Warner bros.® font:
This B5 Tak'Cha font comes from the 3-issue miniseries "Babylon 5: In Valen's Name",
March through May 1998, from DC comics. The info for this font comes from Michael Dolan.
Only A thru O are canon, the rest of the font was designed and created by Michael Lee.
The Tak'Cha are a humanoid species of probable Insectoid origins. They have greenish-tan skin stretched over a skeletal frame 6.5 to 7 feet tall, making them resemble desiccated corpses. They possess close-set yellow-green compound eyes above slitted nostrils in a low, wide head; and an array of mandibles and palps flanking their needle-toothed mouths. they wear green and yellow robes cut in fashion similar to the Minbari as shipboard uniforms, and skin-tight olive vaccuum-armor for EVA work. They are a fanatical, brutal, nomad warrior race, once ancient followers of Valen (and the Vorlons).
Michael Lee 7-7-99.
Update 2-10-00: added two new symbols (period and question mark) and added the lower case r.
You can email MIKE at: MikeHLee@aol.com. Again, more source material is always appreciated.
For other Babylon Five fonts such as the other centauri, go to PJ Cleary's page in the links page.
Back to Top of this page.
This Web Page was created & is maintained by:
Tommy of Escondido / email@example.com.
Second Site Revision: Tommy and
Josh Dixon. Copyrighted © 3/3/2000
Visitors since Dec 6, 1997: