1. "Abolition of property
in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes."
2. "A heavy progressive
or graduated income tax."
3. "Abolition of all rights
4. "Confiscation of the
property of all emigrants and rebels."
5. "Centralization of credit
in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state
capital and an exclusive monopoly."
6. "Centralization of the
means of communication and transport in the hands of the state."
7. "Extension of factories
and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing
into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil
generally in accordance with a common plan."
8. "Equal obligation of
all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for
9. "Combination of agriculture
with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction
between town and country by a more equable distribution of the
populace over the country."
10. "Free education for
all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory
labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial
1) US acceptance of coexistence
as the only alternative to atomic war.
2) US willingness to capitulate
in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3) Develop the illusion that
total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of "moral
4) Permit free trade between
all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless
of whether or not items could be used for war.
5) Extension of long term loans
to Russia and Soviet Satellites.
6) Provide American aid to all
nations regardless of Communist domination.
7) Grant recognition of Red China,
and admission of Red China to the UN.
8) Set up East and West Germany
as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to
settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision
of the UN.
9) Prolong the conferences to
ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as
long as negotiations are in progress.
10) Allow all Soviet Satellites
individual representation in the UN.
11) Promote the UN as the only
hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it
be set up as a one world government with its own independent
armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be
taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these
two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in
12) Resist any attempt to outlaw
the Communist Party.
13) Do away with loyalty oaths.
14) Continue giving Russia access
to the US Patent Office.
15) Capture one or both of the
political parties in the US.
16) Use technical decisions of
the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming
their activities violate civil rights.
17) Get control of the schools.
Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist
propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations.
Put the party line in text books.
18) Gain control of all student
19) Use student riots to foment
public protests against programs or organizations which are under
20) Infiltrate the press. Get
control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making
21) Gain control of key positions
in radio, TV & motion pictures.
22) Continue discrediting American
culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American
Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture
from parks and buildings," substitute shapeless, awkward,
and meaningless forms.
23) Control art critics and directors
of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive,
24) Eliminate all laws governing
obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation
of free speech and free press.
25) Break down cultural standards
of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books,
magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy,
and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy."
27) Infiltrate the churches and
replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit
the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which
does not need a "religious crutch."
28) Eliminate prayer or any phase
of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it
violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29) Discredit the American Constitution
by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern
needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide
30) Discredit the American founding
fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern
for the "common man".
31) Belittle all forms of American
culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the
ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture":
Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took
32) Support any socialist movement
to give centralized control over any part of the culture - -
education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics,
33) Eliminate all laws or procedures,
which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34) Eliminate the House Committee
on Un-American Activities.
35) Discredit and eventually
dismantle the FBI.
36) Infiltrate and gain control
of more unions.
37) Infiltrate and gain control
of big business.
38) Transfer some of the powers
of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral
problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists
can understand or treat.
39) Dominate the psychiatric
profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive
control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40) Discredit the family as an
institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41) Emphasize the need to raise
children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute
prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive
influence of parents.
42) Create the impression that
violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American
tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise
up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political,
or social problems.
43) Overthrow all colonial governments
before native populations are ready for self-government.
44) Internationalize the Panama
45) Repeal the Connally Reservation
so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction
over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over
domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations
and individuals alike.
Rules for Revolution
1. Corrupt the young: get them
away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial;
destroy their ruggedness.
2. Get control of all means of
publicity. Get peoples' minds off their government by focusing
their attention on athletics, sexy books, plays and other trivialities.
3. Divide people into hostile
groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
4. Destroy the peoples' faith
in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt,
ridicule and . (speak against, condemnatory utterances)
5. Always preach ;true democracy;
but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
6. By encouraging government
extravagance, destroy its credit; produce fear of inflation,
rising prices and general discontent.
7. Foment strikes in vital industries;
encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude
on the part of government toward these disorders.
8. By special argument cause
a breakdown of the old moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence,
faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.
9. Cause the registration of
all firearms on some pretext with a view of confiscation of them
and leaving the population helpless.
See "NOTE: here.