UFO - Rotation
- May 13, October 13, 1917. Fatima, Portugal (1)
A brilliant pearly disk rotating on its own axis and emitted rays of colored lights in all directions.
- 1922. Poland
A silvery object. Two hemispheres divided by a rotating ring.
The object shoots a beam of light.
- August 15, 1950. Great Falls, Montana (1)
Two silvery flying disks. Spinning motion was apparent on film.
- October 5, 1957. Sao Francisco de Salles (1)
A rotating cupola on top of the craft changed from red to green as it decelerated.
- Early 1960s. Yuma, Arizona (1)
Actor Jaime Farr (M*A*S*H) driving down desert road. Caught sight of a light zigzagging across sky at incredible speed. Stopped in mid-air, hoverd for a while, took off at high speed. The UFO approached within one hundred yards of car, then paced it. Could distinquish a domed apparatus with a light swinging around its base. The desert sand swirled underneath it.
- 1962. Between Los Angeles and Los Vegas (1)
Singer Buddy Greco saw a metallic dome spinning on the ground. Brilliant white lights flashed around its rim. Object rose vertically and shot up into the sky at incredible speed.
- October 21, 1963. Trancas Argentina (14/p. 182)
Suddenly a multicoloured band began to rotate inside the windows and a witish mist thickened around the object, wich emitted a faint hum. The witnesses became aware of a sulphurous smell.
As the band inside the craft rotated faster and faster, they watched while the disc gradually became enveloped in a white mist until all could be seen was
- October 21, 1965. St. George, Minnesota (1)
The outer ring between the blue light and the rim was rotating counterclockwise, casting off a halo of light that changed from orange to white with an overall tinge of blue and green.
- Late 1960s. Cone-like and spinning top UFO illustration
- 1974. Trancas, California (1)
The rotating rim had what appeared to be windows illuminated by blue, green and fluorescent gray lights.
- April 5, 1977. Victoria, TX
Disc with dome and 3 lights (red, green and white) revolving around it is observed shooting off sparks.
- April 15, 1975. Manzano Laboratory area (Sandia National Laboratories), New Mexico (13/p.321-322)
The object displayed a distinct whirling motion, as it rotated about its central axis. Reported R.C. Hecker, an investigator for the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization.
- April 25, 1975. Bainbridge Island, WA
Circular object with rotating blue and yellow lights, hovers over a tree and gives off a high pitched sound.
- 1994. Guadalajara, Mexico
Raul Dominguez. It was a machine that I believe was about 25 meters in diameter. The lower half revolved. I didn't notice any noise until it was very close to me. I heard it when it was 10 to 12 meteres above my head and I heard a sound like bees buzzing. I felt my hair brisling and my close moved as well as my hair.
- January 4, 1994. Fleury Sur Andelle, France
Witness observes a luminous conical (cone-shaped) form turning around its axis and comprising on its circumference stripes of various colors.
- Thursday, February 25, 1999. Washington State
In addition, as the object appeared to increase its altitude, the elk, which was suspended upright below the disc, rotated slowly beneath it and appeared to be getting closer to the ventral surface of the disc.
- June 2005. Washington, United States
It spined at about 20 mph.
- October 23, 2008. Stephenville, Texas
Source: WFAA ABC News
Andy Monrreal, You could see the oval shape...got mu friend, I said 'dude you got to come look at this.'"Andy’s mother: “It was a round thing. You could see lights around it, flickering and changing. It was awesome...just turning and flickering.”